Are you too biased to make the pick at #2? I am.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you too biased to make this pick?
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Pleading the 5th
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Are you too biased to make the pick at #2? I am.

Up until I was 6, sports were just a thing that people would sit down to drink and yell at the tv. Then I saw the beauty of Magic Johnson. I always wanted to make friends at school and pass to them so they could score. I'm not too impatient to want the buzz back in LA, but Lonzo's game has some of this beauty and it's hard for me to properly make the right pick. This is the first time I can say this has happened, even when my fellow Buckeye DLO was up for the #2 pick I just wanted BPA....so a player that best helps win is always the better pick...but this makes me feel like I'm being asked to interview my close friend for a job.

I'm interested to see if I'm alone in this, especially for those of you that prefer the local story, or that have already accepted him as the pick and have embraced it. I say I just want to see another ring, but if JJ or Tatum is the better prospect it's hard to see beyond this bias I gotta admit.

Last edited by fansincemagic on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

did not get to see magic play and i am not from LA..so no. Still want Ball
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

I guess if me wanting to add a scorer with upside to make the team better is bias, then yes. But I would hope no Laker fans have a problem with that. As for Ball, there is no bias, he is just another prospect.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Great question. No bias. I just hope we get the best player out of this draft. Initially I wanted Fultz. But that flipped to Jackson. Then I jumped to Ball. Then Fultz is promised to the Sixers and Jackson made that tweet and I'm back to Jackson. Them someone said Tatum was the best player in the draft. So now I'm just gonna let management worry about what we do.

But No, I am clearly not biased.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Great question. No bias. I just hope we get the best player out of this draft. Initially I wanted Fultz. But that flipped to Jackson. Then I jumped to Ball. Then Fultz is promised to the Sixers and Jackson made that tweet and I'm back to Jackson. Them someone said Tatum was the best player in the draft. So now I'm just gonna let management worry about what we do.

Haha same for me
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

I thinkntheres are two guys I would consider at one, so you just take the one that's left. No worries. Don't overthink it or get caught up in personalities and drama.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

I want the Lakers to optimize the opportunity to win. Bias? I'm
not from LA so I really don't care where the player or players come
from; let's get those W's. That's my bias....
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

I'm glad we got to see them after one year of college. I didn't like any of these kids in high school. I probably would've selected Jayson Tatum on this day last year.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

I definitely have a preference as to who I want us selecting (Lonzo) because of how compatible he is to our team but I ultimately just want the player most likely to become a star.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

I have a pro-Ball bias as many others do, but I don't think that means we are wrong.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject:

I prefer Ball over any of the prospects in this draft including Fultz but I'd be satisfied with Jackson or Fultz too. I think those 3 all have star potential.
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I'm from L.A. area, and I root for players from around here, to a certain extent (never when they play the Lakers, but I do enjoy seeing their success, ie Westbrook, Kawhi, Derozan, even Harden!). Incidentally, I live in Chino Hills, and knew about the Ball brothers a year or so before the massive hype train started. With that being said, I root for the success of all L.A. pro teams above all else and couldn't care less about what state or country our players come from. Not one person on this forum is more than an armchair expert -- even the "pro" reporters, capologists, and wannabe scouts who are projecting this or that about each player. For this armchair expert, Ball meets the eye test and fits a few of our MANY needs.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.

Last edited by underdogsgv on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 5 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I have a pro-Ball bias as many others do, but I don't think that means we are wrong.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you too biased to make the pick at #2? I am.

fansincemagic wrote:
Up until I was 6, sports were just a thing that people would sit down to drink and yell at the tv. Then I saw the beauty of Magic Johnson. I always wanted to make friends at school and pass to them so they could score. I'm not too impatient to want the buzz back in LA, but Lonzo's game has some of this beauty and it's hard for me to properly make the right pick. This is the first time I can say this has happened, even when my fellow Buckeye DLO was up for the #2 pick I just wanted BPA....so a player that best helps win is always the better pick...but this makes me feel like I'm being asked to interview my close friend for a job.

I'm interested to see if I'm alone in this, especially for those of you that prefer the local story, or that have already accepted him as the pick and have embraced it. I say I just want to see another ring, but if JJ or Tatum is the better prospect it's hard to see beyond this bias I gotta admit.
well. on one hand. I'm just like you. but on the other. There is no way in this world I would want lonzo if he couldnt shoot the 3.

Lets say for instance. he could pass as well as he can now. but with D.fox's speed but no jumper. I would tell you right now..no thanks.

So that tells me, i'm not just a homer looking for my new magic. I would not want to draft prime jkidd. because he couldnt shoot/or didnt shoot the 3 much at all and when he did he wasnt money. this is a different league. you almost have to be able to hit that 3 ball.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Advanced stats don't lie. It confirms what we are seeing.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm bias towards Dat Ball boy. Can I change my handle to "Dat Ball Boy" if we pick him?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
I'm bias towards Dat Ball boy. Can I change my handle to "Dat Ball Boy" if we pick him?

No. That would be too biased.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Nope. I'll support whoever we draft and Ball is #2 on most boards including mine.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the responses. I don't question anyone saying they just want BPA, but I think I actually put too much faith in him tuning up some weaknesses because of the upside mentioned. Like I find myself assuming his creativity, recognition and frame make up for his shortcomings in the halfcourt. It's like, do I actually doubt that JJ could become the shooter with handles that Leonard developed or do I let the thoughts of Love running showtime sway what I think JJ will become overall? Id take JJ if i knew he was BPA, bit i dont know that Im evaluating him right as ive got him a hair behind Lonzo. Up until now I've had no issue balancing pros and cons since the Eddie Jones pick right or wrong, but this player specifically I feel clouds my view in that way.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Nothing bias about it. We need more ball movement and Ball gives us that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: