Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

For the 3rd straight year, the worst team with the best odds won it again.

They're 3 to 1 underdogs against the field yet it still happened. You do the math and it was a 1.5% chance that this could happen.

Imagine, had we tanked correctly we'd have a young core of KAT, Simmons, Fultz.

I'm not saying it rigged because it definitely isn't. The lakers ourselves have been lucky.

We jumped to #2 from #4 in 2015
Stayed at #2 in 2016
And jumped again to #2 this year

Boston won so it's bittersweet but I'm just glad we get to keep the pick to expedite our rebuild.

Here's to #tankisover
CaliRyderX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:

They're 3 to 1 underdogs against the field yet it still happened. You do the math and it was a 1.5% chance that this could happen.

I'm not saying it rigged because it definitely isn't. The lakers ourselves have been lucky.

Stayed at #2 in 2016

Boston won so it's bittersweet but I'm just glad we get to keep the pick to expedite our rebuild.

Here's to #tankisover

The prospect of a young core consisting of Ball, Russell, and Ingram is no slouch either.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

We might not have been bad enough if we drafted KAT.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
We might not have been bad enough if we drafted KAT.

This.

Hard to say with so many hypotheticals out there.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject:

If you want to get conspiratorial, I believe the drawing has only been released to the public since 2013.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

Another random thoughts about the draft thread.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

I submit 1 thread a year on average. Give me this one lol
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

#tankisover
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:

Stayed at #2 in 2016

Here's to #tankisover

You act like it's easy to get the worst record in the league year after year. Some of these teams have a lot more experience at it than the Lakers. Plus Lakers couldn't do it out right when Kobe was with the team.

I'm satisfied with the results. Lakers weren't going to reach the CLE/PHI levels of luck and suck.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

We would have been never bad enough to win 10 games like Philly last year lol. Besides, like pointed out, if you draft KAT, we might not even finish 3rd worst let alone #1.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

You can look at the glass being half empty for every situation in life but that just leads to a pretty unsatisfying life.

I like to look at life with a glass half full mentality because that's all you have at the end of the day. We could have fell out of the top 3 of those three years and only have 2/3 of our best pieces, we could have fell out of the top 3 two years and only have 1 of these guys or we could have never gotten a single pick and be completely (bleep) for the future.

Luckily we ended up with Ingram, DLO and Lonzo which gives us alot of hope and we drafted well with our late first and seconds giving us alot to work with. Luke Walton also chose our starting job over continuing to ride with a championship contender. We could have ended up with Thibs who wouldn't make this defensive roster much better and run our young guys into the ground.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

#tankisover

Knock yourself out.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

The 2 win improvement from the Twolves from 2015-2016 to 2016-2017 means KAT, Lavine, Wiggins have a lot to work on to be legitimate 2-way players in this league. Nothing they showed me this season impressed me. There were nights where KAT and Wiggins combined for 80 and still lost. One can argue they even regressed on the defensive end. If the past season is an indication of how they'll perform in the coming seasons, they really aren't any further than other rebuilding teams. I think even Philly has the better future tbh.

I'm sorry but I'll take my chances with Ingram-Ball-Russell here. I don't think people realize how good Ingram is going to be, and how much of an enabler Ball is going to be for them.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
The 2 win improvement from the Twolves from 2015-2016 to 2016-2017 means KAT, Lavine, Wiggins have a lot to work on to be legitimate 2-way players in this league. Nothing they showed me this season impressed me. There were nights where KAT and Wiggins combined for 80 and still lost. One can argue they even regressed on the defensive end. If the past season is an indication of how they'll perform in the coming seasons, they really aren't any further than other rebuilding teams. I think even Philly has the better future tbh.

I'm sorry but I'll take my chances with Ingram-Ball-Russell here. I don't think people realize how good Ingram is going to be, and how much of an enabler Ball is going to be for them.

Timberwolves players put up the most empty stats in pro sports, especially kat

I think you put this in the wrong thread tho
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

IMO Thibs is a bad coach for that team. I can't stand that guy, I can imagine the players feel the same way.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:

Boston actually won the lottery drawing three times in a row last night as well. Also a 1.5% of that happening.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Something more interesting happened in this year's lottery

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:

Stayed at #2 in 2016

Here's to #tankisover
take fultz out and put in ball. we were drafting ball with the #1 or #2 or #3 pick assuming he was still on the board. but yes if we would've tanked like those loser teams. we would've had the best player in each draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: