Who do you take if Jackson goes #1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If Jackson Goes #1, who do you take?
Fultz
62%
 62%  [ 93 ]
Ball
36%
 36%  [ 54 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 149

farzadkavari
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

I would say Draft Ball, he seems more of a safe pick and you know it will workout with our current core. Fultz comparassion on nbadraft.net is to Deangelo Russell/Harden. We already have scoring guards. We need a pass first PG.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I've been focusing on Ball because he's likely to be drafted by the Lakers, and I LOVE everything I've seen from him. I haven't really done much research on Fultz, but I can't imagine him being better for our team than Ball.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

If your goal is to be a championship contender and you are looking at an individual piece that can elevate you to that level, the answer is 100% Fultz.

If you want a player that will make you better sooner, but team success has a ceiling until you add an elite scorer, go with Ball.

I think Fultz and Dlo would be a great backcourt.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a no brainer to take Fultz if he's available. Fultz is the clear #1 and would give us a backcourt similar to Portland.

Add PG13, and you get:
Fultz
DLO
PG13
Randle
Zubac

Bring BI off the bench as the 6th man with Clarkson if he's still around. This starting lineup gives us great floor spacing, which allows Zubac and Randle to work inside. Fultz and PG13 can also get into the paint through PnR and/or cuts to the basket with DLO lighting it up from 3 when the D sags to help in the paint.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Fultz easily. He is the PG equivalent of Karl-Anthony Towns. He has zero weaknesses.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

If Boston stays at 1 and takes Jackson, take Fultz and run away
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

farzadkavari wrote:
I would say Draft Ball, he seems more of a safe pick and you know it will workout with our current core. Fultz comparassion on nbadraft.net is to Deangelo Russell/Harden. We already have scoring guards. We need a pass first PG.

Do you think Curry is a pass first PG?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Easy question

Questions are EASY,

ANSWERS are harder...
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

or do you trade down for Philly's #3, Lakers 2018, Philly's 2019?

Sounds like the going value for Fultz.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
I will say tho, Ball is the better fit with the roster. If we get fultz, we should trade russel

That's how I feel. They are the same player but Fultz is better IMO. Lonzo's vision is what this roster needs and Lonzo can shoot.

Better than a player who has two years under their belt? I don't think so
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
rancar wrote:
I voted Ball because Fultz reminds me so damn much of Dlo..

And Ball doesn't? Not overly athletic, can't get to the rim, can't draw fouls.
can't get to the rim? LOL> how's about he's not trying to do that because he's not like these new age shorter shooting guards that are fake point guards due to their shortness for the real SG position.

ball is a tall PG. he's not here to score alot of points. he can drive and kick with the best of em. we've seen him do that too. but if you're smart enough and tall enough. you dont have to spend all of your time trying to speed into the paint to mess with the defense. the exact same passing and setting guys up in college can be done again in the nba.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

or do you trade down for Philly's #3, Lakers 2018, Philly's 2019?

Sounds like the going value for Fultz.

Don't think it's worth that much but I like the idea of trading down for more assets and still getting Lonzo.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

do you think futlz is curry? I dont. curry is that kind of small guy scorer because he can shoot the 3 better than...anyone ever? fultz can score from all over the place. but will he be a curry level shooter? NO.

curry also won a lot more games in college than Fultz. so there goes that comparison.

can you win it all with a pass first pg that can shoot well? yes. assuming the other pieces are legit.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Pick either and trade DLO to Philly for 3 and then take the other.
New backcourt of Ball and Fultz would be epic.
Fultz would score out of the gate. Would not take as long to get up to speed as it took DLO. Still looking at a playoff run in a couple of years with the right free agent(s).

Nothing like several steps backwards. Until the next SNT, when you want to dump Ball and Fultz.

Yea I don't get fans wanting to push the reset Button
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

do you think futlz is curry? I dont. curry is that kind of small guy scorer because he can shoot the 3 better than...anyone ever? fultz can score from all over the place. but will he be a curry level shooter? NO.

curry also won a lot more games in college than Fultz. so there goes that comparison.

can you win it all with a pass first pg that can shoot well? yes. assuming the other pieces are legit.

Read it again and maybe you will get it right. The point is, our offense isn't built around a pass first PG, we need him to score. That is why Fultz would be the better fit.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I have this question in return. If Lonzo and Fultz traded squads this past season, would Washington have won fewer than 9 games? Would the Bruins have done better since Fultz is called the better player? Is there any reason to believe the affect they had on their college squad won't be the same basic affect they bring to a pro team?

Last edited by lakersboy on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

If 76ers get #1 they probably take ball
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
If 76ers get #1 they probably take ball

My fear.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
I have this question in return. If Lonzo and Fultz traded squads this past season, would Washington have won fewer than 9 games? Would the Bruins have done better since Fultz is called the better player? Is there any reason to believe the affect they had on their college squad won't be the same basic affect they bring to a pro team?

Both teams would have went undefeated and tied in the Title game.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The unconditional love for Ball is pretty ridiculous within Lakers Nation. I consider LG the smartest basketball forum in the NBA. My only knock is this strange love we have for hometown kids or people who have played a year or more of college ball in LA. For example:

Kevin Love - He only played a year of UCLA. He was poisonous in Minny. He padded his stats on a horrible team. Got upset when a teammate got the Max. Openly wanted out for a couple of years. Horrendous defender. Initially couldn't "fit in" playing with Lebron. Tweener.
Lakers fans: "Bring KLove, the Portland native, back home to LA!"

Demar DeRozan - ISO Player. No 3 point range. Max Money but doesn't quite move the needle.
Lakers fans - "Bring home DD!"

I can understand the argument why Ball is the clear choice over Jackson (even though I feel Jackson can be really good). But to say at this moment that Ball is the clear choice over Fultz is asinine.

For the sake of Lakers Nation, I hope we take Ball. The media surrounding him will be good for the Lakers brand. Fans will be happy and we won't have to hear a decade of Ball to LA rumors. And I hope he is the best pick in the draft and I hope he's a once in a generation player who makes this team immediately better. As of now, I don't know how good he will be, but I hope everyone is right about this guy and not just buying into the hype. But as for me personally, if Fultz is there, I'll take him.

Ball is the okafor of this draft, but it's fine. We will draft him and be happy about it
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

I love Lonzo, think he is a great kid with a ton of potential and I can't wait to see him in the PnG because to be frank I think everything thats been going on the last week is all just subterfuge to make it look less obvious he's our guy and everything else is just other teams doing their own similar thing.

However if for some reason the Celtics (or whomever) take anybody other than Fultz you take him and run. He's the consensus no.1 for a reason.

But tbh I've got to the point now where as long as it's Fultz or Ball I could give a (bleep) and that's been my stance even before it got crazy this week. It's a simple draft like the last one; Fultz/Ball, pick the one who is left at #2 and thank your lucky stars we got to even keep the pick. I think this draft is the biggest gamechanger out of all 4 lotteries we've been in.

Fultz or Ball are both capable of really changing this team. Not necessarily because I believe their individual talent will be instantly so helpful but because they will be added into a young mix that is finally maturing. DLo has shown improvement year to year, Jules is in a contract year and I think it'd be stupid to bet against him balling out, Brandon is a coin toss for me but for certain he's at least now got a year of experience in him and another offseason of work put in.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The unconditional love for Ball is pretty ridiculous within Lakers Nation. I consider LG the smartest basketball forum in the NBA. My only knock is this strange love we have for hometown kids or people who have played a year or more of college ball in LA. For example:

Kevin Love - He only played a year of UCLA. He was poisonous in Minny. He padded his stats on a horrible team. Got upset when a teammate got the Max. Openly wanted out for a couple of years. Horrendous defender. Initially couldn't "fit in" playing with Lebron. Tweener.
Lakers fans: "Bring KLove, the Portland native, back home to LA!"

Demar DeRozan - ISO Player. No 3 point range. Max Money but doesn't quite move the needle.
Lakers fans - "Bring home DD!"

I can understand the argument why Ball is the clear choice over Jackson (even though I feel Jackson can be really good). But to say at this moment that Ball is the clear choice over Fultz is asinine.

For the sake of Lakers Nation, I hope we take Ball. The media surrounding him will be good for the Lakers brand. Fans will be happy and we won't have to hear a decade of Ball to LA rumors. And I hope he is the best pick in the draft and I hope he's a once in a generation player who makes this team immediately better. As of now, I don't know how good he will be, but I hope everyone is right about this guy and not just buying into the hype. But as for me personally, if Fultz is there, I'll take him.

Ball is the okafor of this draft, but it's fine. We will draft him and be happy about it

Oh, I changed my tune. I want Ball now. Not because I have been enlightened by some great wisdom. It's because all these rumors and trade possibilities are giving me a headache! I have no clue what our Big Board looks like, and I can't control who trades for who, so I'm just gonna say... Lakers are gonna get that ball and then GET THAT BALL!

My tune will probably change 4 more times before the draft, but I'll be happy with whatever we do...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject:

Fultz. He has both a higher ceiling and a higher floor than Ball.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject:

I'm really impressed LG. I feel like prior to June, most here would have said Fultz over Ball, perhaps 90% of us. But to see 1/3 of us picking Ball is music to my ears.

All the film watching and advance stats digging have really helped us see the players in a different light. Kudos!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

Fultz. A guy can score and defend
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: