Ryan West - Laker's Director of Player Personnel may join Dad with Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
jeanie is the worst owner in the nba

Fail comment of the day. Be thankful none of these buffoons own the Lakers:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets

Jeannie is light years ahead of them. I have full confidence in her ability to lead the Lakers.

And the OKC owner who nickel and dimed his team and lost Harden.
Or The Cavs Dan Gilbert who is a slimeball.
Or Prokorhov the absentee owner who let Billy King assault his franchise.
Or the Minnesota, secret contract for Joe Smith, owner.
Or the petty crying Jordan of the Hornets.

I could probably list more losers here if I Googled the owners of other clubs.

The hate Jeanie gets on this board is absurd.

Well that's what happens when you don't have any good moves under your belt and you fail to make obvious ones like hiring Jerry West as a consultant.

Mitch was hated until he made the Gasol trade.

No good moves? Getting rid of Jim Buss is probably a Top 10 move in the NBA for the year. Bringing in Magic. Running an efficient business side of the house. Etc.

I agree not getting West was a mistake. But for me one that is likely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things (the hysteria on here the past day has been quite amusing).

Suddenly now she's the worst? Even though without any effort you see listed here 10 owners who are easily worse. Seriously -- of the 10 owners we've llisted here, would you take any of those instead?

Running the business side is irrelevant. Being succesful in one basketball area does not translate in another (see Phil).

Her other relevant basketball moves included "Stay Dwight" and the Lamarcus Aldrige twitter fiasco. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Replacing Jim is a good move only if it leads to better results not worse/the same. The jury is out on magic/pelinka but if not hiring west is an indication then it doesn't bode well for the future.

She deserves to be bashed for ignoring west especially since Jim was bashed for ignoring phil as coach. As long as she hasn't proven herself, I can see it's arguable on her being the worst owner in the league. As some have pointed out, the preception of our FO from other fans with terrible FO's is similar to our views.

So of the 10 listed, would you have any of them as your owner rather than Jeannie?

Any of the 10 since it can hardly get worse. You could debate with sac's owner though.

Wow, you really want to die on this hill don't you. Given that you would rather have Dolan, Prokhorov, etc. tells me all I need to know.

It tells you nothing because it isn't an option. None of them will own the Lakers. The Buss Family Trust does, and it is easy to see what has happened here since they became owners. Only Brooklyn and Philly have performed as poorly as we have, with similar negative press.

What it tells me is that the other poster is likely trolling since he/she would rather have definitive losers like Dolan, Prokhorov, Sarver, etc. He/she lost any credibility whatsoever to discuss this rationally.

As to the point you keep on trying to reiterate (I guess you think if you say it enough people will believe it) -- the worst years in Lakers history are a direct result of your buddies Jim and Mitch. It's been pretty well laid out that they (Jim and Mitch) kept a tight fence around basketball operations and were pretty much alone on that island -- no one to blame but themselves.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Okay then. Any of those other 9 then. happy now

But in the end that doesn't get us anywhere.

or maybe it does. maybe we finally get an owner that doesn't trash talk her own organization right before free agency every year

Look, she's definitely not at the level of a Paul Allen (philanthropist) or Peter Holt (Stability) or Cuban (Passionate Support). That wasn't my point. If you tallied up all the other owners, I'd say she'd probably be average -- right around 15th. What I find needs to be discussed is the needless hate that she gets, where hyperbole marks her as a horrible human being and worst this and that.

Just to add to the ten loser owners mentioned, here's some others:

- Magic's DeVos: Built empire on a pyramid scheme, actively funding campaigns to roll back civil rights for the LGBT community

- Bulls Reinsdorf: Dismantled a dynasty since he believed Management and not players won championships

- Detroit's Gores: Had an affair with his brother's wife!

- Pelican's Benson: His family makes the Buss' look like the Brady Bunch (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pelicans-and-saints-owner-tom-benson-says-family-members-tried-to-kill-him/)

Is she perfect? No. But I'd definitely have her instead of a homophobe, Fat Reinsdorf, the Manson family, people who make money off of the misery of others, and on and on.

As many have pointed out, stop moving goal posts since those things are irrelevant in what we're looking for in a basketball owner.

LOL. Suggest you look up what it means to 'move the goal posts' since you seem to have no comprehension how it related to the discussion.

So you bring up a complaint (character) that is irrelevant to the discussion and you admit is only shared by a minority of this board.

ROFL before suggesting others look up a word, do the same with "comprehension" since it seems that point has flown over your head.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
any guess when ryan will make the move? me thinks post draft. he learned from jeanine that loyalty means squat and to act quickly once things are in place.

This statement gives me the hyperbolic vibes of a child crying that ice cream is terrible and they never want to eat it again because the parlor happened to run out of their favorite flavor one day.

once?

i think jon black, jimbo, mitch, and the logo are going for frozen yogurt.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

or maybe it does. maybe we finally get an owner that doesn't trash talk her own organization right before free agency every year

Look, she's definitely not at the level of a Paul Allen (philanthropist) or Peter Holt (Stability) or Cuban (Passionate Support). That wasn't my point. If you tallied up all the other owners, I'd say she'd probably be average -- right around 15th. What I find needs to be discussed is the needless hate that she gets, where hyperbole marks her as a horrible human being and worst this and that.

- Magic's DeVos: Built empire on a pyramid scheme, actively funding campaigns to roll back civil rights for the LGBT community

- Bulls Reinsdorf: Dismantled a dynasty since he believed Management and not players won championships

- Pelican's Benson: His family makes the Buss' look like the Brady Bunch (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pelicans-and-saints-owner-tom-benson-says-family-members-tried-to-kill-him/)

Is she perfect? No. But I'd definitely have her instead of a homophobe, Fat Reinsdorf, the Manson family, people who make money off of the misery of others, and on and on.

As many have pointed out, stop moving goal posts since those things are irrelevant in what we're looking for in a basketball owner.

LOL. Suggest you look up what it means to 'move the goal posts' since you seem to have no comprehension how it related to the discussion.

So you bring up a complaint (character) that is irrelevant to the discussion and you admit is only shared by a minority of this board.

ROFL before suggesting others look up a word, do the same with "comprehension" since it seems that point has flown over your head.

Who says character isn't relevant?

Are you okay to have a competent but racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobe, etc owner? Would you seriously support a team like that?
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It tells you nothing because it isn't an option. None of them will own the Lakers. The Buss Family Trust does, and it is easy to see what has happened here since they became owners. Only Brooklyn and Philly have performed as poorly as we have, with similar negative press.

What it tells me is that the other poster is likely trolling since he/she would rather have definitive losers like Dolan, Prokhorov, Sarver, etc. He/she lost any credibility whatsoever to discuss this rationally.

As to the point you keep on trying to reiterate (I guess you think if you say it enough people will believe it) -- the worst years in Lakers history are a direct result of your buddies Jim and Mitch. It's been pretty well laid out that they (Jim and Mitch) kept a tight fence around basketball operations and were pretty much alone on that island -- no one to blame but themselves.

Discuss this rationally? LOL seriously let's look at when you first responded:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Well that's what happens when you don't have any good moves under your belt and you fail to make obvious ones like hiring Jerry West as a consultant.

No good moves? Getting rid of Jim Buss is probably a Top 10 move in the NBA for the year. Bringing in Magic. Running an efficient business side of the house. Etc.

I agree not getting West was a mistake. But for me one that is likely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things (the hysteria on here the past day has been quite amusing).

Suddenly now she's the worst? Even though without any effort you see listed here 10 owners who are easily worse. Seriously -- of the 10 owners we've llisted here, would you take any of those instead?

Where does that say I considered Jeanie the worst owner in the league? It's true that she's done jack squat to show she's doesn't deserve the hate. Again what this tells me is you really need to look up the word "comprehension".

But since you want me to "die on the hill", let's go over those owners you think are horrible and I said would arguably replace any of them:

Gilbert-Cavs were in the finals and brought a championship to cleveland. Nuff said.

Bennet- OKC had Durant/Westbook/Harden. Even if he lost 2 of the 3, he still was in a position to have all 3 and the one he kept is likely this year's MVP. Billy Donovan is proving to be a nice coach as well.

Josh Harris- Sixers tanking plan was successful with just as much youth as us+ they have embiid. They'll likely receive our pick next year.

Glen Taylor- Wolves have KAT+Wiggins with a good amount of youth and thibs. Likely young rising team.

Robert Sarver- PHX has a nice amount of youth while drafting at a lower positon than us. Still has one of the best medical staff's in the league.

Stan Kroenke- Finding Jokic in the 2nd round is arguably the biggest steal in the last 5 years aside from Green. They also hired Mike Malone and now have a nice coach to develop that youth.

Michael Jordan- Actually now has an allstar in kemba walker and made the playoffs last year. Steve Clifford is a good coach as well.

James Dolan- Phil is a disappointment but they have Porzingis.

Vivek and Porkrov- I forgot about about Porkrov but it's arguable for either of the 3. I wouldn't trade Jeanie for Vivek or Porkrov even though I think she's a bad owner but Sac or Net fans would feel the same way about her, especially if the goal of replacing an owner is to get better.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Are you okay to have a competent but racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobe, etc owner? Would you seriously support a team like that?

Supporting the team is different than supporting the owner. Does Donald Stern being racist meant Chris Paul is racist as well? I'd still insult said owner for having such a view, but I'd give credit where it's due, especially if the team is playing hard and winning games/chmpionships.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

People don't ultimately care about beliefs unless the person is not getting the job done.

Fans loved Jerry Buss. He was a republican.

They hated David Stern, a democrat.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Let him go.

It is a new era and there are a lot of interesting candidates who might just need a chance.

I disagree with the thought that Ryan West is an irreplaceable asset, in fact I don't subscribe to the fact that he has done as great a job as many here do because I am not high on our young core other than Ingram, Zubac and to a lesser extent Randle/Nance/Russell. I am over Clarkson

You don't have to be high on the young core to be impressed with Clarkson, Zu, Nance at 46, 32, and 27... or with Russell over Okafor for that matter.

You have to decide, was that Ryan or Mitch?

Most likely a combination of both and others.

But again, I think people want to think he is an irreplaceable asset when in fact it is common for guys to move on in coaching/management in the NBA as they work their way up the food chain.

If he is unhappy or just wants to join his father? I say great, best of luck to him. But I am VERY confident we get someone just as good or better.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
tox wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Let him go.

It is a new era and there are a lot of interesting candidates who might just need a chance.

I disagree with the thought that Ryan West is an irreplaceable asset, in fact I don't subscribe to the fact that he has done as great a job as many here do because I am not high on our young core other than Ingram, Zubac and to a lesser extent Randle/Nance/Russell. I am over Clarkson

You don't have to be high on the young core to be impressed with Clarkson, Zu, Nance at 46, 32, and 27... or with Russell over Okafor for that matter.

But again, I think people want to think he is an irreplaceable asset when in fact it is common for guys to move on in coaching/management in the NBA as they work their way up the food chain.

If he is unhappy or just wants to join his father? I say great, best of luck to him. But I am VERY confident we get someone just as good or better.

Except for the italicized, I actually agree. We don't have enough information to know how important he was, and I'm not sure why people are imitating Chicken Little given we don't know what he does. We know that other franchises have been interested in him, he's been part of our successful drafting corps, and that his last name is 'West.' Enough to make me want to retain him, but to act like the franchise will collapse if we lose him? Eh. But by the same logic, I disagree with the italicized. He's been part of something very successful, and we don't know enough to say whether or not we'll find someone as good or better than him.

That said, my original point was mostly to state that even if you don't think that highly of our young core, it can still be true that our drafting corps has done a good job.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

And the largest component of that draft corp was Mitch. We will miss him more than Ryan.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Discuss this rationally? LOL seriously let's look at when you first responded:

Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Where does that say I considered Jeanie the worst owner in the league? It's true that she's done jack squat to show she's doesn't deserve the hate. Again what this tells me is you really need to look up the word "comprehension".

But since you want me to "die on the hill", let's go over those owners you think are horrible and I said would arguably replace any of them:

Gilbert-Cavs were in the finals and brought a championship to cleveland. Nuff said.

Bennet- OKC had Durant/Westbook/Harden. Even if he lost 2 of the 3, he still was in a position to have all 3 and the one he kept is likely this year's MVP. Billy Donovan is proving to be a nice coach as well.

Josh Harris- Sixers tanking plan was successful with just as much youth as us+ they have embiid. They'll likely receive our pick next year.

Glen Taylor- Wolves have KAT+Wiggins with a good amount of youth and thibs. Likely young rising team.

Robert Sarver- PHX has a nice amount of youth while drafting at a lower positon than us. Still has one of the best medical staff's in the league.

Stan Kroenke- Finding Jokic in the 2nd round is arguably the biggest steal in the last 5 years aside from Green. They also hired Mike Malone and now have a nice coach to develop that youth.

Michael Jordan- Actually now has an allstar in kemba walker and made the playoffs last year. Steve Clifford is a good coach as well.

James Dolan- Phil is a disappointment but they have Porzingis.

Vivek and Porkrov- I forgot about about Porkrov but it's arguable for either of the 3. I wouldn't trade Jeanie for Vivek or Porkrov even though I think she's a bad owner but Sac or Net fans would feel the same way about her, especially if the goal of replacing an owner is to get better.

Dude -- reread the quote train. What you mentioned was in response to Chronicle's post.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Supporting the team is different than supporting the owner. Does Donald Stern being racist meant Chris Paul is racist as well? I'd still insult said owner for having such a view, but I'd give credit where it's due, especially if the team is playing hard and winning games/chmpionships.

I think you mean Donald Sterling. Not a good example for the point you are trying to make as he's no longer an owner precisely because of this.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject:

Wow. All this vitriol, because Jerry West wasn't invited back into the Lakers organization, and Ryan West is SPECULATED to follow Jerry to the Clippers....

I, too, would have liked for Jerry to return to the Lakers, but it wasn't to be. That's life, it happens. Jerry didn't pout, he just moved on. So should all you posters, complaining.

Before proclaiming Jeanie as the "worst GM of all time", people may want to cut her a little slack. The Laker franchise has gone through a rough period, from Kobe's injury/decline, to bad trade deals, to a dysfunctional FO.

Kobe has retired (sad face), and the FO has been "reorganized" so that everyone is on the same page. Also, the Lakers got the coach they wanted, in Luke Walton.

Let's see how the FO, coaches, and players prove themselves, going forward.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!
lakershead22
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Wow. All this vitriol, because Jerry West wasn't invited back into the Lakers organization, and Ryan West is SPECULATED to follow Jerry to the Clippers....

I, too, would have liked for Jerry to return to the Lakers, but it wasn't to be. That's life, it happens. Jerry didn't pout, he just moved on. So should all you posters, complaining.

Before proclaiming Jeanie as the "worst GM of all time", people may want to cut her a little slack. The Laker franchise has gone through a rough period, from Kobe's injury/decline, to bad trade deals, to a dysfunctional FO.

Kobe has retired (sad face), and the FO has been "reorganized" so that everyone is on the same page. Also, the Lakers got the coach they wanted, in Luke Walton.

Let's see how the FO, coaches, and players prove themselves, going forward.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree with this post. We all just have to wait and see how things go.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
tox wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Let him go.

You said it yourself. The success from the previous drafts is probably from the combination of both Ryan and Mitch. Since one of them is gone, we should keep the other. And I am not so sure why you are so confident about getting someone just as good as Ryan is. If you are satisfied with the prospect we have drafted in the last few years then you should appreciate and give credit to their work. Saying they are easily replaceable when they have done a fantastic job is pretty disrespectful in my opinion. Maybe we can get a new guy who eventually will be as good as Ryan after 3-4 years of experience, but you also waste the talent we could have got in this time period.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

You said it yourself. The success from the previous drafts is probably from the combination of both Ryan and Mitch. Since one of them is gone, we should keep the other. And I am not so sure why you are so confident about getting someone just as good as Ryan is. If you are satisfied with the prospect we have drafted in the last few years then you should appreciate and give credit to their work. Saying they are easily replaceable when they have done a fantastic job is pretty disrespectful in my opinion. Maybe we can get a new guy who eventually will be as good as Ryan after 3-4 years of experience, but you also waste the talent we could have got in this time period.

See. the bolded part is just it for me.

They have not done a fantastic job. They have made some good late draft picks, but one could easily argue they did not make the best early draft picks.

The LG Legend of Ryan West is just funny to me. If his name was Ryan Williams, no one would care if he left for another front office. Or do you disagree?

I just find him far from irreplaceable as others seem to think he is. I am fine with letting Magic/Pelinka bring in their own guys, particularly if someone wants to leave or is unhappy in some way.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

See. the bolded part is just it for me.

They have not done a fantastic job. They have made some good late draft picks, but one could easily argue they did not make the best early draft picks.

The LG Legend of Ryan West is just funny to me. If his name was Ryan Williams, no one would care if he left for another front office. Or do you disagree?

I just find him far from irreplaceable as others seem to think he is. I am fine with letting Magic/Pelinka bring in their own guys, particularly if someone wants to leave or is unhappy in some way.

Okay, if you don't think they have done a good job in the last few years then I can totally see why you don't care about him leaving.
I actually would disagree. I want him staying not because he is part of the West family but the contribution he has done for the scouting department just like how I give credit to Mitch on drafting prospects.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Lawrence Tanter wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
jeanie is the worst owner in the nba
Fail comment of the day. Be thankful none of these buffoons own the Lakers:

James Dolan, Knicks
Josh Harris, 76ers
Vivek Ranadive, Kings
Robert Sarver, Suns
Stan Kroenke, Nuggets
Jeannie is light years ahead of them. I have full confidence in her ability to lead the Lakers.

Running the business side is irrelevant. Being succesful in one basketball area does not translate in another (see Phil).

Her other relevant basketball moves included "Stay Dwight" and the Lamarcus Aldrige twitter fiasco. Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Replacing Jim is a good move only if it leads to better results not worse/the same. The jury is out on magic/pelinka but if not hiring west is an indication then it doesn't bode well for the future.

She deserves to be bashed for ignoring west especially since Jim was bashed for ignoring phil as coach. As long as she hasn't proven herself, I can see it's arguable on her being the worst owner in the league. As some have pointed out, the preception of our FO from other fans with terrible FO's is similar to our views.
So of the 10 listed, would you have any of them as your owner rather than Jeannie?
Any of the 10 since it can hardly get worse. You could debate with sac's owner though.
Wow, you really want to die on this hill don't you. Given that you would rather have Dolan, Prokhorov, etc. tells me all I need to know.

Fascinating that the anger that was sent to Jimmy has transferred to Jeanie and it has only been months since she has placed new management in place.

Jeanie didn't ignore The Logo, she has a certain direction that (in her opinion) that he didn't agree with.

One possible example COULD be the following:
West was also asked about LaVar Ball, whose son Lonzo Ball has been considered a top-two choice who many expect the Lakers to select with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

“I wouldn’t want a father like that, to be honest with you,” West said. “I think he puts an added pressure on his kid. You know he loves his kid, you know that. But this should be about his kid and not about him.”
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-jerry-west-20170601-story.html

In the original article, it appears that West will be a board member and advisor with the Clips since this was the role he had with the Dubs.

In the original article
Even after West met with Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and Doc Rivers, the team’s coach and president of basketball operations, on May 30 at the team’s practice facility in Playa Vista, the executives said West “twice changed his mind” before deciding Wednesday that he wanted to join the Clippers.
-
West is not looking to have “more power” than Rivers, but wants to work beside him, executive vice president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank, general manager Dave Wohl and assistant general manager Gerald Madkins, the executives said.
=======
Reading between the lines with many assumptions - the Clips' FO and Head Coach needs help considering their inexplicable inability to go beyond the second round for the past few years - whatever the problem/issues are.
Maybe he thought that since he was able to bring KD to the Dubs, Balmer thought The Logo can bring LeBron to the Clippers that would require a huge commitment and drastic moves to accommodate LBJ's minimal financial requirements????

Lakers have a clearer and younger path to becoming relevant again - quickly.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Read the article, it's total speculation

Wouldn't be a shock at all if it happened, though.

Just like it happened when Jerry went to Golden State?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Tanlentueux wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Read the article, it's total speculation

Wouldn't be a shock at all if it happened, though.

Just like it happened when Jerry went to Golden State?

You do know he brought in one of his sons to Golden State, right?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

An EmplayBomb?

Eric Pincus‏
Verified account
 @EricPincus 2m
2 minutes ago

More
If Chauncey Billups ends up top basketball man in Cleveland, I would expect him to consider Lakers' Ryan West as key member of his staff
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
An EmplayBomb?

Eric Pincus‏
Verified account
 @EricPincus 2m
2 minutes ago

More
If Chauncey Billups ends up top basketball man in Cleveland, I would expect him to consider Lakers' Ryan West as key member of his staff

Hopefully he doesn't think twice before saying no.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

That would be a good move for West.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm not so sure. Dan Gilbert has not agreed to an extension with any of his GM's in his entire tenure as owner. I could see West simply not wanting to work in such an environment and waiting for a better gig to materialize.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm not so sure. Dan Gilbert has not agreed to an extension with any of his GM's in his entire tenure as owner. I could see West simply not wanting to work in such an environment and waiting for a better gig to materialize.

I would rather work for Jeannie Buss in Los Angeles (or even Steve Balmer ) vs. working for Comic Sans in Cleveland.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: