Clippers Concerned By Spurs' Possible Pursuit Of Chris Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
It would be great....999 would get livid though.

I don't mind clippers breaking up. But I was wondering since Pelicans have Boogie and Anthony do you think a return to NO is a possibility

Do they have the cap space to retain Cousins and get Chris Paul? I think they would have to let Cousins walk.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Even with CP3 the Spurs have no chance against a healthy Warrior team.

The same healthy Warriors that were down 26 and looked totally helpless against a healthy Leonard and Spurs teams sans their starting PG? Now if you mean that teams won't have a chance because Draymond is going to kick someone in the groin, or Pachulia is going to slide under shooters again, yes, no chance.

It is almost a given that the Spurs will be the 3rd best team in the league again next season without Paul. Adding the best PG Pop has ever had to coach would seem to give, at worst, give them a fighting chance vs the Warriors and Cavs.

A lot of it depends on what players the Spurs have to dump to create cap space for Paul. They add him but does it make up for who they lose?

They should dump Pau.

He has a player option, it is up to him
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
In the end, I'm fairly confident CP3 will do what most all other NBA players do and sign for the MOST money - which means Clippers (sigh)...

This. Clippers can offer him a supermax contract.

Griffin, on the other hand, is no longer eligible for a supermax due to missing All-NBA teams two years running. I think he's gone.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
In the end, I'm fairly confident CP3 will do what most all other NBA players do and sign for the MOST money - which means Clippers (sigh)...

Griffin, on the other hand, is no longer eligible for a supermax due to missing All-NBA teams two years running. I think he's gone.

Where do you think he ends up?
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Lakers.

BALL
BUTLER
PG
BLAKE
MOZGOV

CHAMPIONSHIP.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
Why don't a bunch of stars join a superteam on the East? C'mon guys!

It's called the Cavilers, and before that Miami and Boston....
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I think the feeling is that Griffin was probably expendable since they can get another all star to take his place. This is why his name came up in trade talks the year before.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

If I'm CP3, and I'm dead serious about winning a championship, I'd be willing to take a massive pay cut to join the Spurs. He already has more than enough money for at least two lifetimes, and I'm sure State Farm is paying him some good money too. Forget this supermax crap and the Spurs gutting their roster to get him. I've always been a CP3 fan, and he deserves a legit chance at a title while he's still an elite player. He should pull a Karl Malone or Gary Payton.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19521062/chris-paul-give-strong-consideration-san-antonio-spurs-free-agency-sources

Its getting real.
Me thinks is that while the extra 70 million would help, he is seeing that his legacy is disappearing while his buddy Lebron is going to the Finals every single year. Also probably realizes that money can't fill his competitive urges if you look at how Melo's career is going after he took max to stay in NY.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I've noticed his marketability seems to have fallen off the last few years from it's heyday following his Slam Dunk championship. Remember when we were being inundated with all of his commercials for Kia and Old Spice?
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Chicago or Boston could use a player like him. Maybe New York?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I've noticed his marketability seems to have fallen off the last few years from it's heyday following his Slam Dunk championship. Remember when we were being inundated with all of his commercials for Kia and Old Spice?

Hard to market a 2nd round disappointment....
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
EldenCampbell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Hard to market a 2nd round disappointment....

Hasn't hurt Chris Paul.

If playing in LA isn't help Blake's marketability and he gets no Supermax maybe he doesn't feel compelled to stay.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Joining the Spurs while taking a pay cut isn't really a smart move. San Antonio would be a good team with him but it will not be safe to say that the Spurs can beat the Warriors. Big gamble for a big pay cut.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Joining the Spurs while taking a pay cut isn't really a smart move. San Antonio would be a good team with him but it will not be safe to say that the Spurs can beat the Warriors. Big gamble for a big pay cut.

They already had a real chance of beating the Warriors, especially before Tony Parker got injured. If they're able to keep the rest of their key guys their chances only get better with CP3. They have probably the best frontline in the NBA, which would allow them to slow down the tempo and keep the scores in the 100s. The Warriors one weakness may be interior defense. They'll still be the favorites next year, but at least the Spurs will be seriously closing the gap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: