Lakers reportedly open to trading the second pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Boston-Philly trade appears done, meaning Fultz will not be on the board at 2.

Lonzo Ball or trade down?

no matter what, some people will still come out of the woods and bash Magic/Pelinka for the pick
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
How about Lakers trade Mozgov, Deng, #2 pick

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin
Nets #1 in future, say 2020 or 2021

We get Lin back as a serviceable PG, Lopez expires after this year so his salary is freed up, a future first round pick, and we close out the bad free agent signings.

I think we'd be known as the franchise that saved the Nets from their own stupidity.

No thanks. Trump is already helping the Russians enough. I think the NBA might have to create a Prokhorov Rule to close the loopholes in the Stepien Rule.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin

We get Lin back as a serviceable PG, Lopez expires after this year so his salary is freed up, a future first round pick, and we close out the bad free agent signings.

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin

Ok, at least I'm going to give details why it's a horrible idea.

If you trade the precious No.2 pick, something that you sweated bullets up to May 16th to keep, you don't turn around and use your good fortune to get out of a previous management's mistakes.

It'd be different if we were close to being a championship team, but we're not, and giving up a quality No.2 pick to get rid of two unwanted pieces puts you further away from the team your trying to become.

By keeping a quality player at No.2, we now have to give him at least two seasons to demonstrate if he's a keeper. So were developing real good talent, while simultaneously moving closer to ridding ourselves of the players we're targeting.

Plus, after the heist Boston has pulled on the Nets, I don't think they'd be that interested in losing another first round pick. The draft in 4 days is a constant reminder of that for them.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
then we win the lottery again getting the #2 pick, FOUR years in a row with a #2 pick, let's do it!

We don't have first round pick next year, sorry!!
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

If we traded down, say to 5&10, it would have been extremely irresponsible not to work out markannen
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin

wtf!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Just take Ball, don't try to second guess the obvious, look at his stats, they are real...!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

I think it was Ramona that said a couple days ago the Lakers are highly unlikely to trade the number 2 pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
then we win the lottery again getting the #2 pick, FOUR years in a row with a #2 pick, let's do it!

We don't have first round pick next year, sorry!!

I would gladly trade 28 for a 2018 first rounder
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think it was Ramona that said a couple days ago the Lakers are highly unlikely to trade the number 2 pick.

And then they tried trading the pick.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:

And then they tried trading the pick.

Did they? I haven't heard a report stating what they actually offered, only speculation as to what they might offer and that they were interested in the #1 pick.

It could have simply been nothing more than a call by the Lakers asking what it would take, Boston who told them the price, the Lakers saying no, Boston leaking the Lakers' inquiry (and maybe even their demand) so to get a better offer from Philly, and Philly, hearing the news, bumping up their offer to get the trade done.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

I respect Ramona's inside knowledge when it comes to the Lakers. but I don't think she is quite up to par with how the new FO is operating and even though she reported it directly from a Lakers source, I don't think she's really knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Ramona wants Ball just as much as most Lakers fans. She's a fan, but she has also been inside the Ball circle while doing that ESPN piece on them. If Ball becomes a Laker and a really good player, Ramona will have job security like no other for years to come. I'm not saying she's not good at what she does, because I think she is. But it's in her best interest that we get that Ball.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin

Ok, at least I'm going to give details why it's a horrible idea.

If you trade the precious No.2 pick, something that you sweated bullets up to May 16th to keep, you don't turn around and use your good fortune to get out of a previous management's mistakes.

It'd be different if we were close to being a championship team, but we're not, and giving up a quality No.2 pick to get rid of two unwanted pieces puts you further away from the team your trying to become.

By keeping a quality player at No.2, we now have to give him at least two seasons to demonstrate if he's a keeper. So were developing real good talent, while simultaneously moving closer to ridding ourselves of the players we're targeting.

Plus, after the heist Boston has pulled on the Nets, I don't think they'd be that interested in losing another first round pick. The draft in 4 days is a constant reminder of that for them.

Because that trade doesnt make us any better
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

To Nets for:

Brook Lopez
Jeremy Lin

Are our LG servers ready to handle Jeremy Lin in a Laker Uniform Part 2.0?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Adrian Wojnarowski:

Quote:
“I think a little bit of what they’re doing is... they’re trying to get teams behind them to move up, if they like (Josh) Jackson and they can still trade down and get (Lonzo) Ball, which I think they tried with Philly, they tried with Phoenix, and neither had interest.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/19/15831482/la-lakers-draft-rumors-lakers-reportedly-trade-down-phoenix-suns-philadelphia-76ers-woj?utm_campaign=anthonyirwinla&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski:

Quote:
“I think a little bit of what they’re doing is... they’re trying to get teams behind them to move up, if they like (Josh) Jackson and they can still trade down and get (Lonzo) Ball, which I think they tried with Philly, they tried with Phoenix, and neither had interest.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/19/15831482/la-lakers-draft-rumors-lakers-reportedly-trade-down-phoenix-suns-philadelphia-76ers-woj?utm_campaign=anthonyirwinla&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

They probably shouldn't have let it leak that Jackson flubbed his workout then.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
According to Chad Ford of ESPN, the Suns are trying to trade up for Ball and have had conversations with the Lakers:

The Suns have been trying to trade up and have had conversations with both the Lakers and Celtics. Who are they after? Sources point to Ball as the target.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-draft-rumors-phoenix-suns-trying-to-move-up-for-lonzo-ball/2017/06/19/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
According to Chad Ford of ESPN, the Suns are trying to trade up for Ball and have had conversations with the Lakers:

The Suns have been trying to trade up and have had conversations with both the Lakers and Celtics. Who are they after? Sources point to Ball as the target.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-draft-rumors-phoenix-suns-trying-to-move-up-for-lonzo-ball/2017/06/19/

Take advantage of that.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

If it is true that the Suns want to trade up, then do it in return for Eric Bledsoe. The Lakers could throw in Randle or Clarkson. But they have to get the guarantee of an available Josh Jackson. Bledsoe is as valuable as any PG available in the draft.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

He's missed 67 games over the last 2 seasons
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Quote:

Take advantage of that.

Keep reaching, keep reaching.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakers prefer Lonzo Ball over Markelle Fultz, even if both available

Even if the consensus top pick was available, the Lakers may have passed on him.
Quote:
According to Bleacher Report’s Kevin Ding, the team is closing in on a final decision to draft UCLA freshman standout Lonzo Ball, though some final planning needs to be done in the final days before the draft.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/6/19/15833204/la-lakers-draft-rumors-prefer-lonzo-ball-markelle-fultz-bleacher-report
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/876865434422784000
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: