Breaking: Shooter at GOP baseball practice; Scalise & others shot, shooter dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
One of these days, I'd like them to explain what "tyrannical" means. Who decides that a government is tyrannical? An individual? A group? If yes, how big should the group be? Are all governmental employees guilty at that point? Can one kill as many people as one would like? ... Rand Paul needs to explain.

Rand Paul is a feaux Libertarian. Libertarians believe the Federal Government on its face is tyrannical. Of course, Mr. Paul is drawing the good gubmint check, that good gubmint healthcare, AND that good gubmint pension while simultaneously speaking on the evils of the gubmint. His daddy Ron Paul is a feaux Libertarian lifetime gubmint teet sucker too, but whatever...

hoops you needta quit. Once again you've made my day. Tuna on Ritz, lettuce and tomato salad, Roquefort dressing and of course a Heineken chaser. Didn't mess up anything this time.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ritz

(bleep) you're old
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz

(bleep) you're old
Unsalted whole wheat. Healthy, try it, you might like it. If you're lucky you may reach my coveted age unless a LG poster catches you in a dark ally.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz

(bleep) you're old
Unsalted whole wheat. Healthy, try it, you might like it. If you're lucky you may reach my coveted age unless a LG poster catches you in a dark ally.

Creamed chipped beef on Melba toast and a Pabst Blue Ribbon. Baked Alaska for dessert. Peanut brittle as an afternoon snack. Nothin better. Lest it's Beef Stroganoff and for dessert, a bundt shaped Jell-O mold with fruit cocktail. Krug beer for the adults and Mr. Pibb for the kids. A clove cigarette afterwards to settle the stomach.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Been staying out of off topic, but popped in to see the reaction to this event. Fits with any reasonable definition of terrorism. To me, this is McVeigh style terrorism.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

We should have a ban on sunblock since the terrorists in the US seem to be white skinned.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Listening to CNN. Republicans are concerned town hall meetings may turn violent due to the recent attack on government officials.

I can't say with any validity Trump's administration is responsible, I can only offer a opinion.

In view of recent events I lay much blame at the feet of the present administration.

Mueller's employment is in jeopardy. He's investigating Trump for obstruction of justice. Look for The Donald to fire him.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Why are they concerned about town hall meetings? The cowards haven't held any in a long time and duck the ones that are actually held.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ritz

(bleep) you're old

Creamed chipped beef
on Melba toast and a Pabst Blue Ribbon. Baked Alaska for dessert. Peanut brittle as an afternoon snack. Nothin better. Lest it's Beef Stroganoff and for dessert, a bundt shaped Jell-O mold with fruit cocktail. Krug beer for the adults and Mr. Pibb for the kids. A clove cigarette afterwards to settle the stomach.

Sounds like you're a ex navy man. I hated that stuff. Didn't get a lot while in port. When we were at sea, Oh Lawdy!!

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Listening to CNN. Republicans are concerned town hall meetings may turn violent due to the recent attack on government officials.

I can't say with any validity Trump's administration is responsible, I can only offer a opinion.

In view of recent events I lay much blame at the feet of the present administration.

Mueller's employment is in jeopardy. He's investigating Trump for obstruction of justice. Look for The Donald to fire him.

Oh so NOW Rethugs are worried about government officials being targets. It's all good when they're the bullies, when they're the ones stoking the flames, when they think they got all the hate and vitriol under control. Then a day like today happens... not such a friendly view from the other side of things.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Why are they concerned about town hall meetings? The cowards haven't held any in a long time and duck the ones that are actually held.

Republicans have to start looking not only at what Trump's doing their party but what he's doing to the country as a whole.

LINK

Rep. DeSantis: Shooting Suspect Asked if ‘Republicans or Democrats’ on Field

Quote:
The man approached him and Duncan in their car and asked who was playing, and Duncan responded that they were Republicans, DeSantis said.
The 2nd amendment people are showing up. Not the way Donald wanted them to though.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Irrelevant. Theyve been ducking the gatherings for a while. This would simply be giving them an excuse after the fact. #coward #sad
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Irrelevant. Theyve been ducking the gatherings for a while. This would simply be giving them an excuse after the fact. #coward #sad

I know. The ones who do show up catch hell.

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Golly! You do thing that screw your constituents and they get mad? Whodathunkit?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Not really shocked it has come to this. The political environment is pretty toxic on both sides.

I agree.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:
One of these days, I'd like them to explain what "tyrannical" means. Who decides that a government is tyrannical? An individual? A group? If yes, how big should the group be? Are all governmental employees guilty at that point? Can one kill as many people as one would like? ... Rand Paul needs to explain.

Rand Paul is a feaux Libertarian. Libertarians believe the Federal Government on its face is tyrannical. Of course, Mr. Paul is drawing the good gubmint check, that good gubmint healthcare, AND that good gubmint pension while simultaneously speaking on the evils of the gubmint. His daddy Ron Paul is a feaux Libertarian lifetime gubmint teet sucker too, but whatever...

hoops you needta quit. Once again you've made my day. Tuna on Ritz, lettuce and tomato salad, Roquefort dressing and of course a Heineken chaser. Didn't mess up anything this time.

Rand Paul was a MD for 18 Years and Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force. Both of them didn't need the government to hold their hand.

Tyrannical is exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way. The People of this country are the ones who decide if a government has become tyrannical and most people don't think our government will become tyrannical but that is the problem its not the icebergs that captains see coming that sink ships.

It wasn't the most classy thing Rand has ever twitted though Edit: didnt know rand posted this a year ago, so it doesnt affect his class

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:53 am; edited 3 times in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Own up to it Repubs.

Quote:
Senator Rand Paul‏ Verified account
@RandPaul
Follow

. @ Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

That was the original intent, geared to arm a militia. It's since been bastardized by gun enthusiast and the NRA.

As you were there in the room for the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, I'll trust you when you say that was the original intent.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Rand Paul was a MD for 18 Years and Ron Paul was a flight surgeon in the Air Force. Both of them didn't need the government to hold their hand.

Tyrannical is exercising power in a cruel or arbitrary way. The People of this country are the ones who decide if a government has become tyrannical and most people don't think our government will become tyrannical but that is the problem its not the icebergs that captains see coming that sink ships.

It wasn't the most classy thing Rand has ever twitted though Edit: didnt know rand posted this a year ago, so it doesnt affect his class

Just a small note regarding gov't holding hand, all doctors must go thru residency training which is a government subsidized medical training. I think just because you're rich, doesn't mean you don't get benefits from government. Might not be in the form of food stamp/subsidized housing but in other forms of hand holding. Maybe you meant that Rand Paul and Ron Paul are MD so they have higher income and pay more tax?

Last edited by governator on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Own up to it Repubs.

Quote:
Senator Rand Paul‏ Verified account
@RandPaul
Follow

. AT Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

That was the original intent, geared to arm a militia. It's since been bastardized by gun enthusiast and the NRA.

As you were there in the room for the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, I'll trust you when you say that was the original intent.

I was, she was holding me on her lap. Are you jealous?

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It's hard to ignore that language. Anyway, the militia argument has now been shot down by the Supreme Court. Correctly, in my opinion.

But this is a topic for a different thread.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

It's hard to ignore that language. Anyway, the militia argument has now been shot down by the Supreme Court. Correctly, in my opinion.

But this is a topic for a different thread.

Supreme Court aside. Personally do you think the 2nd amendment has been bastardized? Do you think the original intent was to arm a militia not to revert to the Wild Wild West?

EDIT: Do you agree with all SC decisions? I don't, I don't think you do either.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/14/congress-baseball-shooter-trump-hater/

-66 year-old white male
-Bernout
-was part of social media group "Terminate the Republicans"
-hated Trump and Hillary

This was a true terrorist attack.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/rachel-maddow-no-correspondence-from-gop-baseball-gunman-who-professed-admiration-for-her-show/
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Supreme Court aside. Personally do you think the 2nd amendment has been bastardized? Do you think the original intent was to arm a militia not to revert to the Wild Wild West?

EDIT: Do you agree with all SC decisions? I don't, I don't think you do either.

First question: Not yet. Second question: Neither. Third question: No, but I agree on this one.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

luckily this lunatic was a poor shot... 40+ bullets and nobody died except him
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
luckily this lunatic was a poor shot... 40+ bullets and nobody died except him

Yeah, I hate to say it but if he was a good marksman, with an semi-automatic rifle and element of initial surprise, he could have done a lot of damage firing at a field full of unsuspecting people. Two of the people he did hit suffered some serious injuries, if he had hit more...

I read he was behind a fence so never really got out on the field. So when people basically scattered and took cover he couldn't, or at least didn't, go hunting them down plus the security detail started returning fire. If he had gotten to the large group of people huddling in the dugout, that would have been horrific.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: