LeBron: "I don't believe I've played for a superteam"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

OMG this man is fricking DELUSIONAL. You siphoned what little talent there was in the Eastern Conference and formed a super team.

3 of the top 5 draft picks in the SAME DRAFT on the SAME TEAM is a SUPER TEAM, BronBron.

KD said, 'Eff forming a super team, I'll just go join one.' Why not...BronBron used his FA to stack the deck in his favor to get a ring, why shouldn't KD or any other player??

So because Durant matched your jack and raised you an ace, you're mad?? FOH, BronBron. Such a bad loser.

Last edited by hoopschick29 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

If LeBron was Cleveland's GM, I bet he would trade himself to Golden State.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
OMG this man is fricking DELUSIONAL. You siphoned what little talent there was in the Eastern Conference and formed a super team.

3 of the top 5 draft picks in the SAME DRAFT on the SAME TEAM is a SUPER TEAM, BronBron.

KD said, 'Eff forming a super team, I'll just go join one.' Why not...BronBron used his FA to stack the deck in his favor to get a ring, why shouldn't KD or any other player??

So because Durant matched your jack and raised you an ace, you're mad?? FOH, BronBron. Such a bad loser.

And Durant actually addressed this topic appropriately, but not denying that they are a Super Team, but highlighting that it took a big game by Iggy and other guys for them to win.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Oh shut up Lebron.

You formed a super team twice in your career.

But because of your play style and Wade's, Bosh didn't play like some monster superstar. He was regulated to being a role player.

Love still averaged 19/11/2 in the regular season. All Lebron wants is him shooting 3s. That isn't Love's fault. Cleveland doesn't use him right.

Either way, however you slice it, he's been on 2 super teams.

He's just trying to point the finger at Durant saying, "Look guys, he's on a super team. He needed help. I didn't"

Shut the bleep up.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Funny how people say lebron makes teammates better but when all stars join him those players suddenly supposedly suck
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

Yeah, it's the media bias. Kobe was credited with part of the reason why Dwight stunk here.

If Kobe played with Love and Bosh, and they didn't play up to par, Kobe would get blamed by the media

But Love has been slightly disappointing and Bosh struggled in the system too, but that isn't Lebron's fault.

All media bias.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

Is there a TL;DR of what he said?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
I don't really consider his teams "superteams", like if they were superhero teams, his teams have been Batman, with Robin and Batgirl. Golden state though is more like the Avengers.

DC vs Marvel now. Come on brah.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Funny how people say lebron makes teammates better but when all stars join him those players suddenly supposedly suck
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

nobody has had the benefit of such teammates as lebron, especially considering goat-level players. and add to the fact that he was the orchestrater of the formation puts him in a category of his own. any other of the greats considered on his level would probably have achieved far more in similar situations, but you cant compare because what hes done is literally unprecedented. durant is maybe the first example of what would happen if lebron was actually as good as he claims.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

this is exactly how i feel.

Pick a narrative and stick with it people.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

yea this is an oft overlooked point. all these great guys (for you stat heads), their stats go down when they join him (and his go up of course). Yet a guy like kobe, who supposedly is selfish and doesnt make people better or only did later in his career...during those bad years, all those bad players had their best numbers playing with him.

kyrie is a phenomally gifted player, probably should have the hype of curry or similar. but he wont because his hype and accolades will be mostly attributed to lebron. Kyrie gets a simple pass from lebron, proceeds to juke the living hell out of the entire defense, makes an impossible layup among the warriors bigs, and the announcers go off about how genius lebron's pass was.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

this is exactly how i feel.

Pick a narrative and stick with it people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
And some people still wonder why he gets so much hate. What a ridiculous statement. He's a (bleep).

PREACH!

nevitt_smrek wrote:

Deep down, LBJ wants to be on the move. But knows it would be PR suicide.

Would it at this point?

I mean he's won 3 rings and one of them in Cleveland of all places so he already delivered.

He's also at the second half of his career plus its kosher.

I think if he doesn't host another decision special it won't matter as much as people think it will PR wise.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's biggest problem is everyone that comes to play with him has to play Lebron ball. That cant be easy.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

LeBron has a future in politics.

!...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

what a complete joke.
His "decision" spawned the concept of the superteam.
Also something that I dont see anyone mentioning but the NBA finals when Durant's Thunder faced that Miami super team has many parallels with this finals.
Durant played extremely well but the overwhelming talent on that Heat team ended the series 4-1. I have no doubt Lebron's shameless forming of the Miami super team and how they destroyed the Thunder is one of Durant's biggest influences on decided to bolt to the Warriors for his own super team.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
what a complete joke.
His "decision" spawned the concept of the superteam.
Also something that I dont see anyone mentioning but the NBA finals when Durant's Thunder faced that Miami super team has many parallels with this finals.
Durant played extremely well but the overwhelming talent on that Heat team ended the series 4-1. I have no doubt Lebron's shameless forming of the Miami super team and how they destroyed the Thunder is one of Durant's biggest influences on decided to bolt to the Warriors for his own super team.

And if people are really against the concept of 'super teams,' what LeBron did was waaayyyy worse than Durant. The Eastern Conference has been lacking for talent and depth of rosters for many years. You had 3 franchise players in one already thin conference converge onto one team. Durant left one team and went to another team, a better one. I would think anyone who would leave their team would only do it for a better situation. And the West survived. They are still deep, still competitive. The East...well Lebron's only played about a baker's dozen worth of 50-win teams in the playoffs so what does that tell you.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe Lebron knows what the word superteam means.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Is this true? I thought Wade had fantastic numbers with Lebron. And I would think that the Cleveland role player numbers have improved since Lebron has been there.

I could see Kyrie and KLove numbers dropping with Lebron. But that's in part because they have better numbers being the #1 option.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

The Heat were a super team, the Cavs were not.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Whaaat. Theres a thread for this. Nice.

Draymond and the Warriors clowned him hard on the parade today on this topic. "You started the superteam bruh" He is right, Ws are built organically mostly.

Cavs had 8 lottery picks. Eight! Two #1 picks. Another #1 pick traded for Love. You hop superteams to superteams once you usurped the previous one. This dude...
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Heat were a super team, the Cavs were not.

I agreed with this. But he doesn't even feel that super teams exist. Ergo, he has never played on one.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't blame KD as much as others do specifically because LeBron's first superteam cost KD his first ring.

KD and the Thunder had to take their lumps from the more established Western powers before finally breaking through in 2012, only to be defeated by a group of HOFers from three different teams that all joined forces on one, just a year earlier. All that work climbing the ranks just to lose to superteam full of rentals. It must've really angered him, and rightly so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: