Klay Thompson

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clubced
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Klay Thompson

Lots of talk radio noise about Thompson's unhappiness being the 4th banana in Oakland. That he'd prefer to be somewhere else and take on a larger role... would the No. 2 pick, Clarkson and Mozgov (doesn't GS want to bulk up in the middle) work?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

It would for me and it might lengthen GS's window. I think he is gone as a FA if they don't deal him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

come home to papa...
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Maybe best to wait until he hits FA in 2019. Hopefully Lakers will have PG13 by then and a much more mature core. I think Klay has the talent to be a #1 or #2 option.

However, recruiting Klay or any other FA would have been made easier with the Logo, JW in the front office.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Maybe best to wait until he hits FA in 2019. Hopefully Lakers will have PG13 by then and a much more mature core. I think Klay has the talent to be a #1 or #2 option.

However, recruiting Klay or any other FA would have been made easier with the Logo, JW in the front office.

Waiting for FA to add a star is such a risky move. I know Laker fans don't want to hear it but we haven't been a FA destination for a long time. It will take a lot of winning to change that. FAs these days prefer winning over money.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Klay Thompson

clubced wrote:
Lots of talk radio noise about Thompson's unhappiness being the 4th banana in Oakland. That he'd prefer to be somewhere else and take on a larger role... would the No. 2 pick, Clarkson and Mozgov (doesn't GS want to bulk up in the middle) work?

I would be estatic to land Klay somehow. But, there's no chance that GSW accepts taking on Moz's contract when they have to figure how to spread the salary around just for their foundation plus guys like Iggy and Childress. If we gave them Clarkson plus a great pick and expiring filler they may at least give it genuine consideration. The problem with these things is that as soon as word gets out that they're remotely contemplating such a move, all of the suitors line up.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:

Waiting for FA to add a star is such a risky move. I know Laker fans don't want to hear it but we haven't been a FA destination for a long time. It will take a lot of winning to change that. FAs these days prefer winning over money.

Yeah but if he preferred to winning over money and fame, why leave the Warriors?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Klay's another star player who's worth it to sign in free agency but not at the price of giving up key assets.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Who would you rather have, Klay or PG13?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: