Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Max is one of the most well rounded and exciting fighters to watch. And he's still young and improving.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Not a good look for Dana and the UFC...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/5/15740106/ufc-mma-news-interview-statement-demetrious-johnson-dana-white-flyweight-division
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
HOlloway is so legit. He went the distance against Conor (his last lost) and he was green as can be back then. He's SOOOO much better now. Damn.

Don't get me wrong, max is a straight up killer, but let's not ignore the fact that Conor was fighting with a torn MCL that fight.

With that being said, a rematch between the two would be fireworks, but too bad Conor will never set foot in the 145 division ever again, and max has no intention of coming up.

I'm aware Conor tore his MCL in teh fight but Max was also something like 21 at the time. I think Conor wins regardless in the present but Max is a absolute dog.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/5/15740106/ufc-mma-news-interview-statement-demetrious-johnson-dana-white-flyweight-division

Mighty is going to do everything possible to not risk his chance to break Silva's consecutive title defense record. He's single minded about that. And I can't say I blame him but a fight against TJ gives him PPV dollars and a huge chance to shock the world because I don't think he's anything but a significant underdog in that match up.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:

The featherweights don't draw... Sadly, there aren't a lot of really exciting fighters and the division lacks intensity.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Holy crap.

It's on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2638990-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-aug-26-mgm-grand-fight-reportedly-official
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Some dope fights coming up!!

Woodley vs Maia

Wonderboy vs Masvidal

Jones vs DC (if it happens lol)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Here's Ronda's last opponent she beat facing Holly Holm who by the way is on a 3 fight losing streak.

https://oddshot.tv/s/2am9W5

Trash. There are literally a half dozen chicks at my gym that work out at the same time as me that exhibit more athleticism. That's just within that 1-2 hour span I'm there. Disgraceful that Ronda Correia sold over 1M ppv's.

In retrospect (not really to some, it was clear as day), Ronda vs Correia was a televised bum fight...ahem. I swaer if Ronda comes back and I STILL get cats go "b-b-but she should have clinched"....jesus F H some of y'all. Every time I hear that phrase I hear it in a Dilbert type voice. I pretty muchcan't take it at this point .

Last edited by jonnybravo on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Woodley vs Maia

Wonderboy vs Masvidal

UFC 213 is low key STACKED! I could care less about the main event but the rest of the card is about 5 fights deep with good matchups.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Aaron Pico got rocked in his first fight....I remember seeing him here on the local FOX station promoting the fight. Supposedly he was hyped in MMA circles.
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19683516/is-aaron-pico-greatest-prospect-mma-history

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717796-bellator-nyc-results-zach-freeman-stuns-aaron-pico-with-24-second-submission
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Here's Ronda's last opponent she beat facing Holly Holm who by the way is on a 3 fight losing streak.

Trash. There are literally a half dozen chicks at my gym that work out at the same time as me that exhibit more athleticism. That's just within that 1-2 hour span I'm there. Disgraceful that Ronda Correia sold over 1M ppv's.

In retrospect (not really to some, it was clear as day), Ronda vs Correia was a televised bum fight...ahem. I swaer if Ronda comes back and I STILL get cats go "b-b-but she should have clinched"....jesus F H some of y'all. Every time I hear that phrase I hear it in a Dilbert type voice. I pretty muchcan't take it at this point .

JB, you called this way back when. The division, still in its infancy and expanding so quickly with the sole intent of hyping up Rousey led to a former Brazilian pencil pusher-just-turned-MMA-fighter to quickly shooting up the ranks to fight the preeminent woman's world champ. Everyone was abuzz that Ronda had finally KO'd someone. You came in and compared the deposed challenger's athleticism to that of a JV badminton player and boy were you being a little kind in hindsight.

On the other hand, it's good to see that the level of competition is slowly ebbing upward because apart from tennis, women's sports are in bad need of the type of booster shot that the MMA platform can provide
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

JB, you called this way back when. The division, still in its infancy and expanding so quickly with the sole intent of hyping up Rousey led to a former Brazilian pencil pusher-just-turned-MMA-fighter to quickly shooting up the ranks to fight the preeminent woman's world champ. Everyone was abuzz that Ronda had finally KO'd someone. You came in and compared the deposed challenger's athleticism to that of a JV badminton player and boy were you being a little kind in hindsight.

On the other hand, it's good to see that the level of competition is slowly ebbing upward because apart from tennis, women's sports are in bad need of the type of booster shot that the MMA platform can provide

It's really tough though. How many girls want to get hit in the face for a living? They're few and far between to begin with so to hope that one of them also brings skill and athleticism...that's going to be rough. Heck, I LOVE Holly Holm..she seems like a really sincere, down to earth chick and they hype her striking. Honestly, her lateral movement is like a soccer mom but they have to pump her up. I'll grant her question mark kick was legit. I'd take 34 year old Serena Williams with 1 year of training over any girl in MMA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

Woodley vs Maia

Wonderboy vs Masvidal

UFC 213 is low key STACKED! I could care less about the main event but the rest of the card is about 5 fights deep with good matchups.

It really is!! What did y'all think about Bellator last night? Crazy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe Kish pooped during the fight. Ew, it was on the canvas floor and the ref stepped in it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Can't believe Kish pooped during the fight. Ew, it was on the canvas floor and the ref stepped in it.

Read an article about that...my favorite quote:

Quote:

UFC staffers did their best to clean up the mess, but the stains were prominent throughout the rest of the broadcast. Later on in the night, former welterweight champ Johny Hendricks got beaten into a TKO loss right in the brown zone.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Why is BJ Penn still fighting? He retired, then came back, and he keeps getting fights despite not winning in 7 years. He should've just stayed retired and enjoy his health. The ironic thing is at featherweight he has physically looked his best in years.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

just scrambled to reddit after I saw this.. wow she really poopeded, like a lot... sucks
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

It's really tough though. How many girls want to get hit in the face for a living? They're few and far between to begin with so to hope that one of them also brings skill and athleticism...that's going to be rough. Heck, I LOVE Holly Holm..she seems like a really sincere, down to earth chick and they hype her striking. Honestly, her lateral movement is like a soccer mom but they have to pump her up. I'll grant her question mark kick was legit. I'd take 34 year old Serena Williams with 1 year of training over any girl in MMA.

That kick that dazed beth wasn't even a direct hit but more of a glance.

Athleticism of a middle school badminton player....lol

As a badminton player myself I can just picture this perfectly. Not just ronda but a lot of the women's division is a lot slower than I was my junior and senior year of HS.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Why is BJ Penn still fighting? He retired, then came back, and he keeps getting fights despite not winning in 7 years. He should've just stayed retired and enjoy his health. The ironic thing is at featherweight he has physically looked his best in years.

The classic fighter who just can't walk away. He gets fights because he's a Legend who always took on anyone they threw at him.

Probably my favourite UFC fighter of all time. Just sad to see him as a shell of his former self.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

That kick that dazed beth wasn't even a direct hit but more of a glance.

Athleticism of a middle school badminton player....lol

As a badminton player myself I can just picture this perfectly. Not just ronda but a lot of the women's division is a lot slower than I was my junior and senior year of HS.
Looks like a pretty solid kick to me. Looked liked it hurt.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:

just scrambled to reddit after I saw this.. wow she really poopeded, like a lot... sucks

Yeah, literally got (bleep) choked out of her lol.

There was another fight where some dude dropped a road apple in the center of the ring.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I had to look up the poop thing, and now I wish I didn't :sick:
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Conor says he will fight Khabib in Russia after Floyd.

If this materializes, El Cucuy just got screwed
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBv1Jk8qF8

Wow in Russia too. Say what you want about Conor but that dude has stones. I personally never thought he'd fight Khabib. Khabib is literally the worse matchup for him. Chad was able to get a hold of Conor. If Khabib does...it's game over. Hope Conor wins. That's going to be freaking EPIC in Russia. Khabib has 2.4M instagram followers. Dude is huge over there.

(bleep) Conor man...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtBv1Jk8qF8

Wow in Russia too. Say what you want about Conor but that dude has stones. I personally never thought he'd fight Khabib. Khabib is literally the worse matchup for him. Chad was able to get a hold of Conor. If Khabib does...it's game over. Hope Conor wins. That's going to be freaking EPIC in Russia. Khabib has 2.4M instagram followers. Dude is huge over there.

(bleep) Conor man...

yeah JB if that happens I'm buying forsure!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 409 of 499
Jump to: