The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 996, 997, 998 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Not sure why my thread got locked. I think OK4 can thrive in LA if he gets a chance. Randle for Ok4 seems fair
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Not sure why my thread got locked. I think OK4 can thrive in LA if he gets a chance. Randle for Ok4 seems fair

You're a decent-good troll. Definitely gets some laughs. You'd reach all-star level if you made it more subtle.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
15 wrote:

You're a decent-good troll. Definitely gets some laughs. You'd reach all-star level if you made it more subtle.

Lmao. At the end of the day, randle is going to be a FA and I don't think we should give him what his market value is. So might as well trade him now and get something back.
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Yes let's move one of our most promising young players so we can give more opportunities to luol deng
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
15 wrote:

Lmao. At the end of the day, randle is going to be a FA and I don't think we should give him what his market value is. So might as well trade him now and get something back.

Randle will be a restricted Free Agent.

I don't know why there's so much hand wringing about paying him his market value. People keep saying they're not confident that he'll improve enough to justify that contract, but that honestly don't make an sense considering he's shown continual improvement in every area that people complain about.

You'd have to believe that Randle at 22 has improved as much as he possible can as an NBA player.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
15 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
15 wrote:

I don't know why there's so much hand wringing about paying him his market value. People keep saying they're not confident that he'll improve enough to justify that contract, but that honestly don't make an sense considering he's shown continual improvement in every area that people complain about.

You'd have to believe that Randle at 22 has improved as much as he possible can as an NBA player.

Some other team is going to offer him a max contract based on this reasoning and we'll be forced to either match a max contract which he likely won't live up to or lose him for nothing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling the rumored package for Fultz isn't going to sit well with him. I'm curious to see how he will react to it. Lamar totally spiraled downwards after his failed trade.

My guess is that he is moved with Deng to Brooklyn right before the ASG.

It's not that he's a bad player, but it's his contract year and there are some notable free agents looming around the corner.

It's hard to pay a player big bucks especially if there is a glut of players at the same position. Say what you say, but TRob is a absolute hustler. He deserves to be on this team and he's very affordable.

Nance Jr
Trob
Possibly the 28th pick. I personally love Jordan Bell. His defensive presence should lessen the impact we feel from a Ball and DLo backcourt.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

You don't want to pay Randle but you'll be OK to pay OK4 ?
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

you're kidding, right??? okafor is horrible. slow, lumbering, can't rebound, can't play D, awful for luke's system.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
15 wrote:

i think under the right conditions, ok4 can thrive. i admit he has a tough season last year and has injuries. but he still has all star potential
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
15 wrote:

i think under the right conditions, ok4 can thrive. i admit he has a tough season last year and has injuries. but he still has all star potential

the same can be said with Randle without "tough season last year" part.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

I liked Okafor in college but at the moment his career looks like he's on Eddy Curry trajectory. Terrible rebounder, subpar defender, poor shooter. The only thing he does well at this point is play in the post, and NBA offenses are moving in the other direction. To make matters worse he has a bad attitude and off court issues. They couldn't get anything of value for him last season, why would we surrender Randle?
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject:

Randle if he continues to develop should get a good contract. He seems dedicated and will learn to play better defense. If he can get his right hand and jump shot to improve he will be a star and we can use stars.

Not sure about the rumors other thank people think he is a valuable asset.

If Jimmy & Mitch didn't screw up on Moz and Deng nobody would be saying a word about Randle's next contract.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

I'd be open to moving Randle but not for okafor nooooo way
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

i like randle, but also see the holes in his game. i would be sad to see him go, but for the right deal i get it. I was against 2 and randle for #1. Glad that did not happen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

Ever heard of beating a dead horse?

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Truck Turner wrote:
15 wrote:
akk7 wrote:
15 wrote:

Some other team is going to offer him a max contract based on this reasoning and we'll be forced to either match a max contract which he likely won't live up to or lose him for nothing.

And that would be his market value l, see how that works? And the Lakers can either pay for their investment or go Sterling cheap and not do so. This could tell us if the tables have turned and we have become the old Clippers and they have become the old Doc Buss Lakers.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

I'm curious what the basketball reasoning is behind trading for Oakafor. He can score the ball, I agree but so can Jules. After that Randle is better in every facet of the game by a landslide and Randle seems to have taken this latest challenge by the coaching staff while Oak is a slug. If you're hell bent on trading Randle there are much better trade partners out there. This is terrible.

Longtime LG lurker.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Okafor
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

Is Deangelo taking his fitness as serious as Julius is this summer? I haven't seen any updates for him.

Loving that Julius work ethic!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

It was locked because we've already discussed him, nothing's change, and absolutely no one here wants him.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't even trade a 2nd rounder for Okafor.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

Ok man, this is like a triple whammy.

First, Okafor isn't very good, and certainly not good enough to trade JC for.

Second, even if we agreed he has potential, why would that potential show itself in LA where we plan to run and gun? He's a back to basket player.

Third, you don't know why it got locked.

Cmon man!
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

This thread is full of win lol. Trade randle to... play deng. get okafor, im dying. because we have Trob, that is fricken hilarious. This one has me rolling...because he has holes in his game. I mean duh. Every 22 year old player has holes in their game. I can't wait to hear what will be said when he is our best player this year. Happy Father's Day LG!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

After the latest Woj Bomb... Hope you like Indiana?

I hope we don't have to trade Randle or any of our young dudes, but it seems like the writing is on the wall.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 996, 997, 998 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 997 of 1536
Jump to: