PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
So, realistically, I wonder what deal gets the Lakers, George?

Sorry, but some of proposed deals here are laughable. Indiana isn't that desperate and stupid. You have to put at least a decent package together.

I mean, the 28 + Mozgov? Really??? Dumb trade idea.

Just because we are only hearing about the Cavs, I bet other teams are also calling.

The Lakers aren't trying to deal for George.

DING DING DING!

Lakers are just laughing and watching the Pacers go on a panic trying to unload George now.

They'll wait until they can offer Pacers a low ball deal for George. Likely Clarkson, another piece, exp contract, later picks.

If Indiana says "no", Lakers will say "okay" and walk away.

If Indiana convinces the Cavs to take the rental risk, Lakers will just say "ok, good luck Gilbert." Then Pelinka and Mintz go hangout in the bar together talking about what jersey # George would like to wear when he comes here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
All you guys with trade scenarios involving Russell/Randle, going to repost this:

Quote:
@EricPincus

The calls to trade Randle or Russell to Indiana for Paul George should be tempered, they share and agent with Paul George, it's significant.

If you have been reading my words on Bleacher, the main expendable piece the Lakers can offer for George is Clarkson, may not be enough.

Mintz wants all 3 of his client in LA: Russell, Randle, George.

Magic have said Ingram is untouchable.

Lakers are likely willing to trade Clarkson but Indiana wants more.

This is why we probably decide to include to the 2nd pick if the Lakers don't want to part with a major young asset, the Lakers know there is a good chance that the Cavs or Celtics scoop in and steal PG13 away and knowing Magic he will probably offer the 2nd pick to make sure that they don't take any risks and chances.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Sorry, but some of proposed deals here are laughable. Indiana isn't that desperate and stupid. You have to put at least a decent package together.

Just because we are only hearing about the Cavs, I bet other teams are also calling.

DING DING DING!

Lakers are just laughing and watching the Pacers go on a panic trying to unload George now.

They'll wait until they can offer Pacers a low ball deal for George. Likely Clarkson, another piece, exp contract, later picks.

If Indiana convinces the Cavs to take the rental risk, Lakers will just say "ok, good luck Gilbert." Then Pelinka and Mintz go hangout in the bar together talking about what jersey # George would like to wear when he comes here.

Oh yeah what jersey number would PG wear here?

23?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Who's to say that they don't get a nice package from a Cleveland 3way trade.. You guys want to let PG13 go get a taste of true championship competitiveness?

Trade a late lotto pick, and couple fringe starter prospects for an allstar, who cares.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

Man, hope this isn't another letdown. I feel like we're always 1 year behind a major FA signing.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers still have the desire to have a player represent them at the All-Star game this season, then they'll trade for George.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Negotiations are not that rigid in real life.

Excellent people will exhaust all possibilities first before "walking away" from a deal they want to get done.

They are prepared to walk away though.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would do CLARKSON, #28 plus future 1st rounder
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

Realistically, would Sac give up the #5 AND #10 pick for the 2nd pick? Because we could then figure out a combination of Clarkson, 5th, 10th & 28th pick for PG. That would HAVE to get it done for indiana.. We would still have the 5th pick too.

im not saying to trade all of those but maybe trade clarkson, the 10th pick and a future conditional first rd pick. Throw in the 28th pick if they are playing hardball. I'm telling yall..we dont want to risk PG going to another team who is willing to overpay for a 1 year rental in hopes of convincing PG to stay next summer. Cause there is that chance that he will stay. And if all the FO had to do was throw in a measly pick to get PG, well then we are fools
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, hope this isn't another letdown. I feel like we're always 1 year behind a major FA signing.

This would be a trade.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Who's to say that they don't get a nice package from a Cleveland 3way trade.. You guys want to let PG13 go get a taste of true championship competitiveness?

Trade a late lotto pick, and couple fringe starter prospects for an allstar, who cares.

Read Sam Amick's report.

Will George stay if the team he's traded for wins a championship with him? Sure! Will Lakers take that chance? Of course they will.

But George has been in the ECF already, so anything short than a championship will not make him stay.

George's motivation is to "lift the Lakers, his home team, out of the darkness."

Read between the lines. He wants to be #1 banana.

So for him, being able to get the Lakers into the playoffs alone will be a huge check off his list. More so than making it deep into the playoffs with another team where he'll be someone's sidekick.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

If we acquire another pick in the 10-15 range that means it is being sent to Indiana as apart of the Paul George trade, I could see the Pacers being happy with a Zach Collins / Clarkson / Nance deal
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

If PG wants to win a chip he will stay in the EC for a chance to at least get to the finals. In the WC he won't have any chance with GS for the next 5+ years.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

Jordan-esque wrote:

Read Sam Amick's report.

Will George stay if the team he's traded for wins a championship with him? Sure! Will Lakers take that chance? Of course they will.

But George has been in the ECF already, so anything short than a championship will not make him stay.

George's motivation is to "lift the Lakers, his home team, out of the darkness."

So for him, being able to get the Lakers into the playoffs alone will be a huge check off his list. More so than making it deep into the playoffs with another team where he'll be someone's sidekick.

I agree. There's a reason why we've seen George land major commercials lately and guest on Jimmy Kimmel. He wants to be a major player in the league, not a #3 on Lebron's latest Super Team. Not living in Indy or Cleveland.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

Hero Ball wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Negotiations are not that rigid in real life.

Excellent people will exhaust all possibilities first before "walking away" from a deal they want to get done.

They are prepared to walk away though.

They are saying all the right things to support that thought. I have hopes that they truly stick to that strategy.

But when the excitement of making the blockbuster trade is staring them in the face. When the acquisition of George is tantalizingly sitting on the table if they add "just one more asset".

Are they truly prepared to walk away? This has concerned me since day one of the Magic/ Jeanie transition. Can they be patient enough to hold the line. We will see.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Read Sam Amick's report.

Amick... not even Paul George himself knows how he'll feel when a championship is literally within his grasp - it's the pinnacle of competitiveness, competing below it afterwards is less enthralling as a player. It's impossible for anyone to predict how he'll respond to that dynamic

The other dynamic is his role on a team - I doubt he wants to be a true #3 option --- so we'll have that leg up for sure.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
richmorgan12 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DING DING DING!

Read Sam Amick's report.

In a perfect world where one's word is never broken and minds don't change, I'd just wait for PG next year.

In a perfect world.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

Is it that far off to think that Josh Jackson could be just as good as Paul George though?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If PG wants to win a chip he will stay in the EC for a chance to at least get to the finals. In the WC he won't have any chance with GS for the next 5+ years.

I hear you, but to get the Lakers back to the playoffs and respectability would be a big accomplishment in and of itself.

And I don't buy the "GS winning the next 5" thing. A lot can happen, we need to worry about our team, not other teams.

If we can get George now while keeping the 2nd pick also? You have to do it, no more wasted seasons, it is time to start moving forward.

Last edited by LakerLanny on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons are said to be looking to move their No. 12 overall pick, and sources have told Amico Hoops the Pistons and Lakers may have already connected.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-nba-draft-paul-george/
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

Talking with the Pistons for their lottery pick.

Is Clarkson for Luer and 12 worth the trouble?

Last edited by datniggbstyle on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

So #12 pick will be apart of the PG13 deal I have to assume
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The Detroit Pistons are said to be looking to move their No. 12 overall pick, and sources have told Amico Hoops the Pistons and Lakers may have already connected.

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-nba-draft-paul-george/

I've been hoping the Lakers would be trying to get their 12th pick.

All the Pistons want is a vet in return so a guy like Clarkson is the perfect canidate for them.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

My sauces are telling me Paul George will be traded before the start of this season, and I'm hearing as early as Draft night. Stay tuned for more info.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

The arrogance being exhibited by our fanbase is astounding to me.... The iron is hot RIGHT NOW. Yes, it is ideal that we keep all of our assets. But sadly, WE don't control the timetable even if the Lakers are George's desired destination. The Pacers are ready to trade PG this week, and if thats the case then we are going to have to move...

Im not going to lie, the Cavs can afford the gamble of George and if they get the right third (aka, Portland) to be the third team then they actually can make a compelling offer to Indiana.

We don't have to trade the farm, but we need to secure our guy. The benefits outweigh the negatives. Keep Ingram and #2, but everything else is open for negotiation. We absolutely need to get this done.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 119 of 1028
Jump to: