Any news on Lakers trading down in draft?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Any news on Lakers trading down in draft?

There seems to be a lot of news saying Lakers aren't sold on any specific player in the draft. Is there any news on Lakers trading down to 3 (Sixers), 4 (Suns), or 5 (Kings) for the 2nd pick? This would help them pick up additional assets as well.

Edit: Here's an article from Lakers Nation that came out today.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-draft-rumors-l-a-considering-trading-down-to-no-4/2017/06/15/

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

Check this out: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-trade-down-lakers-suns-8d14f522df02
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

I don't see how trading down makes any sense or would make them better off. What kind of solution is that?
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

If they didn't see anyone at 2 being some exceptional pick and felt 2-10 were all pretty close in terms of talent level I could see them trying to grab 5 and 10.

I don't think it's likely but depending on what the Lakers see it's not crazy talk
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

Not going to happen.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Might be something about it in here.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

Yes there has been a lot of talk lately of trading the #28 for #29
cyrus_the_virus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

No way the Lakers are trading down from 2. Jeannie and Time Warner are locked into Ball at 2. Magic will not have the final decision on this pick.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Check this out: https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft-trade-down-lakers-suns-8d14f522df02

I like the idea of shedding Deng's contract, but at the end of the day, it's not worth it trying to be cute in the draft. If the person you want is there, take them!
kobeslaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

I'll only do it for sending Deng and Mozgov out, maybe #2 for #5, Skal Labissiere and WCS.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
I don't see how trading down makes any sense or would make them better off. What kind of solution is that?

If they want Fox or someone that would go #3, #4 or #5 anyways they can trade down, get another asset back in return and save a million in cap space.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

I like the idea of shedding Deng's contract, but at the end of the day, it's not worth it trying to be cute in the draft. If the person you want is there, take them!

I'm personally not in the draft Ball at all costs camp, so definitely enamored with the idea of trading down and shedding Deng if the Lakers feel they can still get their guy (e.g. In this hypothetical, Jackson at 4)
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

it only makes sense if the Lakers have some insight on a player who they truly believe would be better than who they can draft at #2. I definitely dont have the confidence yet in our FO trying to do a move like that
allNet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

I'd rather trade into next year's draft than trade down in this year's.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I've heard about some good possibilities, but I can't tell anyone for about a week.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why everyone is saying they don't like Deng and #2 for #4. Realize if the Lakers are doing it, it's because their scouting and grading is telling them #2 and #4 are not really a huge difference. Frankly it likely means their choice for #2 will be there at #4.

I'd love the deal personally. It makes getting to a two max cap next off season very easy. Plus I still wouldn't be surprised though the posting of the idea has died on this forum if a Mozgov/Clarkson/#28 deal for Lopez was done.

The Lakers could leave the draft with Josh Jackson or Fox, plus clearing nearly 60 mil in extra cap for next off season? Where do I sign off?

That's Paul George and Lebron
Or That's PG and Cousins.
Or even keeping Lopez (for a lesser contract), plus Lebron, and PG

DLO
Ingram
PG
Lebron
Lopez

Randle
Nance
Josh Jackson/Fox

where do I sign up?

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Not sure why everyone is saying they don't like Deng and #2 for #4. Realize if the Lakers are doing it, it's because their scouting and grading is telling them #2 and #4 are not really a huge difference. Frankly it likely means their choice for #2 will be there at #4.

I'd love the deal personally. It makes getting to a two max cap next off season very easy. Plus I still wouldn't be surprised though the posting of the idea has died on this forum if a Mozgov/Clarkson/#28 deal for Lopez was done.

The Lakers could leave the draft with Josh Jackson or Fox, plus clearing nearly 60 mil in extra cap for next off season? Where do I sign off?

DLO
Ingram
PG
Lebron
Lopez

Randle
Nance
Josh Jackson/Fox

where do I sign up?

Getting the cap space would end up being the easy part, convincing George and Lebron to come here would be much more difficult.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

DLO
Ingram
PG
Lebron
Lopez

Randle
Nance
Josh Jackson/Fox

where do I sign up?

Getting the cap space would end up being the easy part, convincing George and Lebron to come here would be much more difficult.

It sounds like both don't need much convincing... If George doesn't qualify for the $200 million dollar deal.. it already sounds like he is a Laker.

Then the media is already saying Lebron is thinking of leaving Cleveland. That doesn't seem crazy. Also Cousins isn't a crazy thought either... I mean he he really going to want to be in New Orleans? Doubt it.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

A crystal ball would be useful right about now. For example, if you know that Fox is going to be a better pro than Ball anyway, and Phoenix would love to match up Ball with Booker. Then it would be awesome to make them eat Mozgov or Deng's contract to switch places with us. But again, that's only if I had a crystal ball that said Fox is going to leave Ball in the dust in the NBA.

Or maybe a crystal ball is not necessary. Is there anybody here confident enough in Fox's game to switch places with Phoenix if they would eat Moz or Deng's contract? In this hypothetical, of course we're assuming they're giving us back expiring ks.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I like how people are penciling in Lebron on all of their laker rosters now. Too funny.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

DLO
Ingram
PG
Lebron
Lopez

Randle
Nance
Josh Jackson/Fox

where do I sign up?

It sounds like both don't need much convincing... If George doesn't qualify for the $200 million dollar deal.. it already sounds like he is a Laker.

Then the media is already saying Lebron is thinking of leaving Cleveland. That doesn't seem crazy. Also Cousins isn't a crazy thought either... I mean he he really going to want to be in New Orleans? Doubt it.

Out of those 3 Cousins is the one who might come here. Don't get snowed by the stuff that PG13's agent is putting out there, if he leaves Indy it will be for a winner. He has said that himself.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

This article is non-sequitur. It talks about bringing in a forward instead of a guard so that we can make room for Lebron and PG13. Which means we have a ton of forwards.

Ingram, Randle, Nance, Jackson, Lebron and PG13. Not to mention Zubacs.

Don't see it happening this way at all.

IF we do end out getting Lebron and PG13, then it would be better to bring in Ball and keep Ingram and one of the other forwards. That gives us a fair rotation at the forward spots and some reasonable guard rotations as well.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

This is possibly the deepest and best draft in NBA history so I would have no problem if Lakers traded down and got 2 first rounders in return. Kings' 5th and 10th picks for 2nd is a deal I would 100% make. Who knows, maybe Lonzo is still there thanks to Lavar's mouth. Pick up Lauri Markkanen, TJ Leaf or Jarret Allen with the 10th also. And we still got the 28th pick.

Having said that, if they keep it and draft Ball, I'd be fine with that also.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

DLO
Ingram
PG
Lebron
Lopez

Randle
Nance
Josh Jackson/Fox

where do I sign up?

why stop there? Curry will be a FA soon we should sign him too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: