2017 Lakers Draft Discussion Thread ** DRAFT DAY** (2: Ball, 27: Kuzma, 30: Hart and 42: Bryant )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1134, 1135, 1136 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got after Fultz?
Lonzo Ball
75%
 75%  [ 315 ]
Josh Jackson
15%
 15%  [ 64 ]
Jayson Tatum
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
De'Aaron Fox
4%
 4%  [ 20 ]
Malik Monk
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Jonathan Isaac
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 416

lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:
I'll take a stab at it. Note, this is pure speculation:

Take the D'Lo to Miami Trade rumor (with Justise Winslow tweeting something about D'Lo) and then mix that up with Magic and Riley being friends and talking with each other in person within the last 2 weeks (see the videos of them two together doing a talk), and then you just fill in the blanks:

D'Lo and Deng to Miami Heat

14 pick and Chris Bosh to Los Angeles Lakers

and then fill in whatever's left to make the trade even.

So, the reasoning behind D'Lo going to Miami is... truthfully there is no reason on my part, it's just that that's part of that rumor but if I had to guess, I would guess because they would want a promising young player back if they're going to trade pick number 14. Deng being included is obvious, Miami needs someone to replace Bosh, and Deng was there not 2 years ago and they know him and trust him and know that he can play the 4 as needed. The reason it's Deng and not Mozgov is because they have Whiteside, a young center, who will take most of the playing time at 5.

If I'm not mistaken (anyone chime in if I'm wrong of course), The reasoning for the Lakers would be, they would get Cap space by getting rid of Deng's contract and waiving Bosh's contract. Miami recently got permission to waive Bosh's contract because he's not medically cleared to play and people were wondering why they haven't done it yet. Well, this is why! So they can Trade it to a team that wants Cap Relief!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nbas-medical-review-reportedly-allows-miami-heat-waive-chris-bosh-clear-salary-230327288.html

Quote:
The medical ruling grants Miami crucial cap relief as it look to build on a 30-11 record over the latter half of this past season. Once the Heat place the 33-year-old Bosh on waivers, they’ll be roughly $37 million under the cap by the time free agency begins on July 1. If Bosh’s contract had remained on the books, it likely would have prevented the Heat from making significant additions to their roster. Now they have the opportunity to pursue some of this summer’s highest-profile free agents.

But of course it looks like they would have to do this trade before July 1st so that the Lakers can acquire Bosh's contract and then waive him before July 1st.

We get compensation for D'Lo with the number 14 pick also which can be anyone from Zach Collins, Frank Ntilikina, Luke Kennard or even Harry Giles (whoever ends up falling to 14). And if it's a center or forward that we pick at 14, it opens up more playing time for Lonzo or Fultz (whoever drops to us at 2) and the plethora of guards that we already have on our roster (Clarkson, Nwaba and Ennis) by moving D'Lo out of L.A.

---

Also, as a side note, isn't it interesting that the draft order for the first four picks is the same this year now as it was last year? A little weird.

Maybe we should use Ingram todump Mozgov contract also and we back in 2014
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
There are multiple reports that Magic likes Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox. Here is one of them, but there are many more if you care to look it up:

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/09/2017-nba-draft-lakers-locked-in-on-ball-fultz-fox-jackson-with-top-pick/

Obviously, Fultz is off the table. Assuming Magic is indifferent to the other 3, we should trade Deng and our pick to the Suns for the #4. We are guaranteed to get one of the 3 (I think we still end up with Ball). This should be the play all day long.

We off Deng, and then we can focus on offing Moz to the Nets for Lopez. We would have to throw in our other 1st (and maybe Clarkson).

suns only does this trade if they want Ball. Why else would they want to move to #2. As for dumping Moz and Deng....why who is signing here now? we can wait another year to dump them and the price will be smaller.

It will be harder to dump them both at the same time. I'm not necessarily saying that we can or will dump one right now, but if it's the right deal, it would be beneficial to dump one now so that we only have to dump one next summer, or, at worst, we can stretch the other one next summer.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:

Take the D'Lo to Miami Trade rumor (with Justise Winslow tweeting something about D'Lo) and then mix that up with Magic and Riley being friends and talking with each other in person within the last 2 weeks (see the videos of them two together doing a talk), and then you just fill in the blanks:

So, the reasoning behind D'Lo going to Miami is... truthfully there is no reason on my part, it's just that that's part of that rumor but if I had to guess, I would guess because they would want a promising young player back if they're going to trade pick number 14. Deng being included is obvious, Miami needs someone to replace Bosh, and Deng was there not 2 years ago and they know him and trust him and know that he can play the 4 as needed. The reason it's Deng and not Mozgov is because they have Whiteside, a young center, who will take most of the playing time at 5.

If I'm not mistaken (anyone chime in if I'm wrong of course), The reasoning for the Lakers would be, they would get Cap space by getting rid of Deng's contract and waiving Bosh's contract. Miami recently got permission to waive Bosh's contract because he's not medically cleared to play and people were wondering why they haven't done it yet. Well, this is why! So they can Trade it to a team that wants Cap Relief!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nbas-medical-review-reportedly-allows-miami-heat-waive-chris-bosh-clear-salary-230327288.html

Quote:
The medical ruling grants Miami crucial cap relief as it look to build on a 30-11 record over the latter half of this past season. Once the Heat place the 33-year-old Bosh on waivers, they’ll be roughly $37 million under the cap by the time free agency begins on July 1. If Bosh’s contract had remained on the books, it likely would have prevented the Heat from making significant additions to their roster. Now they have the opportunity to pursue some of this summer’s highest-profile free agents.

But of course it looks like they would have to do this trade before July 1st so that the Lakers can acquire Bosh's contract and then waive him before July 1st.

We get compensation for D'Lo with the number 14 pick also which can be anyone from Zach Collins, Frank Ntilikina, Luke Kennard or even Harry Giles (whoever ends up falling to 14). And if it's a center or forward that we pick at 14, it opens up more playing time for Lonzo or Fultz (whoever drops to us at 2) and the plethora of guards that we already have on our roster (Clarkson, Nwaba and Ennis) by moving D'Lo out of L.A.

---

Also, as a side note, isn't it interesting that the draft order for the first four picks is the same this year now as it was last year? A little weird.

This is a horrible trade idea. You can find other ways to move deng without giving up a 21 year old who as of now, is our best player
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject:

I thought that only the team that the player was on when the injury/illness was discovered could go the medical retirement route.

Is Bosh's medical retirement going to be different?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:

Statistically it was one of the most likely scenarios. 4 moved to 3, 1 and 2 stayed put. Not really weird
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

No one, I repeat, no one is taking Moz/Deng's lengthy, inflated contracts.

*(I'm going to keep saying that until someone actually takes them off our hands).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
There are multiple reports that Magic likes Fultz, Ball, Jackson, and Fox. Here is one of them, but there are many more if you care to look it up:

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2017/05/09/2017-nba-draft-lakers-locked-in-on-ball-fultz-fox-jackson-with-top-pick/

Obviously, Fultz is off the table. Assuming Magic is indifferent to the other 3, we should trade Deng and our pick to the Suns for the #4. We are guaranteed to get one of the 3 (I think we still end up with Ball). This should be the play all day long.

We off Deng, and then we can focus on offing Moz to the Nets for Lopez. We would have to throw in our other 1st (and maybe Clarkson).

I think the Suns would take Ball, with the idea that he and Booker would be their backcourt and that Ball's passing would make Booker (and other guys) better. I suppose it's possible that they could pass on him if they don't want to take a guy that they didn't work out, but I think they would take him. If we KNEW that they would take JJ though, and we like Ball the most, then, yes, this is a deal I would make if I could dump Deng. Because I think Boston would take Tatum at 3. But if we truly love Ball and think that he would be a culture changer for us, then I'm not sure we can risk it. It will be interesting to know what Magic and Rob and company's evaluation will be.

So many moving parts with everyone playing Russian Roulette. The Suns make the move if they feel they must leapfrog the Celtics. If the Suns love JJ or Tatum (I believe this is the direction they may go), they may not want to take the gamble of losing their guy.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
No one, I repeat, no one is taking Moz/Deng's lengthy, inflated contracts.

*(I'm going to keep saying that until someone actually takes them off our hands).

I agree.

We just gonna have to learn how to play them.
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:

Quote:

---

I'm sorry but this is an awful idea.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject:

If we're looking into trading back in to the lottery while keeping our # 2 pick...assuming BI and D lo are also off the table. It seems it has to be some combination of Randle, 28, Clarkson and Zubac as pieces.....

and the players in that mid to late lotto range seem most likely to be

Issac(maybe)
Lauri
Monk
DS Jr
Collins
Kennard (based on some of the recent draft reports I read, sounds like he may go a little higher than expected)

I don't think Clarkson alone gets you in the 6-10 lotto range, even if paired with the 28, so it would probably have to be those pieces with either Randle or Zubac, maybe even Nance

So are any combination of Lakers worth any one of those players?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@ramonashelburne

Lonzo Ball has yet to schedule any talks or meetings with other teams. Lakers remain the only team he's worked out for.

Last days for workout / meetings is tomorrow right? Ball sticking with his confidence he's talked about that he'll be a Laker.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject:

I think Lonzo is a laker....the lakers are just being low key....he's still who'd I want at 2 (assuming no fultz)
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

My guess after flopping between Josh Jackson and Lonzo Ball.

Both only worked out with the Lakers and today is the last day to workout any draft prospect. Now, this trade we are rumored to try and get another lottery pick doesn't look good for Lonzo Ball.

At the end of the lottery I see more potential at the guard spot than any other position. Fox, DSJ, Maliek Monk. Aside from Monk the other two has come in for workouts. Also, I don't know we pick a lottery player and not have brought them in, especially with our "due dilligence."I feel that barring a trade, Lonzo will be the pick. If a trade does happen, it will be on draft day that could nab us Josh Jackson and DSJ.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject:

Now, if the trade for a draft pick means PG13 is coming to town. Lonzo is definitely the pick
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@ramonashelburne

Lonzo Ball has yet to schedule any talks or meetings with other teams. Lakers remain the only team he's worked out for.

Last days for workout / meetings is tomorrow right? Ball sticking with his confidence he's talked about that he'll be a Laker.

I thought Monday was the last day.
And there's a new ZO2 Lakers color sandal coming out. So there's that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Looks like there is a good chance we acquire another lottery pick
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reasoning for it being a good chance?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reasoning for it being a good chance?

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los-angeles-lakers-nba-draft-paul-george/
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
I thought that only the team that the player was on when the injury/illness was discovered could go the medical retirement route.

Is Bosh's medical retirement going to be different?

@Bard207, Hmmn, maybe you're right. Well, then the "solution" would be for Miami to waive Bosh's contract and, in this speculative scenario, use their capspace to eat up Deng's contract.

And Yeah, D'Lo's great and everything and everybody loves him and stuff, But, this trade is uneven (D'Lo for this year's 14th pick) because, in this speculative scenario based on an extrapolated rumor, Miami is doing the Lakers a favor by eating one of our bad contracts, so, in turn, we end up "paying" for that favor with the unevenness of the D'Lo and 14th pick trade. Both sides get something good (Lakers get the 14th pick and get rid of Deng's Contract, and Miami gets D'Lo) and both sides have to pay for that "goodness" (Lakers pay in the unevenness of the trade and Miami by eating Deng's Contract).

--

Chronicle wrote:
AmoebaD wrote:

Statistically it was one of the most likely scenarios. 4 moved to 3, 1 and 2 stayed put. Not really weird

NBA Draft order 2016: 1. Philly, 2. Lakers, 3. Boston, 4. Phoenix
NBA Draft order 2017: 1. Philly, 2. Lakers, 3. Boston, 4. Phoenix

---

Some Lonzo Media:

Isiah Thomas interviews Lonzo Ball (and gives him some tips) in his back yard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcPcGtBHOJw

You Can't Always Get What You Want
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:
NBA Draft order 2016: 1. Philly, 2. Lakers, 3. Boston, 4. Phoenix
NBA Draft order 2017: 1. Philly, 2. Lakers, 3. Boston, 4. Phoenix

Well sure but the order was originally

1 Boston 2 Lakers 3 Philly

until they made that trade

Either way, celtics may be the luckiest team of all time with these damn picks they keep getting from brooklyn
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
vicman wrote:
If you add George for a package of either clarkson or randle and picks and then pick ball we actually have a chance to be decent next year and be in a great spot to get other free agents. It is stupid to pass this chance up. The main pieces stay untouched but if you could get George without 2, Ingram or Russell, zubac and nance you got yourself a good team

It would be stupid to make that trade.

#1 Paul George doesn't want to be traded to the Lakers. He intends to sign as a free agent after the season.

#2 Adding Paul George doesn't make the Lakers a contender this year.

It would be stupid not to make a move, especially if Pacers are in talks with Cavs to move George. I guarantee if PG gets a sniff of making the finals, he won't be so content on coming to this hot mess of a team.

Remember love wanted to come to la till he got a taste of winning. If Houston, Cleveland,bosotn or spurs trade for George forget about him coming

Then who cares. If we trade away assets our team around him gets weaker. Our window to win a championship won't be until our young guys are 25-26 years old. Even if you add more free agents we are not beating GSW. They have two top 5 players and 4 all-stars in their primes right now.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

AmoebaD wrote:

please don't a stab at it man. you don't trade a player with potential in salary dump
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
AmoebaD wrote:

please don't a stab at it man. you don't trade a player with potential in salary dump

Please put the knife down.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@TheUndefeated

If you thought De’Aaron @SwipaTheFox hated losing at basketball, challenge him to a video game (Hollywood, CA)

^ Fox is currently in California. Start your speculations!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Quote:
@TheUndefeated

If you thought De’Aaron @SwipaTheFox hated losing at basketball, challenge him to a video game (Hollywood, CA)

^ Fox is currently in California. Start your speculations!

Sacramento
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1134, 1135, 1136 ... 1279, 1280, 1281  Next
Page 1135 of 1281
Jump to: