2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1132, 1133, 1134 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
vicman wrote:
If you add George for a package of either clarkson or randle and picks and then pick ball we actually have a chance to be decent next year and be in a great spot to get other free agents. It is stupid to pass this chance up. The main pieces stay untouched but if you could get George without 2, Ingram or Russell, zubac and nance you got yourself a good team

It would be stupid to make that trade.

#1 Paul George doesn't want to be traded to the Lakers. He intends to sign as a free agent after the season.

#2 Adding Paul George doesn't make the Lakers a contender this year.

It would be stupid not to make a move, especially if Pacers are in talks with Cavs to move George. I guarantee if PG gets a sniff of making the finals, he won't be so content on coming to this hot mess of a team.
staticaa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Draft Jackson. This team needs toughness, grit, and defense.

Clarkson/P. Mills
Russell/Jackson
Ingram/Young/Brewer
Deng/Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Zubac/Black

Realistically what we would be looking at. I know Young and Black are not guaranteed, I'm just assuming here. We are capped out here for sure.

Now we look to package either Deng or Mozgov. It's our only hope.

Randle/Clarkson/#28/Young/Black/Brewer/Deng/Mozgov. Make something happen.

#2 picks don't come off the bench lol. Draft Ball
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
vicman wrote:
If you add George for a package of either clarkson or randle and picks and then pick ball we actually have a chance to be decent next year and be in a great spot to get other free agents. It is stupid to pass this chance up. The main pieces stay untouched but if you could get George without 2, Ingram or Russell, zubac and nance you got yourself a good team

It would be stupid to make that trade.

#1 Paul George doesn't want to be traded to the Lakers. He intends to sign as a free agent after the season.

#2 Adding Paul George doesn't make the Lakers a contender this year.

It would be stupid not to make a move, especially if Pacers are in talks with Cavs to move George. I guarantee if PG gets a sniff of making the finals, he won't be so content on coming to this hot mess of a team.

Remember love wanted to come to la till he got a taste of winning. If Houston, Cleveland,bosotn or spurs trade for George forget about him coming
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Clarkson/P. Mills
Russell/Jackson
Ingram/Young/Brewer
Deng/Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Zubac/Black

Realistically what we would be looking at. I know Young and Black are not guaranteed, I'm just assuming here. We are capped out here for sure.

Looking at that lineup (with JJ in the bench as well), I dont think I can handle an unintentional tank year. Especially since our pick can end up going to Boston.

I'm just saying go into next season like this. This is a foundation. They should look to probably move Clarkson and Deng probably two different moves. Include #28 with Deng and hope for the best. Also maybe a Nick Young, Black, or Brewer expiring.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
epak wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Clarkson/P. Mills
Russell/Jackson
Ingram/Young/Brewer
Deng/Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Zubac/Black

Looking at that lineup (with JJ in the bench as well), I dont think I can handle an unintentional tank year. Especially since our pick can end up going to Boston.

I'm just saying go into next season like this. This is a foundation. They should look to probably move Clarkson and Deng probably two different moves. Include #28 with Deng and hope for the best. Also maybe a Nick Young, Black, or Brewer expiring.

I think our team needs shooting.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:

Let's just say if DLo proves to be a far more effective PG than Lonzo which should be assumed considering Lonzo will be a rookie. In this scenario would Lonzo be a better SG option at #2 in comparison to Jackson??

DLO is nowhere near Lonzo Ball as far as court awareness or passing. Not even close.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but look for Lonzo to be a FAR more effective passer from Day 1.

Not really bad news considering there's far more to being a great PG besides being considered a great passer at the college level. If we go back to the summer of 2015 we were essentially hearing the same gernational passer comments about Russel and it was backed up by what we witnessed his Freshman season.

So the question becomes if DLo, the last generational passer to be drafted prior to Ball has struggled to turn the franchise around why are we so sure Ball will come in and transform to team? Especially when we consider that along with the great passing credentials DLo arrived with he's definitely a far more diverse and impactfactful individual offensive player. Handles, post game, strength even if he attacks the paint less than he average PG he still does it 100 times better than Ball.
Valid.

I'm basically at the point where the real question the Lakers should asking themselves is which one of JJ and Ball has the brightest ceiling as a SG. And part of that evaluation is determining what skills are best served at the SG position and which if the two is strongest in those areas. To me it's a no brainer which of the two prospects grades out better at the SG position both offensively and defensively. FYI most SG's in the league aren't elite level 3pt shooters.

The guy that can shoot is usually the best shooting guard.

Not when you compare him to someone that can not only score, but defend multiple positions. rebound, attack the basket, bring perpetual intensity, a quality passer.

So explain to me again using logic how the one demensional shooter or passer is a better prospect that a multi skilled prospect?

I'll wait.

Lonzo Ball is not one dimensional. He's does most everything well and more things at an elite level.

Most everything...can you be a little more specific...passing/driving/rebounding/takes over the game when points needed/defends the opponents best shooter?

Pretty much
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
epak wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Clarkson/P. Mills
Russell/Jackson
Ingram/Young/Brewer
Deng/Randle/Nance
Mozgov/Zubac/Black

if it only took 28 to dump deng, it would have been done by now
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:

Let's just say if DLo proves to be a far more effective PG than Lonzo which should be assumed considering Lonzo will be a rookie. In this scenario would Lonzo be a better SG option at #2 in comparison to Jackson??

DLO is nowhere near Lonzo Ball as far as court awareness or passing. Not even close.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but look for Lonzo to be a FAR more effective passer from Day 1.

Not really bad news considering there's far more to being a great PG besides being considered a great passer at the college level. If we go back to the summer of 2015 we were essentially hearing the same gernational passer comments about Russel and it was backed up by what we witnessed his Freshman season.

So the question becomes if DLo, the last generational passer to be drafted prior to Ball has struggled to turn the franchise around why are we so sure Ball will come in and transform to team? Especially when we consider that along with the great passing credentials DLo arrived with he's definitely a far more diverse and impactfactful individual offensive player. Handles, post game, strength even if he attacks the paint less than he average PG he still does it 100 times better than Ball.
Valid.

I'm basically at the point where the real question the Lakers should asking themselves is which one of JJ and Ball has the brightest ceiling as a SG. And part of that evaluation is determining what skills are best served at the SG position and which if the two is strongest in those areas. To me it's a no brainer which of the two prospects grades out better at the SG position both offensively and defensively. FYI most SG's in the league aren't elite level 3pt shooters.

Not when you compare him to someone that can not only score, but defend multiple positions. rebound, attack the basket, bring perpetual intensity, a quality passer.

So explain to me again using logic how the one demensional shooter or passer is a better prospect that a multi skilled prospect?

I'll wait.

Lonzo Ball is not one dimensional. He's does most everything well and more things at an elite level.

Most everything...can you be a little more specific...passing/driving/rebounding/takes over the game when points needed/defends the opponents best shooter?

Pretty much

Yes. Did he NOT watch the games?
The only thing you might not find is the "defend best player" cuz they played a zone a lot. And they played that stupid scheme to go over the screen against UK. Why would you do that Alford?!
senthus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LongTimeLurk wrote:

Valid.

I'll wait.

Pretty much

Yes. Did he NOT watch the games?
The only thing you might not find is the "defend best player" cuz they played a zone a lot. And they played that stupid scheme to go over the screen against UK. Why would you do that Alford?!

maybe alford was on medication that game
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19676744/los-angeles-lakers-trying-acquire-another-first-round-pick-nba-draft

Quote:

Lakers looking to add another 1st round draft pick, sources say

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to acquire another first round pick in this Thursday's NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.

The Lakers have engaged at least two other teams in the lottery, sources said, as they search for players to improve their outside shooting and perimeter defense.

Los Angeles holds both the second and 28th picks in this year's draft. While their have been inquires on the No. 2 pick, sources said it remains unlikely the Lakers would trade out of that position.

Los Angeles is giving strong consideration to UCLA's Lonzo Ball, Kansas' Josh Jackson and Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox with the No. 2 pick. Ball hosted a second workout for the Lakers on Friday -- the only team he has worked out for or interviewed with. Last week Ball was considering talking to teams below the Lakers in the lottery, but sources said he still has yet to schedule any additional meetings.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19676744/los-angeles-lakers-trying-acquire-another-first-round-pick-nba-draft

Quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers are trying to acquire another first round pick in this Thursday's NBA draft, league sources told ESPN.

The Lakers have engaged at least two other teams in the lottery, sources said, as they search for players to improve their outside shooting and perimeter defense.

Los Angeles holds both the second and 28th picks in this year's draft. While their have been inquires on the No. 2 pick, sources said it remains unlikely the Lakers would trade out of that position.

Los Angeles is giving strong consideration to UCLA's Lonzo Ball, Kansas' Josh Jackson and Kentucky's De'Aaron Fox with the No. 2 pick. Ball hosted a second workout for the Lakers on Friday -- the only team he has worked out for or interviewed with. Last week Ball was considering talking to teams below the Lakers in the lottery, but sources said he still has yet to schedule any additional meetings.

WOOHOOOOO!!! this draft is great. But uh, this could also be for a PG13 trade....
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
And it makes sense considering the PG news.
We don't want the pick for ourselves.
We want it for the trade!
Believe!!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
Believe!!!

Hmm....HMM...the question is if it's not trying to split the 2 into say sacramentos 5 and 10...then who or what is being considered as trade bait for another first rounder?
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
Believe!!!

DLo for Sac's 5 & 10! Haha
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
epak wrote:
rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
Believe!!!

DLo for Sac's 5 & 10! Haha

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

I wonder who in the first round got them going after another first round pick and what they are trying to trade for said pick.
betterthanhalf
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers were to wait for PG13, I wonder if Sac would do Clarkson and #28 for #10.

I think the Lakers want Kennard.

Ball, Kennard, and PG13 in '18, not bad.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Fox is still getting strong consideration per that article
Sherlock31
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
epak wrote:
rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
Believe!!!

Hmm....HMM...the question is if it's not trying to split the 2 into say sacramentos 5 and 10...then who or what is being considered as trade bait for another first rounder?

Clarkson for Det's 12th pick will be my guess
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

Sherlock31 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
epak wrote:
rybee wrote:

Quote:

Yep. Old but yep.
Believe!!!

Clarkson for Det's 12th pick is my guess

I think that could be possible, though I think we'd have to give up #28 too. I don't think it makes sense for Sacto, because they are in rebuild mode and JC doesn't really change their timeline. But a team like Detroit apparently wants a vet that can help them get into the playoffs, so maybe if we traded them JC and #28 for #12 it's something that could work for both teams. (I think that JC for #12 by itself is highway robbery for us.)

From DET's perspective, perhaps they could then turn around and trade Reggie Jackson (who makes about $4-5MM more than JC per year over the next 3 seasons) for whatever they can get, whether that's a late 1st rounder or perhaps even a couple of 2nd's.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject:

Got a question, who would you rather the Lakers draft?

Zach Collins at 10-15

or Isaiah Hartenstein at 28?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Zach Collins at 10-15

I'd love either. I think a question in people's minds is Kennard or Collins in the late lotto, Collins all day! I'm not sure if Kennard is a starter
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zach Collins at 10-15

I'd love either. I think a question in people's minds is Kennard or Collins in the late lotto, Collins all day! I'm not sure if Kennard is a starter

I want to trust those analytics on Collins, I really do. But I'm still scared from the fact that Gonzaga plays the vast majority of its games against the likes of Sacred Heart Of Mary High School-type teams!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zach Collins at 10-15

I want to trust those analytics on Collins, I really do. But I'm still scared from the fact that Gonzaga plays the vast majority of its games against the likes of Sacred Heart Of Mary High School-type teams!

lolol
I think he's more of a sure thing than most year's late lotto - I'm a believer in him. He really is active on defense and looks for blocks to help. The only question (big question) is if he has NBA 3pt range -- questioned by DX (and I agree when I look at his stroke)
But in terms of being a 'basketball player', he really is - he makes plays. And he's a solid athlete/measureables
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

Zach Collins at 10-15

lolol
I think he's more of a sure thing than most year's late lotto - I'm a believer in him. He really is active on defense and looks for blocks to help. The only question (big question) is if he has NBA 3pt range -- questioned by DX (and I agree when I look at his stroke)
But in terms of being a 'basketball player', he really is - he makes plays. And he's a solid athlete/measureables

All kidding aside, I think he's certainly worth a pick anywhere around 10 or 12.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1132, 1133, 1134 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1133 of 1281
Jump to: