Who won the Celtics and 76ers trade

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who won the trade
Celtics get: #3 and future 1st round pick (The Lakers 2018 pick if it falls between 2-5 the kings 2019 pick if the Lakers pick falls between 6-28)
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
76ers get: #1 (most likely Fultz)
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 24

Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Who won the Celtics and 76ers trade

I voted Celtics because if the balls bounce their way either the Lakers or Kings pick he could end up with two picks in the top 5

Edit: lol I picked 76ers cause I didn't pay attention to what I selected oh well
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject:

I think it's clearer now that the C's like Josh Jackson. If that is the case, why not pick up an extra first and still probably get Jackson at 3.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:56 am    Post subject:

Depends on how the trade shakes out. If Boston ends up with Josh Jackson and a Michael Porter Jr or a Zion Williamson then it's hard to say they didn't win.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

Sixers... got the best player in the trade

If I was Celtics, I'd rather parlay the #1 for vet like Butler rather than another rookie. Eventually these rookies gonna be paid too
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sixers... got the best player in the trade

If I was Celtics, I'd rather parlay the #1 for vet like Butler rather than another rookie. Eventually these rookies gonna be paid too

I disagree, their team + Butler or PG13 is still not within praying distance of beating the best teams around. Its smart for them to develop out more young to prospects to be ready to roll once the current top NBA teams decline
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

Hard to judge a trade that involves playere who haven't played a game yet and picks that may or may not convey.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Hard to judge a trade that involves playere who haven't played a game yet and picks that may or may not convey.

That's true at one level, but on the other hand we can judge it based on the value of the picks. Picks are a commodity, after all. You're right that we won't know how things work out on the court for at least two or three years. But who did the best job of managing risk and reward?

If Boston decided that it wanted Jackson over Fultz and Ball, then this is a brilliant trade. The worst case scenario is that the Lakers take Jackson and Boston ends up with Lonzo/Lavar. They could keep him or package him, and most teams are going to value him as a #2 pick, though the Lavar factor could limit his value.

But I give the Sixers the edge here. If you evaluate Fultz as a franchise player -- which a lot of people do -- that '18 Lakers pick is a small price to pay to get him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

Boston already HAS Thomas who is the exact player everyone is "hoping" Fultz becomes.

Being a couple of wins away from getting (to be destroyed by the Warriors) in the finals; NO they did not need a rookie that will only cause friction between their best player.

Boston, I'm sure (even though they have not worked out for them) has done their due-dilligence researching Ball, Jackson & Fox and will be perfectly happy with the player left after the Lakers pick.

The Sixers needed to do something, Emblid has been injured for two straight years, Simmons was injured all year, Okafer was injured late after a sub-par season, basically NOTHING they have done has worked out for them, so they trade two high-level first round picks for a guy who was a big star on a LOSING team - hope that works out for them, they will certainly be the team with the MOST potential, but my money is on something going wrong again for them next year...!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

I think Fultz is special, so I have to say Sixers at this point, but it's not like a clear cut call, not by a long shot. I just think, a bird in the hand>two in the bush and whatnot.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't think either won or lost. They had different needs.

Boston wasn't thrilled with Fultz and they don't need a point guard; moving down and getting a pick works for them.

The 76ers are at a point they need to stop building and advance. A #1 pick today is more important that a future pick.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Celtics, I guess. In their situation, they already have a point guard in Isaiah Thomas who played well during 2016-17 season. So, that's understandable why they traded down. They aren't in need of a guard and don't see anything special in Fultz and Lonzo Ball which I agreed on their standpoint. Plus adding another 1st round pick from a team that has a good chance being in the lottery in next year's draft. Danny Ainge is stockpiling on picks.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Celtics, I think Fultz has much better potential as a top fantasy player than a top reality player.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

I'm just hoping we win a lot of games and tank(!) that draft pick so the Celtics get a low 1st.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

I implore the mods to censor the word 'Tank'; it has no further relevance in the foreseeable future and has no business being used in this forum. Furthermore, I suggest the aforementioned term to be changed to 'bank' whenever an unwitting soul on these forums ever finds the urge to use that unsavory phrase.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ocho wrote:

That's true at one level, but on the other hand we can judge it based on the value of the picks. Picks are a commodity, after all. You're right that we won't know how things work out on the court for at least two or three years. But who did the best job of managing risk and reward?

If Boston decided that it wanted Jackson over Fultz and Ball, then this is a brilliant trade. The worst case scenario is that the Lakers take Jackson and Boston ends up with Lonzo/Lavar. They could keep him or package him, and most teams are going to value him as a #2 pick, though the Lavar factor could limit his value.

But I give the Sixers the edge here. If you evaluate Fultz as a franchise player -- which a lot of people do -- that '18 Lakers pick is a small price to pay to get him.

I know, but trades are never evaluated that way by the media and public. If Fultz becomes a superstar and JJ is a flop that Ainge will be ripped mercilessly in the media. Vice versa if it turns out the other way around.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: