THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 427, 428, 429 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Oooooh...Pee tape this early?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Finally, truth in advertising for Wikileaks.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

I'd rather it be an audio tape of Trump offering a quid-pro-quo for Putin's help in the election.

I'm putting my crack pipe down now...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Give WaPo or NYT another hour. They go to press, digitally speaking, around 5 EST.

If twitter insider sources are accurate, it might be news that Bannon is also being investigated for obstruction of justice. tick tick tick

The tape drop is rumored to be within 36-48 hours.

I have no idea if these insiders will be right, but several have been right in the past. We'll see.

I forgot about the Dark Lord.
What tape drop, Trump has been taping conversations? Just a rumor I am sure but what is the rumor?

European intelligence allies reportedly have damning tapes of Trump (don't know if audio or video) and are contemplating making them public soon. People think the Rosenstein (i.e., Trump) "warning" about not relying on sources outside the U.S. was a preemptive strike because they know the tapes are coming. We'll see.

Yeah, that would fit with the "beware of sources from other countries" press release. Pee pee tape or worse? Could be interesting. Hope it comes in time for all the Sunday morning news shows.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject:

If there were tapes, I think they would have come out before the election. There were many countdowns by people like Rick Wilson about the bombshell to end all bombshells, and the pussytape was all we got, which was many years old.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Caveat: I don't know if this is true, but this is the theory:

These tapes supposedly weren't reported on until after the election. European intel didn't have any intention to leak directly to the public.

But after Trump pissed off our NATO allies, especially Germany, on his recent trip, they are rethinking things. I don't think these are the pee-tapes. They might be intelligence captures of Russian spies and Trump campaign people being swept up accidentally.

The general outline of the above (European intel capturing Russian/Trump convos) has been previously reported in Washington Post and NY Times.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

More puzzle pieces: CNN: House Russia investigators want to bring in Trump digital director

Quote:
House Russia investigators are planning to call on Brad Parscale, the digital director of President Donald Trump's campaign, as the congressional and federal probes dig into any possible connections between the Trump digital operation and Russian operatives, congressional sources said this week.

Quote:
Rick Wilson‏Verified account @TheRickWilson

A little bird tells me that a certain White House staff member whose name rhymes with Beeve Stannon is crapping diamonds over Parscale.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

How low can you go??
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/338092-trump-disapproval-hits-64-percent-in-ap-poll

Quote:
Sixty-four percent of respondents in the survey said that they don't like how the president is handling his office, while just over a third, 35 percent, approve of Trump.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:
A wedding planner who coordinated the big day for Donald Trump''s son Eric, has been selected to run the main federal housing programme in New York.

Lynne Patton is thought to have no experience in housing administration, but she will now be in charge of distributing billions of dollars of funding across the state area as head of the New York branch of the US Department of Housing.

Ms Patton has had close ties to the Trump family for the past eight years and previously arranged celebrity golf tournaments at the president’s various courses.

Every time I think it has gotten as weird as possible, he finds a way to take it further

A few relatively smart people in this forum used to chastise the majority of us who think Trump voters are gimps. Then he does something like this to prove us right.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

@encina1 How much longer can this farce of a circus keep going on? Hopefully not long. Trump throws the rope over the limb, spanks the horse, kicks violently and the limb breaks.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

ahh yes here is the emoticon I was looking for

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

If a president is found to be guilty of Treason while in office can he go to prison

(bleep).. Donald.. Teflon... Teflon Don.. wtf.. I will change the educational system so scum like him do not get elected to run my neighbors lives

He cannot be charged with crimes while in office?

What if impeached then who can bring treason charges

If tapes have HIM coordinating with Russians on how he will treat them if they help him win that THAT is treason.. is it not?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
SweetP wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Give WaPo or NYT another hour. They go to press, digitally speaking, around 5 EST.

If twitter insider sources are accurate, it might be news that Bannon is also being investigated for obstruction of justice. tick tick tick

The tape drop is rumored to be within 36-48 hours.

I have no idea if these insiders will be right, but several have been right in the past. We'll see.

I forgot about the Dark Lord.
What tape drop, Trump has been taping conversations? Just a rumor I am sure but what is the rumor?

European intelligence allies reportedly have damning tapes of Trump (don't know if audio or video) and are contemplating making them public soon. People think the Rosenstein (i.e., Trump) "warning" about not relying on sources outside the U.S. was a preemptive strike because they know the tapes are coming. We'll see.

I have to be honest, the kinds of rumors have been lingering for so long without even a remote hint of actual evidence that it's becoming pretty clear it's likely bull (bleep).

I hope I'm wrong, but these reports are becoming the equivelent of "my sister's best friend's cousin's gardener knows a guy whose barber heard someone talking in a bar . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Preet Bharara‏Verified account @PreetBharara

This is an extremely strong statement from Senator Feinstein, who is careful and measured. She does not lightly speak in this way

Quote:
Diane Feinstein: "The message the president is sending through his tweets is that he believes the rule of law doesn’t apply to him."

Feinstein has proven herself to be irrelevant in any meaningful effort to battle the madness. She is way too comfortable riding along on a system without term limits and I'm embarrassed that she represents my state. All talk and show and zero go.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Just started reading this piece. And the first couple paragraphs have me laughing.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/16/donald-trump-is-proving-too-stupid-to-be-president/amp/

Quote:

Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person.” Uh huh.

I’m starting to suspect that Donald Trump may not have been right when he said, “You know, I’m like a smart person.” The evidence continues to mount that he is far from smart — so far, in fact, that he may not be capable of carrying out his duties as president.

There is, for example, the story of how Trump met with the pastors of two major Presbyterian churches in New York. “I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” he bragged. When the pastors told Trump they weren’t evangelicals, he demanded to know, “What are you then?” They told him they were mainline Presbyterians. “But you’re all Christians?” he asked. Yes, they had to assure him, Presbyterians are Christians. The kicker: Trump himself is Presbyterian.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

Staffers say Trump is very angry, yelling at television sets in White House

LINK

Donald is becoming more and more unhinged.
Quote:
Staffers and associates of Trump's said he has become "increasingly angry over the investigation, yelling at television sets in the White House carrying coverage and insisting he is the target of a conspiracy," the Associated Press reported Friday.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Staffers say Trump is very angry, yelling at television sets in White House

LINK

Donald is becoming more and more unhinged.
Quote:
Staffers and associates of Trump's said he has become "increasingly angry over the investigation, yelling at television sets in the White House carrying coverage and insisting he is the target of a conspiracy," the Associated Press reported Friday.

Poor wittle fella
There there Mr Trump
You met a court house you cannot buy your way out of.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Forty Five Years Ago Today

In the early morning hours of June 17, 1972, a security guard noticed that someone had put tape over the latches on some of the doors in the Watergate complex in Washington, DC. He removed the tape and thought nothing of it. Later, he found that someone had re-taped the doors. This time, he called the police, who found five men burglarizing the offices of the DNC.

The shock waves from this resulted in the resignation of the President, sixty nine indictments, and forty eight convictions or guilty pleas. Many other people became famous or infamous. The scandal became part of our culture.

I write this not to make a political comment or to compare this to the current Trump turmoil. That's a discussion for the Political Thread, if you are so inclined. Instead, I write this because it occurred to me that a great many of you came of age after Watergate and probably don't know much more than whatever your history teacher said about it.

I recently read All the President's Men for the first time, though I saw the movie with Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman as Woodward and Bernstein long ago. If you want to know what it was all about, read the book. It's a fascinating study of investigative journalism. Woodward and Bernstein are unabashed in admitting their mistakes, but it is truly amazing to find out how many people in government were, and apparently still are, willing to talk to reporters about confidential stuff. There are other books about Watergate, of course, but the iconic book is still the story by Woodward and Bernstein.

It is commonplace today for people to cite Watergate as a case of the cover-up being worse than the crime. Well, the crime was a lot worse than just the break-in at the Watergate complex. The full extent of the things that Nixon's crew were doing has tended to get lost with the passage of time. In a very real way, this was the NSA surveillance scandal of its time, combined with illegal campaign contributions, more than one actual or planned break-in, and piles of hundred dollar bills flowing out of a safe at the Committee to Re-Elect the President for nefarious purposes.

Oh, and by the way, Deep Throat (who we now know to be Mark Felt, the deputy director of the FBI) never actually said "Follow the money." That was from the movie script by William Goldman (The Princess Bride, Butch Cassidy, and many others). He sure had a knack for a catchy line.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

There's a special on MSNBC tonight called "President's Men" about Watergate with Woodward and Bernstein. Also interviews with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford about making the movie All the President's Men. It's on at 9 pm EST and repeated again at 10 pm.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Here I thought you were going to talk about the OJ chase but that was 23 years ago
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Gordon Liddy was a dirty rat the type that actually thinks they're doing patriotic work. He would appear on Politically Incorrect back in them days. As typical as right wing dirty tricksters come. He's still alive. E. Howard Hunt. His wife died in a plane crash and they found 10K in hundreds in her purse. I'm sure she was accustomed to carrying that much in cash on her person. Nothing to see there.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
There's a special on MSNBC tonight called "President's Men" about Watergate with Woodward and Bernstein. Also interviews with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford about making the movie All the President's Men. It's on at 9 pm EST and repeated again at 10 pm.

I had to miss that. Hopefully, it will wind up online at some point. I saw that Robert Redford was narrating the program.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

Most Presidents have to deal with at least 1 disastrous event that is largely out of their control. Like Hurricane Katrina. Or the BP oil spill.
When that happens under Trump. It'll be interesting to see if I've been desensitized. With Trump, disaster is just a Tuesday.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Eight mass shootings happened in the US this week. You probably heard about just one of them.

Indeed mass shootings have become so commonplace in the US, it seems, that very few now attract nationwide media coverage. (The number of mass shootings in the US varies depending on the definition.) And of course, for every mass casualty event there are many more deaths and injuries caused by firearms that are not classified as mass shootings. According to the New York Times, if you average it out, 27 people are shot dead every day.

https://qz.com/1007184/eight-mass-shootings-happened-in-the-us-this-week-you-probably-heard-about-just-one-of-them/
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

FiveThirtyEight @FiveThirtyEight

Congress can't avoid the impeachment question if Mueller finds that Trump obstructed justice or Trump fires Mueller.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 427, 428, 429 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 428 of 3663
Jump to: