OFFICIAL JOSH JACKSON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
epak wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Jackson just took a shot at Fultz.

https://twitter.com/CelticsJunkies/status/876282756493389824

Can someone explain that to me?
Does it even have to do with Fultz?

Saying anyone can put up good numbers on a losing team. Fultz/Washington.

Jackson is pissed he is going to the Celtics. He feels like the loser of this deal.

Do we know which teams JJ worked out for besides the Lakers?

Interesting theory from another forum why Jackson tweeted that after Fultz to Sixers became official:

Quote:
Jackson got butt hurt that the Sixers didn't honor their promise to draft him.

He also retweeted a tweet saying he had a great workout with Philly yesterday

Wow. That's an interesting theory.
Bryan Colangelo better hide his car!
JK.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Jackson is a very competitive kid. Of course he wants to be the #1 pick. He was also the #1 ranked prospect by the ranking services coming out of high school.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
Jackson is a very competitive kid. Of course he wants to be the #1 pick. He was also the #1 ranked prospect by the ranking services coming out of high school.

Doesn't it make sense if the promise to philly were true, that he would have been #3?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:

Is that why he wouldn't work out for the Celtics....?

A lot of these prospects want to avoid the Celtics because they won't be given the opportunity to develop.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Ironically while the tweet... shows he's pissed... and with his anger issues... that could be a red flag for teams...

and while I personally want Tatum at #2... it makes Josh Jackson more appealing for me... especially if the team could get Metta on the staff.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Ironically while the tweet... shows he's pissed... and with his anger issues... that could be a red flag for teams...

and while I personally want Tatum at #2... it makes Josh Jackson more appealing for me... especially if the team could get Metta on the staff.

Why is josh jackson more appealing to you now? Is it because you feel like he is a guy who is more passionate?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Why is josh jackson more appealing to you now? Is it because you feel like he is a guy who is more passionate?

The fact is... if you can get his energy focused on proving himself to be the best player from this draft... better than fultz, ball, etc... He could develop the work ethic that the legends get.

Problem is... He also has been linked to a sexual assault. A hit and run. And officially charged with destroying a car in an altercation.

So he's just as likely to be out of the league due to lack of control.

I don't see how DLO and Ball could be elite together.

I do see how Jackson and Ingram however (if Jackson is mentored by a far more mellow Ingram).. how they become an elite tandem.

Honestly Jackson, Ingram, Nance... Defensively those three solve a lot of DLO's problems.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

The fact is... if you can get his energy focused on proving himself to be the best player from this draft... better than fultz, ball, etc... He could develop the work ethic that the legends get.

Problem is... He also has been linked to a sexual assault. A hit and run. And officially charged with destroying a car in an altercation.

I do see how Jackson and Ingram however (if Jackson is mentored by a far more mellow Ingram).. how they become an elite tandem.

Honestly Jackson, Ingram, Nance... Defensively those three solve a lot of DLO's problems.

Agree with this ^^^^^^^^^ bigtime
Jackson INgram is a better tandem than Ball-Russell
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

It was not sexual assault, and he didn't "destroy the car." He dented it when he kicked the driver door. I'm not the biggest fan of Jackson, but you need to get the facts straight on the kid. Those are far worse allegations than what he actually did.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Jackson is older than Ingram, how do you expect Ingram to mentor Jackson

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

It was not sexual assault, and he didn't "destroy the car." He dented it when he kicked the driver door. I'm not the biggest fan of Jackson, but you need to get the facts straight on the kid. Those are far worse allegations than what he actually did.

No agendas here hehe
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

I did not have sexual relations with that woman
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

I did not have sexual relations with that woman

I think some here are too young to know Wlliam Clinton.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Agree with this ^^^^^^^^^ bigtime
Jackson INgram is a better tandem than Ball-Russell

So it could be a Dlo Clarkson Jackson Ingram Nance Small lineup with + defenders at many spots. I could see this work but Ingram needs to put on some weight and Improve defensively.

But if we do that Id rather roll with a Dlo Clarkson Ingram Isaac Nance with the + defenders up front

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

I guess they don't teach people how to Google at Gonzaga. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

Just check the philly papers articles on Jackson. They wrote a few as they thought he was going there. I'd link but on a phone right now and don't feel like finding it for you. Use google.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

Just check the philly papers articles on Jackson. They wrote a few as they thought he was going there. I'd link but on a phone right now and don't feel like finding it for you. Use google.

So are you saying you don't what this sexual predator on the Lakers?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Not saying that, actually I prefer his upside on this specific team to Balls, but three different events is a lot of smoke that could be a warning for something far worse once he is 21 and a multimillionaire

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Jackson and Ingram are redundant. Neither are strong enough to play the 4. Neither are good enough shooters to play the 2. Also you hope to sign PG13 who wants to play the 3 as well. You will have a log jam with 3 guys on one position when you need help at all the other positions.

Ball and Russell are skilled enough to play both guard positions.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Jackson and Ingram are redundant. Neither are strong enough to play the 4. Neither are good enough shooters to play the 2. Also you hope to sign PG13 who wants to play the 3 as well. You will have a log jam with 3 guys on one position when you need help at all the other positions.

Which is more reason why Tatum would be my pick at two. Because he can be a 3/4 who shoots

AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

No agendas here hehe

If you're talking about the incident with Carlton Bragg, I don't see how being a witness to a crime is somehow a negative on his character. No one is accusing Frank Mason III of character issues for being a witness to the exact same crime are they? In the future, don't say "linked to" when you mean "witness to." Those are wholly different implications.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Which would work out perfectly in Luke's motion offense.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wow. That's an interesting theory.
Bryan Colangelo better hide his car!
JK.

ha
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:

This sums up my concern with the Lakers picking Jackson. If Ingram is the closest player we have to being indispensable in Magic's eyes, why would we spend this highly coveted pick on another 3?

And I don't buy for one second the idea that 190 lb Brandon Ingram is going go out there and bang with power forwards in this league. Not for more than a couple minutes. He's a 3, Jackson is a 3, PG13 is a 3 if we get him and hates playing 4. It's not like the GSW go out there and play small ball for 48 minutes. Far from it. They have balance in their lineup to play big or small. Deng is our only 3 who can play effective 4 ball. Even at that we've got Nance/Randle at 4. What we don't have is a starting quality guard to pair up with Russell.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Which would work out perfectly in Luke's motion offense.

Offensively they would be great. Defensively, not so much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 63 of 64
Jump to: