OFFICIAL 2017 FREE AGENCY (Lakers sign Bogut)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 1813, 1814, 1815  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27618

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

4 Free Agents to consider signing this offseason
A look at four potential targets the Los Angeles Lakers may wish to pursue during the off-season.

Quote:
With the upcoming free agency period, the Los Angeles Lakers are presented with another opportunity to acquire players to fill their roster with more talent as they hope to improve last seasonís record of 26-56.

For this to be done, the Lakers would benefit from looking into players that are able to fulfill two of the teamís main weaknesses that plagued them during their 2016-2017 campaign.


http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/19/los-angeles-lakers-4-free-agents-to-consider-signing-this-offseason/
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15735

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Iggy would be a sweet backup Vet. I like him over Livingston.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 9240

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Iggy would be a sweet backup Vet. I like him over Livingston.


He's 33 so he can join the old golden parachute group of Deng/Moz. No thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15735

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
epak wrote:
Iggy would be a sweet backup Vet. I like him over Livingston.


He's 33 so he can join the old golden parachute group of Deng/Moz. No thanks.


Smart vet. Knows the system. Actually has some game left in him.
And I dont think he would get paid $16 or $18.
Mozgov at $12M would have been OK.
Deng at $9M would have been OK.
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Iggy would be a sweet backup Vet. I like him over Livingston.


If we get PG13, 1 year 24m deal for Iggy.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

I told you guys Iggy aint taking no less money from the warriors.

its his last paycheck. he has won 2 rings before. time now to go get that paycheck
_________________
Now Playing: The Zo Show @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
I told you guys Iggy aint taking no less money from the warriors.

its his last paycheck. he has won 2 rings before. time now to go get that paycheck


Could it be he's posturing with the Warriors FO so they pay him up? I mean, is he really going to join [insert bottom 5 team] for just $?"
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 9401
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

As long as we're not paying Iggy a (bleep) ton of money I don't mind him for us. Think he stays with the Warriors though for like 5-8 million
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 28791
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

Iggy to the cavs
_________________
also sprach magic johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 12335
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

I doubt we will need Iggy with Ingram and PG13 on the roster, we will probably look to add shooters and anchors
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
As long as we're not paying Iggy a (bleep) ton of money I don't mind him for us. Think he stays with the Warriors though for like 5-8 million


I think both sides compromise.

Something like 3 years at 11-12m/year.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3280

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
4 Free Agents to consider signing this offseason
A look at four potential targets the Los Angeles Lakers may wish to pursue during the off-season.

Quote:
With the upcoming free agency period, the Los Angeles Lakers are presented with another opportunity to acquire players to fill their roster with more talent as they hope to improve last seasonís record of 26-56.

For this to be done, the Lakers would benefit from looking into players that are able to fulfill two of the teamís main weaknesses that plagued them during their 2016-2017 campaign.


http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/06/19/los-angeles-lakers-4-free-agents-to-consider-signing-this-offseason/


Really like a couple of the suggestions in the article. Ennis and Holiday.

Sign them. Draft Ball and Bradley (or preferred big man defender) and lets see what we got.

Let Walton coach. Let the young players develop. See if they can compete for the 8th spot and let FAs choose to join next summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2013
Posts: 9401
Location: Salem, OR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
As long as we're not paying Iggy a (bleep) ton of money I don't mind him for us. Think he stays with the Warriors though for like 5-8 million


I think both sides compromise.

Something like 3 years at 11-12m/year.

Yeah if Nick can get around 5-8 million, Iggy can be expected to get that much as well even though he has fallen off a bit on both ends since his Finals MVP (that's still crazy to me that he won that)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
As long as we're not paying Iggy a (bleep) ton of money I don't mind him for us. Think he stays with the Warriors though for like 5-8 million


I think both sides compromise.

Something like 3 years at 11-12m/year.

Yeah if Nick can get around 5-8 million, Iggy can be expected to get that much as well even though he has fallen off a bit on both ends since his Finals MVP (that's still crazy to me that he won that)


He's going to go to a team (maybe Pelinka helps an old client) and get a "they offered me $18m/year" to "settle" for 10-12m/year.
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27618

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Sources: Andre Iguodala Ė core part of Warriors titles Ė plans to seriously consider free-agent overtures elsewhere.

_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
I told you guys Iggy aint taking no less money from the warriors.

its his last paycheck. he has won 2 rings before. time now to go get that paycheck


Could it be he's posturing with the Warriors FO so they pay him up? I mean, is he really going to join [insert bottom 5 team] for just $?"


atleast for me, Iggy comes as a guy who will take most $$$.

but maybe you are right
_________________
Now Playing: The Zo Show @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 27618

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Sources: Kevin Durant to decline option, re-sign with Warriors

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors superstar Kevin Durant will decline his player option for the 2017-18 season and technically become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, but he will re-sign with the team, league sources tell ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19681613/kevin-durant-decline-option-re-sign-warriors
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 83813

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
I told you guys Iggy aint taking no less money from the warriors.

its his last paycheck. he has won 2 rings before. time now to go get that paycheck


Could it be he's posturing with the Warriors FO so they pay him up? I mean, is he really going to join [insert bottom 5 team] for just $?"


atleast for me, Iggy comes as a guy who will take most $$$.

but maybe you are right


Isn't he into being a VC or working with the SCV folks?
_________________
2018:
Ball
PG13
BI
Kuz
Boogie

Keep Jules
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 121605
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Iggy would be a sweet backup Vet. I like him over Livingston.


So does GS, that is why Livingston could be available, and I would like to see him here.
_________________
#lakerclownshow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 502

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I would take iggy or livingston just to weaken GS's depth. Also, I don't want cousins anywhere near staples unless its in an opposing jersey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3339

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @WojVerticalNBA 24s24 seconds ago
For now, LA resisting salary dumps on Mozgov or Deng needed to clear future space. Teams trying to snag pick/young player to absorb deals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 3280

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Sources: Kevin Durant to decline option, re-sign with Warriors

Quote:
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors superstar Kevin Durant will decline his player option for the 2017-18 season and technically become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, but he will re-sign with the team, league sources tell ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19681613/kevin-durant-decline-option-re-sign-warriors


The significant point is he is planning on taking a few million less then the max in order to allow the Warriors a better chance at keeping free agents like Iguodala.

If the Lakers are able to land George or other free agents that remains the key to success. No max contracts. Convince them and any current players re-signing to less then max contracts for the benefit of the team.

Not sure the Lakers are in that place yet!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 8452
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

Ramona Shelburne‏
Verified account
†@ramonashelburne 4m
4 minutes ago

More
Dwyane Wade is leaning towards picking up his $24 million option for next season

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's just too much money to leave on the table.
_________________
"The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers are on the air!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 38766

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
I told you guys Iggy aint taking no less money from the warriors.

its his last paycheck. he has won 2 rings before. time now to go get that paycheck


Could it be he's posturing with the Warriors FO so they pay him up? I mean, is he really going to join [insert bottom 5 team] for just $?"


atleast for me, Iggy comes as a guy who will take most $$$.

but maybe you are right


Iggy, Livingston, etc had been huge for the Warriors. They eventually are going to start losing guys. Guys want to get paid at some point, Livingston and Iggy should be targets....I think Iggy will want too much money but I would look hard at Livinston, real hard.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 15735

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Ramona Shelburne‏
Verified account
†@ramonashelburne 4m
4 minutes ago

More
Dwyane Wade is leaning towards picking up his $24 million option for next season

This doesn't surprise me at all. It's just too much money to leave on the table.


Poor Chicago.
Can they do a youth movement by trading Butler while having Wade around?
_________________
2018: Lonzo . PG12 . BI . Kuzma . Dedmon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 749, 750, 751 ... 1813, 1814, 1815  Next
Page 750 of 1815
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB