PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
No, he is one of our core players. We will need him if we want to win anything with George. George is planning on coming here in free agency, so wasting any of our young core is ridiculous

Don't understand why people keep glossing over that part of the report.

Paul George doesn't want the Lakers trading away assets to get him. Ramona Shelbourne has said the Lakers aren't trading away young assets to get PG13.

All this guessing about what the Pacers will do is pointless. They have NO leverage. All they can do is take whatever a team gives them. Someone said if they took a bad deal people would be upset, but the worst possible scenario for Indiana is going into next season with PG13 on their roster after he's confirmed he has no intention of staying. The players aren't going to respond well to that and the fans will stop showing up or show up just to boo PG.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Yes, you pay players that win you games. That's how the nba works

You know that is highly debatable but I digress.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject:

Truck Turner wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
No, he is one of our core players. We will need him if we want to win anything with George. George is planning on coming here in free agency, so wasting any of our young core is ridiculous

Don't understand why people keep glossing over that part of the report.

Paul George doesn't want the Lakers trading away assets to get him. Ramona Shelbourne has said the Lakers aren't trading away young assets to get PG13.

All this guessing about what the Pacers will do is pointless. They have NO leverage. All they can do is take whatever a team gives them. Someone said if they took a bad deal people would be upset, but the worst possible scenario for Indiana is going into next season with PG13 on their roster after he's confirmed he has no intention of staying. The players aren't going to respond well to that and the fans will stop showing up or show up just to boo PG.

I agree Indy has a very short leash tied around their necks.

What they won't do however is to compound the misery of losing PG by getting bad contracts in return i.e. MoZ and Deng.

It is in the best interest (in the long run) of the Lakers to sweeten the PG deal if we want it to happen this year not because of urgency but because of future dealings with the rest of the League.

Magic will not make it appear like highway robbery if he decides to pull the trigger.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject:

Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

Indi gets: 2nd + 28th + mozgov
lakers get: PG13 + unloading mozgov

basically we are trading for Blake... because by making this trade we open enough cap for him .. get it all done this season...

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

basically we are trading for Blake... because by making this trade we open enough cap for him .. get it all done this season...

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle

Why would we trade the #2 when the Pacers have no leverage...?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

Grain of salt, but...

Steve Kyler‏
Verified account
 @stevekylerNBA 8m
8 minutes ago

More
Steve Kyler Retweeted Jeff Roberts
Zero interest in Love from Pacers side would require a third team.

Yeah, I didn't think the Pacers would have any interest in actually taking Love. If they move PG, they are going into a rebuild, not looking to retool.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle

What's the difference on the contracts Clippers and Lakers can offer in terms of $$$?

If you are willing to trade #2 for PG and unload either MOZ or Deng. I think Indy will bite without asking for the 28th.

No one would trade the #2 pick though.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:

Magic will not make it appear like highway robbery if he decides to pull the trigger.

Why the F not?

I heard this over and over again during the Jerry West years. Pure nonsense.

Danny Ainge keeps robbing people.

Again and again.

If it weren't for player collusion creating super teams Boston would be well on its way to another dynasty.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Grain of salt, but...

Steve Kyler‏
Verified account
 @stevekylerNBA 8m
8 minutes ago

More
Steve Kyler Retweeted Jeff Roberts
Zero interest in Love from Pacers side would require a third team.

Yeah, I didn't think the Pacers would have any interest in actually taking Love. If they move PG, they are going into a rebuild, not looking to retool.

nice
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
watchME wrote:
Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle

What's the difference on the contracts Clippers and Lakers can offer in terms of $$$?

If you are willing to trade #2 for PG and unload either MOZ or Deng. I think Indy will bite without asking for the 28th.

No one would trade the #2 pick though.

The Clippers can offer 5 years and slightly larger annual raises than any other team can offer. The Lakers can offer 4 years. The starting salary in year one would be the same. I could be wrong, but my rough math tells me that the Clippers can offer 5 years and about $175MM, while the Lakers or any other team could offer 4 years and about $130MM.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why the F not?

Again and again.

If it weren't for player collusion creating super teams Boston would be well on its way to another dynasty.

So your idea to impress your peers as a first year NBA team president is to "rob people". Good luck with that.

Did you think Ainge was as murderous as he was when he was starting?

Look at the big picture.

Like what I said, Ainge is Littlefinger. First build a whore house, then an empire.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject:

Basically we are going to know before the draft whether or not we'll trade for him because if we do then the 28th pick is going to involved without a doubt.

The Pacers just lost what little leverage they have in a trade; they are either going to get fleeced (relatively speaking) with a deal like JC/Brewer/28 or they are going to lose him in the summer for nothing. Frankly the deal above is pretty much all I'd offer them now unless they go full (bleep) and take Deng or Mozgov off our books at the same time.

I don't see the Cavs making a move and from what all the reputable sources are saying other teams are timid of making a deal because they feel it'll be a one year rental.

I said not long ago that we'd fleece them in a Pau-like trade at the trade deadline this year. If this actually happens then what I thought would happen is just occurring earlier than I expected.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
watchME wrote:
Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle

Because i want to dump mozgovs 18M so i can sign griffin this summer.. and i want pg13 this season. I also think russell is a better Pg than ball or fultz and a better player.
rockyp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Basically we are going to know before the draft whether or not we'll trade for him because if we do then the 28th pick is going to involved without a doubt.

The Pacers just lost what little leverage they have in a trade; they are either going to get fleeced (relatively speaking) with a deal like JC/Brewer/28 or they are going to lose him in the summer for nothing. Frankly the deal above is pretty much all I'd offer them now unless they go full (bleep) and take Deng or Mozgov off our books at the same time.

I don't see the Cavs making a move and from what all the reputable sources are saying other teams are timid of making a deal because they feel it'll be a one year rental.

I said not long ago that we'd fleece them in a Pau-like trade at the trade deadline this year. If this actually happens then what I thought would happen is just occurring earlier than I expected.

Salaries don't match. They might ask for multiple future 1st and we'll add Deng to sweeten the deal.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject:

Best move Magic and Rob can do is to wait for trade deadline. Pacers will start to panic and that is the chance to get PG13 for nothing. At the trade deadline no one is going to pull the trigger for him because for other teams there is no sense. It will be few months rental.
We can get him for quite cheap price if we just wait. To have PG13 this season doesn't mean anything to us anyway.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Batguano wrote:
watchME wrote:
Sign blake griffin

trade for PG13

PG.D'lo
SG.PG13
SF.Ingram
PF.Griffin
C.Randle

Because i want to dump mozgovs 18M so i can sign griffin this summer.. and i want pg13 this season. I also think russell is a better Pg than ball or fultz and a better player.

Blake griffin is not worth trading away the #2 pick for at all.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

LakerSanity wrote:
Emplay tweeted a reminder that Russell and Randle share George's agent. I don't think Randle or Russell are going anywhere in a George trade, and certainly Ingram isn't. I seriously doubt they sacrifice Ball to get him given the indications he is coming here.

Consequently, that pretty much leaves Nance, Zubac, Black, Clarkson, #28 pick, our two second round picks and our 2020 1st round pick as the assets to use. I'd be surprised if they gave up Zubac or Nance (and I wouldn't), but that's the probably the world they are talking about/considering.

Well, I was thinking a team like Philly could use Clarkson off the bench, and they have plenty of future first round picks to trade, so I was thinking something like this.

Philly gets Clarkson, and we get Gerald Henderson and a first round pick.

Pacers get Brewer, Henderson, 28th, Philly pick, Right to Swap pick in 2019, and 2020 first rounder.

So they get expiring contracts, and three first round pick from the Lakers.

Lakers get George, Not a great deal for Paces, but I don't believe no team is going to trade a lottery pick for George right now.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

rockyp wrote:
El Seano wrote:

Salaries don't match. They might ask for multiple future 1st and we'll add Deng to sweeten the deal.

JC and Brewer will get the deal done salaries-wise.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hs8stcl
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Best move Magic and Rob can do is to wait for trade deadline. Pacers will start to panic and that is the chance to get PG13 for nothing. At the trade deadline no one is going to pull the trigger for him because for other teams there is no sense. It will be few months rental.
We can get him for quite cheap price if we just wait. To have PG13 this season doesn't mean anything to us anyway.

I think that they are going to move him within the next 48 hours. The entire league is aware that he would leave at the end of the year. They are up against it. They just have to take the best offer that they can get right now. The offers will be worse if they actually went into the season with him on the roster, and it would create a really awkward situation for the Pacers and their fans all year. If I had to bet, I'd say that this all gets done before the end of Tuesday night.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why the F not?

Again and again.

So your idea to impress your peers as a first year NBA team president is to "rob people". Good luck with that.

Look at the big picture.

Like what I said, Ainge is Littlefinger. First build a whore house, then an empire.

The big picture is you get the best deal you possible can and if the other gm is a chump you take advantage of him.

The other gms will probably have more respect for him and less for the guy he swindled.

The other gms are our competitors and will do anything to get ahead. All other gms aren't to be trusted
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Indiana in panic mode is what scares me.

Worst case scenario: Pacers panic on the trade deadline and deals PG to the Cavs. They sweep everyone on their way to the East Finals. They lose to the Dubs in 7.

Do you think PG would still want to play here?

I may be wrong but the best time to trade for him is now when the Pacers are willing and now, while the waters are still.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

I think that they are going to move him within the next 48 hours. The entire league is aware that he would leave at the end of the year. They are up against it. They just have to take the best offer that they can get right now. The offers will be worse if they actually went into the season with him on the roster, and it would create a really awkward situation for the Pacers and their fans all year. If I had to bet, I'd say that this all gets done before the end of Tuesday night.

Agreed. Not only is this a PR (bleep) storm for the Pacers why would you want to go into a season with your best player having actively said he will leave at the end of it. It's a wasted season. At least if you trade you can begin your rebuild a season earlier with a higher lottery pick.

Either way this has been about as confident as I have ever been that PG will be a Laker; the question now is whether it is this summer or next.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why the F not?

Again and again.

Look at the big picture.

The big picture is you get the best deal you possible can and if the other gm is a chump you take advantage of him.

The other gms will probably have more respect for him and less for the guy he swindled.

The other gms are our competitors and will do anything to get ahead. All other gms aren't to be trusted

I'm interested, where and when did you learn all of these?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Why the F not?

Again and again.

Look at the big picture.

I'm interested, where and when did you learn all of these?

Well a good movie to watch is Money Ball but really its just human nature. survival of the fittest
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
We can only take back Ellis or Jefferson if they take Deng or Mozgov

No, we can take back one of them if the trade is made after July 1.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 117 of 1028
Jump to: