2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1092, 1093, 1094 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
So it's a done Fultz to philly. Lakers on the clock lol

Why? We are expected to pick Ball, nothing surprising is gonna come for the Lakers.

Apperently where in play for JJ .. who apperently refusing to work out for the Celtics ..

Last edited by Hydro21 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

rybee wrote:
Quote:
AdamHimmelsbach: The Celtics had Lauri Markkanen & Dennis Smith in for workouts today. Still trying to get Josh Jackson to come but have been unsuccessful.

Hmm...

Quote:
Ainge said that former Kansas forward Josh Jackson, widely viewed as a top-five pick, has not agreed to come to Boston for a workout yet.

“As of right now, we have not seen him,” Ainge said. “We’re trying to get to see him and [UCLA point guard] Lonzo Ball, two guys we haven’t seen that we’d like to see, and so far they’ve chosen not to come in.”

lol I'm telling you bro...these two are the top prospects and they know it! Neither wants to ruin their chances of going to Los Angeles. Magic is just sitting back loving it. Can't have em both Danny boy 😂 Roll the dice 🎲

I'd be happy with Lonzo or Jackson...heck I'd take fultz too even though his hype has grown out of control. He won't be able to live up to those expectations for a few years imo
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

This is a better opportunity for Fultz then the Celtics. Fultz will actually start and play with Simmons and Embiid if all healthy. Playing from the bench would have wrecked his value and potential imo.

We're getting the better player though so this news is exciting.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson

Time to get PHX on the phone and fleece them for Ball.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

So in other words....this changes nothing.

But now there's a "promise"

For those of us who really love Fultz, this stings a little because there was a real chance that Boston would've taken JJ at #1 had they not moved down. So all it would've taken was for Philly to have not believed that he was worth giving up all the assets that they are going to give up for him.

Obviously, Philly thought it was worth it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

Why? We are expected to pick Ball, nothing surprising is gonna come for the Lakers.

Apperently where in play for JJ .. who apperently refusing to work out for the Celtics ..

Link? So now we are leaning on Jackson?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @WojVerticalNBA 2m2 minutes ago
Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted Adrian Wojnarowski
Fultz wouldn't have gone into workout with No. 3 without assurance trade was agreed upon. Sides have been locked into deal for 24 hours.

Wow.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

With Philly locked in on Fultz, if that deal gets finalized on Monday, Lakers will now have a lot of leverage with that pick.

Maybe PHX gets excited enough about Lonzo to offer up #4 and their 2018 1st unprotected. Would be a similar offer to what Philly will give up to go from 3 to 1 if they are giving up the LA pick (and reportedly one of their own picks).

Trade #4 to the Kings for 5 and 10.

Take Tatum or Isaac at 5 plus Kennard at 10, and have a great shot at Doncic, Porter, Ayton, Bamba next year.

They'd be maximizing their chances of getting a star.
Mike Breen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

The Fultz to LA dream is officially dead
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I forgot...if it is not Lonzo love....attack the source or deflect and tear down the other prospect.

You already know LG home of Agendas..ive been on here long to know people had agendas since Markus Banks / Lorin Profit/ Bynum/ Stephen Bender/ Boozer/ Flynn/ just insert player or draft player...lol.

Dude. Adkindo posted an article with KU's coach talking about JJ. How is not caring about what a coach said, especially the quote he quoted which is filled with a bunch of maybes and conditionals about where JJ will be selected an agenda?

C'mon. Yes, people have their own favorites and perhaps go overboard many times. But for this use case, how is this an "agenda?" A "Lonzo fan" shouldnt put much stock into what Alford says about where he thinks Lonzo will be drafted, either.

You been here long enough in this thread only to know LG is UCLAed to death ANYYY Beneficial news be it Incarcerated BOB or Street Boy Jack..If they say something positive about Ball its getting posted here and as a reason Ball should be the pick...Ive been hit with the reason to get BALL is due to the "Eye Test"...What? the "Eye Test"! I tell you lol! We also get quotes and Picks showing magic visiting UCLA,,,like wooooooooo its getting crucial as they visit the Basketball Staff at UCLA..pfft lol! Ive seen we should get him because he looks like Kid...pffft rofl!!!
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

Take Jackson, then try to get our pick back next year. lol
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

epak wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I forgot...if it is not Lonzo love....attack the source or deflect and tear down the other prospect.

You already know LG home of Agendas..ive been on here long to know people had agendas since Markus Banks / Lorin Profit/ Bynum/ Stephen Bender/ Boozer/ Flynn/ just insert player or draft player...lol.

Dude. Adkindo posted an article with KU's coach talking about JJ. How is not caring about what a coach said, especially the quote he quoted which is filled with a bunch of maybes and conditionals about where JJ will be selected an agenda?

C'mon. Yes, people have their own favorites and perhaps go overboard many times. But for this use case, how is this an "agenda?" A "Lonzo fan" shouldnt put much stock into what Alford says about where he thinks Lonzo will be drafted, either.

B-but I thought the actual quote from his coach was a smokescreen!!!
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

Link? So now we are leaning on Jackson?

Don't have any particular link speaking based on all the rumours. And stuff coming out ..

We know the lakers like Ball and JJ .. both have also refused to workout for the Celtics ..
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

Boston Globe reporter:

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

The Celtics had Lauri Markkanen & Dennis Smith in for workouts today. Still trying to get Josh Jackson to come but have been unsuccessful.

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

To me, Josh Jackson refusing to meet with the team that has the No. 1 overall pick is wilder than all the Fultz stuff.

Guys I think Lakers indeed promised Josh Jackson despite the not so good 2nd workout.

As a fan who'd have wanted Lonzo Ball, I'm a little sad about this, but if Josh Jackson is going to be our guy, then I'll wish him well as a Laker.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc J. Spears‏ @MarcJSpearsESPN 24s24 seconds ago

Markell Fultz REALLY loved Magic Johnson & the Lakers, but is good with going to Philly, a source said. Lakers have 2nd pick.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

Mike Breen wrote:

It's been dead since the lottery. We're getting the Ball boy tho and we gonna be in for some sweet fun next season.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

Nash Vegas wrote:
Boston Globe reporter:

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

The Celtics had Lauri Markkanen & Dennis Smith in for workouts today. Still trying to get Josh Jackson to come but have been unsuccessful.

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

To me, Josh Jackson refusing to meet with the team that has the No. 1 overall pick is wilder than all the Fultz stuff.

Guys I think Lakers indeed promised Josh Jackson despite the not so good 2nd workout.

As a fan who'd have wanted Lonzo Ball, I'm a little sad about this, but if Josh Jackson is going to be our guy, then I'll wish him well as a Laker.

Probably doesn't want to be there with Crowder and Brown already there.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:

Markell Fultz REALLY loved Magic Johnson & the Lakers, but is good with going to Philly, a source said. Lakers have 2nd pick.

He'll leave Philly in 7 years for us anyways
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:

You been here long enough in this thread only to know LG is UCLAed to death ANYYY Beneficial news be it Incarcerated BOB or Street Boy Jack..If they say something positive about Ball its getting posted here and as a reason Ball should be the pick...Ive been hit with the reason to get BALL is due to the "Eye Test"...What? the "Eye Test"! I tell you lol! We also get quotes and Picks showing magic visiting UCLA,,,like wooooooooo its getting crucial as they visit the Basketball Staff at UCLA..pfft lol! Ive seen we should get him because he looks like Kid...pffft rofl!!!

I agree. Go Bruins!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

ChickenStu wrote:

For those of us who really love Fultz, this stings a little because there was a real chance that Boston would've taken JJ at #1 had they not moved down. So all it would've taken was for Philly to have not believed that he was worth giving up all the assets that they are going to give up for him.

Obviously, Philly thought it was worth it.

It's amazing to me how you can say that after THAT workout video .
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

Quote:
WojVerticalNBA: Lakers had interest in pursuing a deal for No. 1 pick/Fultz, but Sixers ability to potentially deliver 3 FRP's in deal too much to overcome.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Boston Globe reporter:

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

This must have been before the deal was made.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Quote:

He's so good with going to Philly that he tanked his workout to try to get them to pass on him.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Mike Breen wrote:

I still think Magic and Ainge just done a SS Dirty trick on Phili.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Boston Globe reporter:

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

Quote:
@AdamHimmelsbach

Probably doesn't want to be there with Crowder and Brown already there.

And they could get Hayward in free agency.

I think Jackson, like Fultz, wants to go to a team where he'll get big minutes.

Boston could still take him but I think they'll go with Tatum or Isaac and Jackson goes #4.

Last edited by Mini Mamba on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1092, 1093, 1094 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1093 of 1281
Jump to: