Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I think OJ is guilty of the murders but I dont see how anyone can look at this robbery on an unbiased legal standpoint and not say the legal system clearly used this case to punish him for escaping the murder convictions.

I don't think very many people have even TRIED to rationalize it. Folks wanted their pound of flesh and didn't care how they got it.

To be fair, that pound of flesh was not an unreasonable request given how everything played out. OJ chose to play the legal system in every way possible and as a result bent over backwards to avoid being held accountable to the civil judgement.

He deserves zero sympathy, and I have no problem with how the legal system played him back in the case he was imprisoned for.

But if the system kicks him loose now, I don't have an issue with that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
OJ's case was decided October 3, 1995. The Kardashian's show first aired October 14, 2007. The public gave us the Kardashian's.

Correction. Ryan Seacrest gave us the Kardashians....that guy will burn in hell for that....

Seacrest introduced them, the public kept, is keeping, them alive. I think I've watched in total about 5 minutes of that show, if that much. How many minutes have you watched? Honestly!

None, I cut the cord....take that E!

Kim was supposedly worth around 48 million in 2oo7 compared to 150 million 2017. See, you're one of those responsible for their continued existence. Why was there a cord to cut? I watched very limited minutes of KUWTK. I saw women sitting on a couch talking about things that were of no interest to me. What's the fascination?

What the heck are you talking about.
Cutting the cord means you cut cable services. That means I contribute 0 dollars to their show.

Oooooootay, misunderstood your post. My bad.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
I think OJ is guilty of the murders but I dont see how anyone can look at this robbery on an unbiased legal standpoint and not say the legal system clearly used this case to punish him for escaping the murder convictions.

I don't think very many people have even TRIED to rationalize it. Folks wanted their pound of flesh and didn't care how they got it.

To be fair, that pound of flesh was not an unreasonable request given how everything played out. OJ chose to play the legal system in every way possible and as a result bent over backwards to avoid being held accountable to the civil judgement.

He deserves zero sympathy, and I have no problem with how the legal system played him back in the case he was imprisoned for.

Are you saying you think exacting a pound of flesh is OK because many people thought O J was guilty for the deaths of Nicole and Ron? A jury of his peers found him not guilty.

Don't you think it would set a precedence that would open a can of worms unprecedented?

That would send a message to every judge if the people didn't like the verdict a jury rendered they have the right to over sentence the person they think the jury found not guilty?

Our system would lose value if judges are allowed to do what Judge Jackie Glass did. IMO she's a disgrace to her profession. Didn't she retire? Didn't she and her husband go into entertainment?

OJ didn't play the system he did what rich people do, hired the best lawyer to handle his case. His decision to make Cochran his lead attorney was best for him. Shapiro wanted O J to take a plea bargain, Cochran wanted to win. Shapiro's strength was plea bargaining. Johnny was very good at defiling policemen.

Chris Darden and Marcia Clark were out lawyered. Simple as that.

Where is the judge outrage for George Zimmerman killing Tryavon Martin? He stepped afoul of the law on numerous occasions and walked. Why wasn't he given 33 years for assaulting his girlfriend?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Are you saying you think exacting a pound of flesh is OK because many people thought O J was guilty for the deaths of Nicole and Ron? A jury of his peers found him not guilty.

Don't you think it would set a precedence that would open a can of worms unprecedented?

That would send a message to every judge if the people didn't like the verdict a jury rendered they have the right to over sentence the person they think the jury found not guilty?

Our system would lose value if judges are allowed to do what Judge Jackie Glass did. IMO she's a disgrace to her profession. Didn't she retire? Didn't she and her husband go into entertainment?

OJ didn't play the system he did what rich people do, hired the best lawyer to handle his case. His decision to make Cochran his lead attorney was best for him. Shapiro wanted O J to take a plea bargain, Cochran wanted to win. Shapiro's strength was plea bargaining. Johnny was very good at defiling policemen.

Where is the judge outrage for George Zimmerman killing Tryavon Martin? He stepped afoul of the law on numerous occasions and walked. Why wasn't he given 33 years for assaulting his girlfriend?

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

OJ brutally murdered two people including the mother of his own kids - and "not guilty" verdict doesn't change that. He was found responsible for the murders in the civil trial and then manipulated things so that he could avoid paying the penalties for that as well.

I'm not going to bat an eye because several years later a judge saw an opportunity to mete out some judicial karma on him.

But as I said above, he's served his time for that decently from what we have heard. So if the parole board cuts him loose, I'm good with that.

As for the foolish attempt to pretend I ignore, or am OK, with the Zimmerman verdict, I'll just ignore that attempt to bait.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

OJ brutally murdered two people including the mother of his own kids - and "not guilty" verdict doesn't change that. He was found responsible for the murders in the civil trial and then manipulated things so that he could avoid paying the penalties for that as well.

I'm not going to bat an eye because several years later a judge saw an opportunity to mete out some judicial karma on him.

But as I said above, he's served his time for that decently from what we have heard. So if the parole board cuts him loose, I'm good with that.

As for the foolish attempt to pretend I ignore, or am OK, with the Zimmerman verdict, I'll just ignore that attempt to bait.

His being found responsible doesn't say he committed the crime. No does it answer my question Are you saying you think exacting a pound of flesh is OK

His ability to not pay the Goldman's was created by pension laws.

That opportunity is my concern. She used the law in a inappropriate manner.

I wasn't attempting anything let alone something foolish. Why does it always come to such insensitive verbiage when discussing differences with you? Language like that is why I avoid debating you let alone try to bait you.

A simple yes or no answer to my question would be appreciated.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I wasn't attempting anything let alone something foolish.Why does it always come to such insensitive verbiage when discussing differences with you?

jodeke: "Where is the judge outrage for George Zimmerman killing Tryavon Martin? "

You're asking me about insensitive verbiage?

Moving on now.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I wasn't attempting anything let alone something foolish.Why does it always come to such insensitive verbiage when discussing differences with you?

jodeke: "Where is the judge outrage for George Zimmerman killing Tryavon Martin? "

Moving on now.

If that's the best you can do I'm moving with you. SMH

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Moving on now.

Not a question of "best"or otherwise. You want to have a discussion, stick to the topic and don't try to make accusations about a double standard that was never exhibited.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Moving on now.

Not a question of "best"or otherwise. You want to have a discussion, stick to the topic and don't try to make accusations about a double standard that was never exhibited.

Round 19848329283746! Begin!

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Moving on now.

OK, on topic, answer my question,

DaMuleRules:
Quote:
to be fair, that pound of flesh was not an unreasonable request
Are you saying you think exacting a pound of flesh is OK?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject:

Can someone in here tell me if Amanda Knox is guilty?
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
OJ's case was decided October 3, 1995. The Kardashian's show first aired October 14, 2007. The public gave us the Kardashian's.

Correction. Ryan Seacrest gave us the Kardashians....that guy will burn in hell for that....

Seacrest introduced them, the public kept, is keeping, them alive. I think I've watched in total about 5 minutes of that show, if that much. How many minutes have you watched? Honestly!

Kim was supposedly worth around 48 million in 2oo7 compared to 150 million 2017. See, you're one of those responsible for their continued existence. Why was there a cord to cut? I watched very limited minutes of KUWTK. I saw women sitting on a couch talking about things that were of no interest to me. What's the fascination?
Its the lifestyle people are facscinated with. They do nothing and get a whole lot of money. THey say they are designers or store owners, but lets be serious, its mostly just in name and they collect everything.

Young people want that lifestyle. People want to be rich without putting in any real work. The only one that does any actual real work is Kendall. The rest just use their name and collect big checks. NOthign wrong with it, but thats the appeal.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Its the lifestyle people are facscinated with. They do nothing and get a whole lot of money. THey say they are designers or store owners, but lets be serious, its mostly just in name and they collect everything.

Young people want that lifestyle. People want to be rich without putting in any real work. The only one that does any actual real work is Kendall. The rest just use their name and collect big checks. NOthign wrong with it, but thats the appeal.

Yeah. Comes down to DON'T HATE THE PLAYA, LEARN THE GAME.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I SAID CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT AMANDA KNOX!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
I SAID CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT AMANDA KNOX!

Try asking here

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

CARRIED LIVE HLN 9:00AM 07/20/2017

What to expect from the O.J. Simpson parole hearing

LINK

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

I think there is a good chance he will be released. From what I understand he had to do a minimum of 9 years. He will be approaching 9 years. I heard he has been a model citizen in prison.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think there is a good chance he will be released. From what I understand he had to do a minimum of 9 years. He will be approaching 9 years. I heard he has been a model citizen in prison.

Do you think he SHOULD be paroled?

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

It's not for me to judge.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

Not asking for a judgement, asking for an opinion.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject:

The sentence was excessive, and was in retribution for him killing his ex and Ronald Goldman. That's not the way justice should be served.

I can't stand the guy, but it is time to let him out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
The sentence was excessive, and was in retribution for him killing his ex and Ronald Goldman. That's not the way justice should be served.

I can't stand the guy, but it is time to let him out.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:

Not asking for a judgement, asking for an opinion.

I honestly don't know and I won't have the time to watch the parole hearing today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Opinion on OJ parole

OJ is up for parole today. Do you think he should be paroled? I know there's a thread on his parole. I'm asking the opinion of LG.

I'm a advocate for the system. It's a manmade system thus flawed. IMO it made two mistakes mistakes relating to OJ.

I think he's done what the system asked. I'd hate to see mistake number three.

DISCUSS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: