nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
governator wrote:
Millennials... most educated generation ever, least $ income value in 3 generations

We're talking about millenials here right?

Do you bring anything of substance other than bashing liberalism and millenials?

do your feelings ever NOT get hurt?

Why do you think they're hurt? The only thing that hurts is your ignorance.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

The only times I ever go to a BWW is if there's some alumni watching event or a game is on a channel I didn't get (especially when I'm traveling or away from California).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
Used to go to BWW occasionally for happy hour and to catch a game, but their service at two locations spots near my house was some of the worst I have ever seen.

Too many other places that are cheaper and offer better quality for me to ever go back

Every BWW I have been to has been dirty, loud and overpriced.

Other than that, it is great!
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm 40 and my mom still cooks for me if i have a girlfriend or not. Hell, she cooks for my sisters as well. its how Mexican women do it for the most part. At least the ones i know.

I dont know about anyone else, but if i have a chance at say going out to eat or my moms Mexican eats, The choice is not hard to make. lol
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
governator wrote:
Millennials... most educated generation ever, least $ income value in 3 generations

We're talking about millenials here right?

Do you bring anything of substance other than bashing liberalism and millenials?

do your feelings ever NOT get hurt?

Why do you think they're hurt? The only thing that hurts is your ignorance.

Because of your response.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I think the problem is that social activity has changed. You used to get a bunch of people together and go do something fun. Now, people just bury their face in their phones and send each other likes and tags on social media.

I'm a shut in. So I don't really go out much to begin with. But when I do go out, I always feel like the place is dirty, people are loud and rude, servers are rude, the food sucks, and it's ridiculously expensive. Why spend 6 quid on a single beer when I can spend 10 and enjoy a whole six pack at home while I play vidya online?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Seems like Gen X'ers stay away from chain restaurants as well. But, aren't brands like Oscar Mayer having to change their offerings as well, because people know their processed food is garbage, just like these chains?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Maybe make better products?
agree. I don't really consider any of these as "dining" rather it's just settling.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
I think the problem is that social activity has changed. You used to get a bunch of people together and go do something fun. Now, people just bury their face in their phones and send each other likes and tags on social media.

I'm a shut in. So I don't really go out much to begin with. But when I do go out, I always feel like the place is dirty, people are loud and rude, servers are rude, the food sucks, and it's ridiculously expensive. Why spend 6 quid on a single beer when I can spend 10 and enjoy a whole six pack at home while I play vidya online?
sounds like social anxiety. I'm kind of the same way as well, i was a knucklehead wwhen i was younger th ough doing the wrong things, but as i grew up, i just wanted to be home. Now, all i do is kick it with my family and play games on my PC. Hell,, im 40 years old and PC gaming is my hobby. I love it, its fun its fairly inexpensive compared to other things.

Beside at my age most people "friends" are married with kids of their own as well and just do the family thing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:

What has you shut in Hammet?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Applebees, the dodo bird, and Buffalo Wild Wings

Name three things that didn't taste good and went extinct.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner?!

No thanks, it's frozen at both of those places.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:

Peopl still get together and do fun things, they just document it all. Hell that may be a reason for them to go out even more, they just go to trendier places than a bww or applebees which has little to any appeal.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Lots of anxiety/depression problems.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Keep your chin up, bro. I've been down those rabbit holes after deaths in the family. Most anyone can be surprised when they get hit by those beauties when life was going so well. When you have enough anxiety to score scripts for Ativan a la Chris Cornell, the thought of going outside is like the mental health version of a colonoscopy.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Our economy has been in transition for a while. Old institutions are being replaced by new ones. Taxis are being replaced by Uber, and hotels are being threatened by AirBNB. Maybe this is an opportunity for some entrepreneur to come up with a new idea for dining other than the traditional way of doing it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Keep your chin up, bro. I've been down those rabbit holes after deaths in the family. Most anyone can be surprised when they get hit by those beauties when life was going so well. When you have enough anxiety to score scripts for Ativan a la Chris Cornell, the thought of going outside is like the mental health version of a colonoscopy.

Pretty much my situation at the moment. Lot's of highs a couple months ago. A bunch of situational and emotional setbacks since - nothing going right at the moment. The stress, worry and dumps definitely make just staying in and chilling with family sound like the best thing to do if I don't have to go deal with the BS.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

I only go the BWWs if I'm dragged there by friends. I can grab a freezer bag of wings, throw them on my kamado grill frozen and all (later seasoning and glazing on a sauce i let caramelize on the grill) for a quick and easy weekday meal that would kick the snot out of anything BWW could make at a fraction of the cost.

If im really trying to impress I get some fresh high quality wings that I marinate and triple baste on the grill.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Our economy has been in transition for a while. Old institutions are being replaced by new ones. Taxis are being replaced by Uber, and hotels are being threatened by AirBNB. Maybe this is an opportunity for some entrepreneur to come up with a new idea for dining other than the traditional way of doing it.

Already happened. Food trucks!

Not just for construction workers and paisas anymore.

They have a food truck day in Burbank and also in Granada Hills. Tons of people and some really great food.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hammett wrote:

Pretty much my situation at the moment. Lot's of highs a couple months ago. A bunch of situational and emotional setbacks since - nothing going right at the moment. The stress, worry and dumps definitely make just staying in and chilling with family sound like the best thing to do if I don't have to go deal with the BS.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Hope you guys are doing okay as well.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject:

The Millenials are killing independent George...!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Hammett wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Hammett wrote:

A hug to both of you, and hope you find some comfort here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: