A Little Perspective: Pre-May 16, 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LET'S GO LAKERS!

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
danzag wrote:
LET'S GO LAKERS!

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Adding to that, there has been strong media reports that Paul George has the Lakers as his preferred destination should he decide to leave Indiana in Free Agency in 12 months. That may or may not come to pass for any number of reasons. But it certainly indicates we are becoming interesting to higher level players again. That hasn't been the case for some time. LeBron himself has been said to have interest in LA. And while I'm dubious that really gains traction the point remains it isn't being dismissed out off hand.

While some might attribute that to the change in leadership (which probably helped some in the perception area in the sense that there was a change), a lot of the credit has to go to the former regime for drafting well and generally playing the long game well (save the Deng signing. I maintain that Moz wasn't a bad deal, though you could make the case we weren't ready for it).
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
next week is gonna be fun on Wednesday the Nick Young era ends and on Thursday we welcome 2 new players to the Purple and Gold family

Silver linings everywhere. Goodbye Nick, I hope your next team enjoys your clown show. It was a good distraction while we were really bad, but it has no place here now that we're on our way back. Bye
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Of course we should be thankful that we have an extremely valuable asset, but that's all the more reason to make sure we don't screw it up.

B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Totally agree, yinoma.

Perspective is everything.

When we were doing the whole "Boozer/Jordan Hill/Price" thing, all I wanted was for us to just fast-forward to having a young, fun, athletic group of guys with tons of potential with a young, fun, forward-thinking coach and just enjoy watching them all grow and develop... and here we are!

I'm totally excited to add any of them (MF, LB, JJ).
Each one is going to add another fun element to the mix.
And 28 is going to be an awesome addition, too!

We're going to add 2 more young, fun rotation players to The Young Core.
Next year is going to be very exciting!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Adding to that, there has been strong media reports that Paul George has the Lakers as his preferred destination should he decide to leave Indiana in Free Agency in 12 months. That may or may not come to pass for any number of reasons. But it certainly indicates we are becoming interesting to higher level players again. That hasn't been the case for some time. LeBron himself has been said to have interest in LA. And while I'm dubious that really gains traction the point remains it isn't being dismissed out off hand.

While some might attribute that to the change in leadership (which probably helped some in the perception area in the sense that there was a change), a lot of the credit has to go to the former regime for drafting well and generally playing the long game well (save the Deng signing. I maintain that Moz wasn't a bad deal, though you could make the case we weren't ready for it).

We have been used for leverage for decades.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We have been used for leverage for decades.

Yes, but it's credible again. Couldn't say that over the last few years. And I actually believe we're back to the point where the combination of our assets, coach, willingness to spend and market make the Lakers viable as a destination. Maybe we're still a year or two away, but the planning for that by players starts now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Possibly, but it reminds me a lot of the kevin love and demar derozan situations tho. People erroneously believing the hometown story is enough to persuade them to come to a bottom 3 team
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

It is only credible because you want it to be. George is using the threat of leaving for the Lakers as a FA to scare teams away from trading for him. We have been used like that many times before.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: