Better Call Saul - Season 3 - Returns April 10th! (Hidden "Spoiler" Inside)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Cool things from this last episode:

Chuck's explanation for the power outage during the dinner flashback scene was interesting - transposed numbers in the address, which is the crux of the whole "scandal" that the hearing is about. Is this where Jimmy got the idea for altering the docs?

Interesting. I didn't pick up on that but the writers usually don't introduce a detail like that unless it's relevant later on.

DaMuleRules wrote:

I can't help but think there might be a bit more to the photos that Mike took. They spent a lot of time showing us the lantern on the newspaper. Perhaps there's more to that we have learned so far?

I was beginning to wonder if he was going to burn down Chuck's house in order to destroy any copies of the tape and then blame it on the lantern.

DaMuleRules wrote:

Loved the book ending of the bright red exit sign in the hearing room at start and then at the close of the show. What does the "Exit" symbolize, something to come? Perhaps regarding Chuck? hmmmmmmmmm.

No doubt. Breaking Bad was full of these types of meaningful camera shots and so is BCS. Just based on the promo for next week where the name "Saul Goodman" is mentioned for the first time, I took it to mean we're heading towards the exit of Jimmy McGill.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I rewatched the last scene from "Shenanigans" and couldn't help thinking of that Tom Cruise/Jack Nicholson scene from "A Few Good Men". Both Chuck and Col. Jessup were so smug until that moment when they realized they'd fallen into the trap and then they just lost it.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
saul goodman, you know, like s'all good, man

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Enter Saul Goodman. I can make you a TV a star at a price you can afford. Call me, Saul Goodman.

Looks like Nacho is going to be the one to put Hector in a wheelchair. He's going to spike Hectors medicine.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 am; edited 2 times in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

Last night also return of two major characters: Lydia and the meth lab. I wonder if we'll see return of Gale Boetticher or if they'll go deeper into Fring's business empire outside of Los Pollos Hermanos?

I couldn't help but notice how much weight the two actors who play Victor and Tyrus have put on since BB. Maybe they both got on the meth and lost all that weight by the time Walter White enters the story.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject:

I feel like the Chuck/Jimmy trial served an emotional high, and the last two episodes, while still good, haven't been up to the standard of the rest of the season. However, we're starting to see Jimmy's transformation - I suppose finally giving up on his brother may have been the catalyst. He's been trying to prove himself to his brother and now that this motivation is gone, all that may be left is Sal.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

The scene between Jimmy and the insurance agent furthered it -- it was unclear whether Jimmy was faking at the start, but by the end it was clear he was, and then he smiled as he walked out. He did it in order to screw his brother more.

At the same time, Kim continues to feel guilty about what they did to Chuck, to the point that it's affecting her work. This looks like it's shaping up to be a big wedge in Jimmy's & Kim's relationship. It also got a little wider when Jimmy was ready to con someone, and Kim made clear that she didn't want to actually go there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

I knew Jimmy was strapped for cash but couldn't believe he really thought he should get compensated for services not used.

When he started sniffling I didn't understand why. When he left the office with a smile on his face the reason dawned on me.

Don't write that down, don't write that down, was to assure it was written down. He's paying Chuck back for getting him suspended.

I wonder if Chuck is going to be suspended?

Coming closer and closer to becoming Saul.

Mike and Nacho working together on a plan to hurt Hector. If they put him in a wheelchair why did he go after Gus?

Agree LS, not as good as previous episodes but still above average. Episode started slow, ended leaving the viewer high on suspense.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Chuck's explanation for the power outage during the dinner flashback scene was interesting - transposed numbers in the address, which is the crux of the whole "scandal" that the hearing is about. Is this where Jimmy got the idea for altering the docs?

The way Chuck lied was almost identical to how Walt would lie to Skylar.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Some of Walt's lies were so ridiculous, I was cringing at the screen wanting to put the poor bastard out of his misery. And others were just damn brilliant.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

At the same time, Kim continues to feel guilty about what they did to Chuck, to the point that it's affecting her work. This looks like it's shaping up to be a big wedge in Jimmy's & Kim's relationship. It also got a little wider when Jimmy was ready to con someone, and Kim made clear that she didn't want to actually go there.

Yep, it felt like the end of Kim and Jimmy. I wonder what will happen to her. I hope she doesn't end up dead.

As LS said, the trial was the peak of the season thus far, and there have been times in the last couple episodes when I wasn't even watching. Hopefully it'll pick up. There are still unresolved questions surrounding how Chuck was working at his own house, handling sensitive documents, etc. That might bring down both Chuck and Howard and the whole firm. I'm assuming Chuck will die at the end of the season as Jimmy predicted.

Going back a couple episodes ago, we all knew that Saul Goodman was supposed to sound like "it's all good, man," but I wish they showed us the moment he came up with that name. They decided to show us only the aftermath.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Good call. They both told lies in the same, "it was the darndest thing" type way. Perhaps when creating Chuck they put some elements of Walt in him, which might explain why Saul go above and beyond for him like he did for Chuck. Both have brilliant minds, fits of jealousy, huge egos and will put their own desires in front of everyone else.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I feel like the Chuck/Jimmy trial served an emotional high, and the last two episodes, while still good, haven't been up to the standard of the rest of the season.

Personally, I disagree. As penultimately spectacular as the trial episode was, the following episodes are really blowing the story open.

Quote:
However, we're starting to see Jimmy's transformation - I suppose finally giving up on his brother may have been the catalyst. He's been trying to prove himself to his brother and now that this motivation is gone, all that may be left is Sal.

Not only that, but we are seeing the impetus for the divide between Kim and Jim. Jimmy's complete denial of how he tore down Chuck is in direct conflict with Kim's guilt over attacking a sick man. We got see the fascination wane in the scene where Jimmy and Kim are "pretending" to weigh potential marks for a con. Kim is playing around in fantasy land and then realizes that Jimmy is in full Saul mode. He actually wants to roll people out of vindictiveness. She's seeing what Saul Goodman is about and sees Jimmy McGill disappearing. Hopefully the breakup takes forever because I love Rhea Seehorn's acting. But Kim's disappearance from Jimmy's life is in the works.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
The scene between Jimmy and the insurance agent furthered it -- it was unclear whether Jimmy was faking at the start, but by the end it was clear he was, and then he smiled as he walked out. He did it in order to screw his brother more.

Yep. He went in for the kill. That was pure Jimmy from the streets. I think he knew going in he wasn't getting a refund, he was just setting up the naive low level lawyer angle even with his initial reference to it before he went to the office. As for his look when he left, I didn't really see it as a smile. It was more of a bitter realization of satisfying a goal that comes with some regret. I don't think we are going to see much more of that regret from Saul, even though Jimmy isn't entirely dead yet.

Quote:

I should have read further before I made my previous post. You sum it up very well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Walt and Chuck (and Jimmy) are brilliant manipulators. Play right into the lie as if it IS as ridiculous as it sounds. That's why the irony of Chuck trying to be the pious and un-impeachable one works so well. It's clear that Chuck is as contemptible as he finds Jimmy, but Chuck is oblivious to that because he has spent so much time hiding behind the "integrity" of the law.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
there have been times in the last couple episodes when I wasn't even watching. .

That's unfortunate. To me there wasn't a wasted frame in this last episode. The opening scene where Jimmy was doing his Community Service was a perfect example of subtle. Lots to be had from a scene that appears to not do or say much.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Sure, we can analyze the heck out of every scene, every frame, every sentence and we can look for clues, overt and subtle. I'm afraid that just like die-hard fans of a band love every little note that band releases, I think many have worshiped aspects of this show that aren't even worth it. Just because it features the same team that created BB and even features some of the characters from that show, it doesn't mean that this show is somehow immune to criticism.

We've had a glorified family feud for almost three seasons and the writers have made the most of it. Most of the time, it's perfectly fine. But at times, it's too slow and there isn't enough material to support a 10 episode season. Some may like watching an old man figure out that he was being tracked by some gangsters for half an episode and consider it genius, I don't.

With that said, I love this show for the most part and will continue watching it. But even BB had mediocre episodes, scenes, and plot twists.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Sure, we can analyze the heck out of every scene, every frame, every sentence and we can look for clues, overt and subtle. I'm afraid that just like die-hard fans of a band love every little note that band releases, I think many have worshiped aspects of this show that aren't even worth it. Just because it features the same team that created BB and even features some of the characters from that show, it doesn't mean that this show is somehow immune to criticism.

We've had a glorified family feud for almost three seasons and the writers have made the most of it. Most of the time, it's perfectly fine. But at times, it's too slow and there isn't enough material to support a 10 episode season. Some may like watching an old man figure out that he was being tracked by some gangsters for half an episode and consider it genius, I don't.

With that said, I love this show for the most part and will continue watching it. But even BB had mediocre episodes, scenes, and plot twists.

I'm in no way saying everyone must revel in every moment and do nothing but praise it. My point was that it was unfortunate that you aren't enjoying it as much as myself (and NOT in a judgmental way at all).

I look for the subtleties and craftsmanship because they have been a trademark of franchise in both shows. Gilligan and crew have taken the time to put in clues and references and craft sequences that are great looking and brilliantly performed. It's enjoyable to try and follow the references. It's more about that than being an obsessive fan boy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I'm in no way saying everyone must revel in every moment and do nothing but praise it. My point was that it was unfortunate that you aren't enjoying it as much as myself (and NOT in a judgmental way at all).

I look for the subtleties and craftsmanship because they have been a trademark of franchise in both shows. Gilligan and crew have taken the time to put in clues and references and craft sequences that are great looking and brilliantly performed. It's enjoyable to try and follow the references. It's more about that than being an obsessive fan boy.

DMR your occupation allows you're more in tune with the making of scenes. The subtleties, exit signs and such are things the average viewer may not be interested in or look for. I like your references, I look for them when you make mention. I don't while watching the show. I don't involve myself in anything other then the plot.

You, LS and a few others break down the plot in a way that gives the show much more understanding. Make mention of color schemes, exit signs and like but please don't stop the plot breakdowns.

ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

New episode leaked
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
New episode leaked

Glorious episode. Big time BB vibe to this episode.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
ani007 wrote:
New episode leaked

The tension was so palpable in that scene with nacho
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
ani007 wrote:
New episode leaked

The tension was so palpable in that scene with nacho

I can't understand spanish. So when there were no subs during the spanish speaking scenes. I stopped watching. Gotta wait for the US release
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know why episode 8 was postponed? Will it be aired this coming Monday?

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anyone know why episode 8 was postponed? Will it be aired this coming Monday?

No and yes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 5 of 18
Jump to: