Report: Lakers actively seeking trade offers for Jordan Clarkson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://youtu.be/FiVduQL7QYU?t=17

Rubbing off... teach him how to fish Magic!
Won't be traded.

Didn't someone mention that these work outs Magic is involved with the young players has to bearing on who gets traded? I don't think this means anything.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:

Won't be traded.

Didn't someone mention that these work outs Magic is involved with the young players has to bearing on who gets traded? I don't think this means anything.

Of course it means nothing.
I'm saying get osmosis to transfer magic's vision to jc. Then he won't get traded.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:

Won't be traded.

I'm saying get osmosis to transfer magic's vision to jc. Then he won't get traded.

Not sure how I feel about Odom being there
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:

Won't be traded.

LO and JC looking to get in on a Kardashian double date? Hope not.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:

Won't be traded.

LO and JC looking to get in on a Kardashian double date? Hope not.

Is Bruce... I mean Caitlyn Jenner not warning enough
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

The issue with Clarkson and the impetus behind trading him is low bball IQ & inability to leverage his length to create defensive turnovers. With his size, he should be a much better defender than he is.

His 3Pt shot is decent, it needs to be improved. If he could fix those two things, we would value Clarkson much more than we currently do.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is a good player off the bench. He's athletic. He's explosive at times and his motor seems to always be on. Now, he's lost on D and he has tunnel vision with the rock in his hands. My desire to trade him is simply to shed either Deng or Mosgov. Ideally it's Mosgov because Deng still has some skills that can translate in a role. He didn't seem right all year in my eyes.
Trading JC and Mosgov to Chicago for Lopez and Rondo and cutting Rondo would make me happy. At least Lopez is serviceable and active.

Longtime LG lurker.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject:

Not a Clarkson fan at all. He works hard though but he doesn't have a clue on D and like everyone else has mentioned...he has tunnel vision on offense. When he's on, it works but we need constant ball movement under Luke or any coach for that matter. Iso basketball needs to go! Randle and his 10 dribbles into the paint and throwing up his "let it rain" clanks need to be fixed as well.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:

Won't be traded.

I know- Odom is back but Jerry West- Nah.

In what world is that ok?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Evidently Magic's world
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Mr. Untouchable‏
@LakeShow4Life_

How Come Jordan Clarkson Removed LA Lakers From his Bio? 🤔

https://twitter.com/LakeShow4Life_/status/872367229123297280
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/872790447403528198

I know no one takes Kyler seriously but if we can get the Bulls 16th pick and Rondo (waive or trade asset) then that would be a amazing 1st move by the new FO.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I know no one takes Kyler seriously but if we can get the Bulls 16th pick and Rondo (waive or trade asset) then that would be a amazing 1st move by the new FO.

They already made their 1st move Dooce
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

The 16th pick is good enough for me. PASS on Rondo (Salary matching though). Chicago might be high on Clarkson if they want this deal done.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm talking about a trade being a 1st by the new regime and if they get the Bulls 16th then I think we can work out a trade for PG13.

16/28 + fillers to Indiana for PG13, take it or leave it.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'm talking about a trade being a 1st by the new regime and if they get the Bulls 16th then I think we can work out a trade for PG13.

They already made their 1st trade Dooce
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

They already made their 1st trade Dooce

I know but this will be the first in the summer.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Technically they signed off on a Mitch trade, so I think the next will be their first.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought this link was going to be something about Kyler floating a trade a rumor. Instead it's just some random dude suggesting it and Kyler basically shooting it down. I should have known better considering who posted it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I thought this link was going to be something about Kyler floating a trade a rumor. Instead it's just some random dude suggesting it and Kyler basically shooting it down. I should have known better considering who posted it.

I bought it up cause getting the 16th pick would be a great move.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if anybody posted this elsewhere on another thread, but I came across an article in the Deseret News (a Salt Lake City publication) where the Jazz's offseason is discussed. The writer brings up a possible Derrick Favors for Clarkson trade, with us getting one of their draft picks as well. (Utah has the following selections in the draft: 24, 30, 42, and 55.) I'll post the Favors-Clarkson stuff below, with the link for the entire article below that...

Once viewed a Jazz cornerstone, the league seems to have evolved past Favors.

When Quin Snyder took over as head coach in 2014, Utah’s DNA changed. The Jazz have “gotten with the times,” so to speak, and no longer rely on big bruisers inside. The fundamentals of traditional Jazz basketball — defense and rebounding — are still intact, but the team has become more modern with an emphasis placed on spacing and versatility.

Favors can neither defend most power forwards (now called “stretch fours” for their ability to shoot threes) nor hit shots from the perimeter himself. With Favors and Gobert roaming inside the paint, the Jazz’s driving lanes become clogged, making life for their guards and Hayward more difficult.

Favors, coming off a season when he missed 32 games to injury, is entering the final season of his contract and recognizes the reality of the situation while desiring to build on what's been happening in Utah. "I know it's going to be a crazy offseason, but we've got a lot of good players here and I'm excited to be a part of it," he said at Jazz locker clean-out last month.

It’s unlikely the Jazz will want to commit $200-plus million to their front court, though, knowing that a number of their wing players are either free agents or due for extensions soon.

Teams will still have interest in Favors, especially those that could use him as a sixth man, like the Milwaukee Bucks did with Greg Monroe and the Oklahoma City Thunder with Enes Kanter. His scoring and rebounding can be valuable, and Favors can fortify a second unit and serve as a part-time starter when injuries occur.

Utah can package one or two of its four draft picks to make a package centered around Favors more enticing.

The Los Angeles Lakers own the second pick in this year’s draft and are reportedly looking to trade Jordan Clarkson to make room for Lonzo Ball, who’s projected to get picked at the spot.

Clarkson, 24, averaged 14.7 points on a career-high 44.5 percent shooting last season. The Jazz could theoretically send Favors and his expiring deal to the Lakers with one of their picks for Clarkson, as their salaries match and would fit into the league’s guidelines for acceptable deals.

In return, the Jazz would get a scoring guard under contract until 2020 and the Lakers would get a productive big man in Favors (along with salary cap relief next season) and an additional draft pick. This type of trade is conceivably one the Jazz could complete in the next few weeks.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681530/3-offseason-objectives-for-the-Jazz-that-dont-involve-Gordon-Hayward.html
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I don't know if anybody posted this elsewhere on another thread, but I came across an article in the Deseret News (a Salt Lake City publication) where the Jazz's offseason is discussed. The writer brings up a possible Derrick Favors for Clarkson trade, with us getting one of their draft picks as well. (Utah has the following selections in the draft: 24, 30, 42, and 55.) I'll post the Favors-Clarkson stuff below, with the link for the entire article below that...

When Quin Snyder took over as head coach in 2014, Utah’s DNA changed. The Jazz have “gotten with the times,” so to speak, and no longer rely on big bruisers inside. The fundamentals of traditional Jazz basketball — defense and rebounding — are still intact, but the team has become more modern with an emphasis placed on spacing and versatility.

Favors can neither defend most power forwards (now called “stretch fours” for their ability to shoot threes) nor hit shots from the perimeter himself. With Favors and Gobert roaming inside the paint, the Jazz’s driving lanes become clogged, making life for their guards and Hayward more difficult.

Favors, coming off a season when he missed 32 games to injury, is entering the final season of his contract and recognizes the reality of the situation while desiring to build on what's been happening in Utah. "I know it's going to be a crazy offseason, but we've got a lot of good players here and I'm excited to be a part of it," he said at Jazz locker clean-out last month.

It’s unlikely the Jazz will want to commit $200-plus million to their front court, though, knowing that a number of their wing players are either free agents or due for extensions soon.

Teams will still have interest in Favors, especially those that could use him as a sixth man, like the Milwaukee Bucks did with Greg Monroe and the Oklahoma City Thunder with Enes Kanter. His scoring and rebounding can be valuable, and Favors can fortify a second unit and serve as a part-time starter when injuries occur.

Utah can package one or two of its four draft picks to make a package centered around Favors more enticing.

The Los Angeles Lakers own the second pick in this year’s draft and are reportedly looking to trade Jordan Clarkson to make room for Lonzo Ball, who’s projected to get picked at the spot.

Clarkson, 24, averaged 14.7 points on a career-high 44.5 percent shooting last season. The Jazz could theoretically send Favors and his expiring deal to the Lakers with one of their picks for Clarkson, as their salaries match and would fit into the league’s guidelines for acceptable deals.

In return, the Jazz would get a scoring guard under contract until 2020 and the Lakers would get a productive big man in Favors (along with salary cap relief next season) and an additional draft pick. This type of trade is conceivably one the Jazz could complete in the next few weeks.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865681530/3-offseason-objectives-for-the-Jazz-that-dont-involve-Gordon-Hayward.html

Uh, Favors doesn't fit what Luke is trying to run either. There's no point for the Lakers to do that trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Uh, Favors doesn't fit what Luke is trying to run either. There's no point for the Lakers to do that trade.

There is a point, I just checked hoopshype and he only has 2 years remaining in his contract on a not so expensive contract.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

While I certainly agree with your first sentence, the point would be to pick up a pick, possibly #30, and shed salary next season. If the pick were 24 or 30 I would strongly consider it. We could even try to move Favors for anything we could get, maybe even a 2nd rounder to a team that's starved for bigs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28
Jump to: