lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's weird to think that this would have been global news ten years ago. It's still making the rounds in the media, but nothing like it would have ten years ago.

The media painted him as some sort of weird hyper fetish sexual monster that preyed on women like a boogie man sneaking through your window in the middle of the night and into your bed.

Since than people thought he was just weird and wanted nothing to do with him. His game fell off and so did his popularity.

Quite sad for cheating on your wife. I read that His ex was a crazy person. When she found out about his cheating she attacked him with a golf club and knocked him out with it and his neighbor found tiger passed out on front lawn from the golf club assault

His obsession with Navy Seals training which decimated his body didn't help either....

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death

Very long read. In essence his life unraveled after his father's death. Similar to what MJ faced, except MJ managed to get out of his funk after he realized baseball wasn't his calling.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/19496396/tiger-woods-found-asleep-car-arrest-dui-charge
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

This must be the definition of "celebrity". A guy getting arrested on suspicion of DUI, in Florida, over Memorial Day weekend, isn't newsworthy on it's surface.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

I sort of feel bad for him. He's taking too many prescribed pills because of his injuries. And it looks like it's taking a toll on his health.

Rehab?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I sort of feel bad for him. He's taking too many prescribed pills because of his injuries. And it looks like it's taking a toll on his health.

Rehab?

I think he has bigger problems than golf right now. Probably an intervention by his family would go a long way.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

It's hard to tell from this whether he really has a problem. If he had zero alcohol in his system and was sleeping in his car, that's consistent with his explanation that this is the result of the combination of prescribed medications. We tend to be suspicious of people when pills are involved, but I've known people who had something similar happen.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's hard to tell from this whether he really has a problem. If he had zero alcohol in his system and was sleeping in his car, that's consistent with his explanation that this is the result of the combination of prescribed medications. We tend to be suspicious of people when pills are involved, but I've known people who had something similar happen.

He had surgery pretty recently IIRC and obviously has had a ton of back problems that have kept him out of tournaments, so I'm sure his medicine cabinet is stocked full of prescribed pain killers.

Obviously there's the possibility he took excessive amounts of those painkillers though.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

Golf is a mental game. Multiple back surgeries, failed comebacks and the divorce stuff. Now this DUI. He hasn't been in a good mental place in awhile.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

pain killers are usually in opiate of some kind. it can lead to a heroin addiction
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Prince and Michael Jackson come to mind.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

pain killers are usually in opiate of some kind. it can lead to a heroin addiction

Yes, and it is totally legit to be suspicious here. Just the same, I've known people who had stuff like this happen without any addiction issues. We're a freaking over-medicated society.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Those prescription pain killers are very powerful. They change the brain chemistry that makes it very hard to break the addiction.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Didn't the cops say they "smelled alcohol" on him?

Lots of conflicting reporting as usual, but a DUI is a DUI...if you are passed out at the wheel of a running car, most would agree that is taking it well over the line.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I think he's probably a raging alcoholic. His face looks 100% like he's got the alcohol bloat going on.

Naw. No alcohol in his blood. The dude is just aging and not able to be in the shape he was when he was younger and uninjured.

Prescription drugs can be far more damaging than booze, and in a much more rapid fashion. Given all of his back problems etc. pills are likely the problem.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I think he's probably a raging alcoholic. His face looks 100% like he's got the alcohol bloat going on.

Naw. No alcohol in his blood. The dude is just aging and not able to be in the shape he was when he was younger and uninjured.

Prescription drugs can be far more damaging than booze, and in a much more rapid fashion. Given all of his back problems etc. pills are likely the problem.

Yep. And really I'm surprised alcohol wasn't involved. How easy would it be for him drink while he was taking his meds? We already know he's previously been a "party" guy. So, this may indicate he has some sort of will power to not mix the two.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
999 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's weird to think that this would have been global news ten years ago. It's still making the rounds in the media, but nothing like it would have ten years ago.

The media painted him as some sort of weird hyper fetish sexual monster that preyed on women like a boogie man sneaking through your window in the middle of the night and into your bed.

Since than people thought he was just weird and wanted nothing to do with him. His game fell off and so did his popularity.

Quite sad for cheating on your wife. I read that His ex was a crazy person. When she found out about his cheating she attacked him with a golf club and knocked him out with it and his neighbor found tiger passed out on front lawn from the golf club assault

LINK?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1239225/Tiger-Woodss-wife-Elin-battered-iron-caught-texting-mistress.html

I know Elin attacked him and he was trying to get away. I was questioning, "his neighbor found tiger passed out on front lawn from the golf club assault," that's an exaggeration and belies the facts.
Quote:
Tiger hopped in the Escalade [his car] and tried to leave; and as we know Elin knocked out the windows in the Escalade.
'When Tiger crashed, Elin panicked and was not sure what to tell the police (which is why there are two conflicting stories from her)'.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject:

Dashcam footage of Tiger's field sobriety test. Sad to see him this way.

http://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/10900291/tiger-woods-struggles-to-walk-in-video-released-by-florida-police-after-arrest
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

I think he should spend time with his kids. Does his ex even let him see them?
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Dude needs treatment.

The sooner he gets better, the sooner I can get back to hating on him.

Not as cool to hate on him really down like this.

Bye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: