What is Your Bottom Line Offer for Paul George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the Most You Would Give up for Paul George?
Russell or Ingram or #2 Pick Alone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Russell or Ingram or #2 Pick + Deng or Mozgov
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Randle + Clarkson + #28 Pick + Deng or Mozgov
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Randle + Clarkson + #28 Pick
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Clarkson + #28 Pick + 2020 1st Round Pick
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Nothing - Wait for 2018 Free Agency Instead
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 83

kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Geesh, looked at the poll choices above. Did someone from Indy start this poll? LMAO

F* Indy if they want to talk to the Cavs. If Magic/Rob and PG's agent are on the same page (which I think they are), they'll start leaking further that PG will not resign with the Cavs regardless. Scare the heck out of Cleveland to give up anything. This isn't like the Howard drama where he gave a list of names he wants to go to. PG specifically wants to come home to the Lakers and nowhere else. And besides, even if Cavs and Indy talk, the Cavs will very likely lowball Indy as well due to the uncertainty of PG resigning. Now it's a case of do the Pacers want the Cavs lowball offer or the Lakers lowball version? It's a stalemate!
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I'd wait till PG13 is a free agent, but if we were to make an early deal, then something like Randle/Deng/#28/future 2nd would be something I'd do. Pacers wouldn't go for Deng, though. However, Randle would be a pretty decent fit next to Myles Turner.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
Warren Coolidge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

So most of you guys want to play Paul George at the 4 and keep Russell and Ingram to go with Ball I'd assume...

not sure that's the best way for us to go...

I'd move Russell for George...

that gives you a line up with Ball..Ingram...George...Randle....Zubac...

not saying I wouldn't move Randle...at some point either because you have some opportunities to upgrade there next year...

but Paul George is a small forward...he can stretch the floor enough to allow you to play Ingram at the 2...and with his length he could end up being able to guard 1,2, or 3s.... you got Nance..you got Black..you keep Clarkson...
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Warren Coolidge wrote:
So most of you guys want to play Paul George at the 4 and keep Russell and Ingram to go with Ball I'd assume...

not saying I wouldn't move Randle...at some point either because you have some opportunities to upgrade there next year...

but Paul George is a small forward...he can stretch the floor enough to allow you to play Ingram at the 2...and with his length he could end up being able to guard 1,2, or 3s.... you got Nance..you got Black..you keep Clarkson...

No one cares about positions anymore. No one cares about who starts and who doesn't. Closing lineup is Ball Russell George Ingram Randle. That's all that matters.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FA contract. Max.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

People need to understand that giving up either DLo, Randle or Ingram is too much as part of a package for PG. But giving up just Clarkson is not enough.

So we need to be creative. Swap 1sts with Indy. They get our #2, we get their #18. So now we have a package of #2, Clarkson and an expiring K in Brewer. They can use the #2 to draft their PG replacement in Josh Jackson. They also get Clarkson as their younger Monta Ellis. Corey is a 7.5 mil expiring K which they can use later.

We get the 18th pick which will cost less than #2 so that means savings to our cap. We end up with PG, DLo, Randle, Ingram as our core. Keeping the 3 youngs along with Zubac and Nance allows us the flexibility of swinging deals down the line to find PG another star. That along with the star FA we can accommodate in our cap. So as soon as the 18-19 season we could have our own big 3 ready to make noise in the West.
MagicMayun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Warren Coolidge wrote:

I wouldnt trade away a more valuable asset because of logjam worries. If you can get PG for Clarkson, Deng #28 and 2nd rd picks, or similar, you do that. Russell can always be used in another trade.
Warren Coolidge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:

No one cares about positions anymore. No one cares about who starts and who doesn't. Closing lineup is Ball Russell George Ingram Randle. That's all that matters.

teams that have players that allow you to go small and such ..yeah for them its not about positions ...

but I disagree that 19 year olds coming into the league today who have been starting for 3 years "don't care about who starts" .... D'Lo would be cool with coming off the bench?? We used #2 overall picks to draft Ingram and Ball to bring them in to come off the bench?? and they'd be cool with that?? Naw man...I don't think so...

honestly ....I'd be fine with moving on from D'Lo and Randal and going with Paul George and making a run at Boogie Cousins after next season....
Warren Coolidge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:

teams that have players that allow you to go small and such ..yeah for them its not about positions ...

but I disagree that 19 year olds coming into the league today who have been starting for 3 years "don't care about who starts" .... D'Lo would be cool with coming off the bench?? We used #2 overall picks to draft Ingram and Ball to bring them in to come off the bench?? and they'd be cool with that?? Naw man...I don't think so...

honestly ....I'd be fine with moving on from D'Lo and Randal and going with Paul George and making a run at Boogie Cousins after next season....
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson, 28th pick and some future picks( I really do not care which one )....that's all....take it or leave it....he is FA next summer anyway.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Like Michael Corleone would say "nothing"
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson, Nance Jr, 28, 2020 first round pick
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Warren Coolidge wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:

Moving DLO and running with Ball as the primary ball handler would be a massive mistake.

1) Team needs all the shooting it can get, even assuming George and Ball come in. You don't trade your best shooter when your team is shooting deficient.

2) Lonzo would have to start doing a lot of things that he has basically never done to be the sole lead point guard, and that we're basically uncertain if he's going to be able to do at all. And he's a 19 year old rookie, who will likely need time to adjust. DLO fills a lot of these gaps, and allows him to play off the ball, which is where most Lonzo's scoring comes from.

3) If Ball translates as expected, DLO and Ball would benefit significantly playing off each other.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Take every single asset other than our best 3, and take Deng as well
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson + #28
Add one top 10 protected 1st round pick if they are willing to take Deng/moz
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

If I'm Magic, I just promise a signed ball from me and some 80s showtime, game used, never been washed skivvies, and a bag of Doritos.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

With him being a free agent and wanting to have a competitive roster I wouldn't trade #2, Ingram, Russell or Randle for him. I would part with Clarkson simply because he's kind of the odd man out if you go with a Russell/Ball backcourt and you want to clear out some salary in the deal. And I'd be willing to throw in Nance or Zubac as filler, along with #28. But that's as high as I'd go.

Clarkson/Nance/#28 or Clarkson/Zubac/#28 would be my final offer. Any more than that and you are better off trying to make other moves and then signing George next summer.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject:

Instead of something like Randle/Clarkson/28, I was hoping that they would take Deng along with that, if the other offers are feeble enough. But there might be a better way. If you could get Detroit to take JC and the #28 for the #12, we could then turn around and offer #12/Randle/Deng for PG. This might be far more palatable. Yes, Randle would need to get paid next season, but that would be mitigated by the fact that JC's salary would no longer be a consideration, and Indy would get a pretty valuable pick at #12 that would be a lot cheaper than JC. Randle might be a good fit next to Turner, who can space the floor, and Randle needs a 5 that can do that IMO. It's quite possible that no team could come close to a pick as high as #12 for PG, and if Randle is added, I think Indy might be happy to take Deng.

Time could be of the essence. With Zach Lowe's report that Indy would like a quick resolution to this, if we could present them with this offer, they may just take it.

I should add that we could simply not include Randle (and Deng) and just offer #12 and salary filler (maybe Brewer and Black) for PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject:

If we wanted to pursue PG13 in 2018, we'd likely have to move on from JC/Jules anyways as they represent about 25m in capholds together.

So my final offer would be:

Jules, JC, #28.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

#2 with Deng or

#28, Clarkson, Randle or

#28, Clarkson, Nance and Black or Brewer

#3 might be the most enticing package for the Pacers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

I'd also be willing to absorb Big Al's deal and give them Tarik Black, who has a non-guaranteed deal. Give the Pacers some cap relief to rebuild.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

A bag of peanuts
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Poll options are awful

Clarkson brewer 28 thats it. NO WAY are we moving any of the young core or future assets. Thatd be what the old regime would have done and we arent about that now.

I doubt Pacers would take that. So my guess is we let this play out and go all in for free agency in 18. To come back home, be the face of the NBAs premier franchise and be the Lebron to a bunch of young studs is an easy sell.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
If I'm Magic, I just promise a signed ball from me and some 80s showtime, game used, never been washed skivvies, and a bag of Doritos.

That's a cruel way to treat a rookie.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

a free agent contract in the summer of 2018.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: