THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Donald Trump's Base is Shrinking

Quote:
There’s been a considerable decline in the number of Americans who strongly approve of Trump, from a peak of around 30 percent in February to just 21 or 22 percent of the electorate now.

Quote:
Far from having unconditional love from his base, Trump has already lost almost a third of his strong support. And voters who strongly disapprove of Trump outnumber those who strongly approve of him by about a 2-to-1 ratio, which could presage an “enthusiasm gap” that works against Trump at the midterms.

Of course polls don't tell the whole story but maybe his overall appeal is fading.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Keep shooting yourself in the foot ODT

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
The new Rasmussen Poll, one of the most accurate in the 2016 Election, just out with a Trump 50% Approval Rating.That's higher than O's #'s!

Quote:
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago

The MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN agenda is doing very well despite the distraction of the Witch Hunt. Many new jobs, high business enthusiasm,..

What's troubling is, he and his base believe that garbage.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

It's hard to hide anything these days, just as Clinton about Monica...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Trump’s Own Lawyer Loses It And Admits Twice That Trump Is Under Criminal Investigation

Quote:
Sekulow said, “The President takes action based on numerous events including recommendations from his attorney general and deputy attorney general’s office. He takes the action that they also by the way recommended, and now he’s being investigated by the Department of Justice because the special counsel under the special counsel regulations reports still to the Department of Justice, not an independent counsel, so he’s being investigated for taking the action that the attorney general and deputy attorney general recommended him to take by the agency who recommended the termination, so that’s the constitutional threshold question here, so that’s why I said no investigation.”

Wallace replied, “What’s the question? You stated some facts. First of all, you’ve now stated that he is being investigated after saying he isn’t.

Sekulow, “No, he’s not being investigated.”

Wallace came back with, “You just said, sir that he is being investigated.”

Sekulow went into damage control mode, “No, Chris, I said, let me crystal clear so that you completely understand. We have not received nor are we aware of any investigation of the President Of The United States. Period.”

He's going to need a chiropractor to untwist himself after that pretzel-like convoluted non-denial denial.
This was on Fox News, by the way, with Chris Wallace.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject:

Some more quotes as Trump's lawyer was all over the morning shows this a.m. trying to deal with Trump's own tweet that he was being investigated.

Quote:
“I don’t appreciate you putting words in my mouth when I’ve been crystal clear that the president is not and has not been under investigation,” Sekulow said.

“But you don’t know that he’s not under investigation again, sir?” Wallace responded.

“You’re right, Chris. I cannot read the mind of the special prosecutor,” Sekulow responded.

“We’re in agreement then,” Wallace said.

Quote:
On Fox, Wallace asked Sekulow if Trump believes the law allows for a president to be indicted. Sekulow responded that Trump couldn’t be indicted “because there’s not an investigation.”

“Oh boy, this is weird,” Wallace responded. “You don’t know whether there’s an investigation. You just told us that.”

Quote:
Asked on the CBS show “Face the Nation” how he could know Trump is not under investigation, Sekulow responded: “Because we’ve received no notification of investigation.”

He added that he could not “imagine a scenario” where Trump would be under investigation and not be aware of it.

A prosecutor may inform the subject or target of an investigation that a probe is underway but is under no obligation to do so.

WaPo
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Preet Bharara‏Verified account @PreetBharara

This is an extremely strong statement from Senator Feinstein, who is careful and measured. She does not lightly speak in this way

Quote:
Diane Feinstein: "The message the president is sending through his tweets is that he believes the rule of law doesn’t apply to him."

Feinstein has proven herself to be irrelevant in any meaningful effort to battle the madness. She is way too comfortable riding along on a system without term limits and I'm embarrassed that she represents my state. All talk and show and zero go.

Not to mention she balks every time Medicare for all is brought up.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Some more quotes as Trump's lawyer was all over the morning shows this a.m. trying to deal with Trump's own tweet that he was being investigated.

Quote:
“I don’t appreciate you putting words in my mouth when I’ve been crystal clear that the president is not and has not been under investigation,” Sekulow said.

“But you don’t know that he’s not under investigation again, sir?” Wallace responded.

“You’re right, Chris. I cannot read the mind of the special prosecutor,” Sekulow responded.

“We’re in agreement then,” Wallace said.

Quote:
On Fox, Wallace asked Sekulow if Trump believes the law allows for a president to be indicted. Sekulow responded that Trump couldn’t be indicted “because there’s not an investigation.”

“Oh boy, this is weird,” Wallace responded. “You don’t know whether there’s an investigation. You just told us that.”

Quote:
Asked on the CBS show “Face the Nation” how he could know Trump is not under investigation, Sekulow responded: “Because we’ve received no notification of investigation.”

He added that he could not “imagine a scenario” where Trump would be under investigation and not be aware of it.

A prosecutor may inform the subject or target of an investigation that a probe is underway but is under no obligation to do so.

WaPo

His lawyers are as duplicitous and whiny as he is. They want to have it both ways. "He's not under investigation! But if he is under investigation, it's not fair!" Also, "Just because my client said something doesn't mean it's true and you can't hold it against him!"

#Scumbags
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
There's a special on MSNBC tonight called "President's Men" about Watergate with Woodward and Bernstein. Also interviews with Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford about making the movie All the President's Men. It's on at 9 pm EST and repeated again at 10 pm.

I had to miss that. Hopefully, it will wind up online at some point. I saw that Robert Redford was narrating the program.

I dvr'd it but haven't watched it yet. Looks like it's on again next Sunday night.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

It turns out that this was a documentary that Redford made a few years ago. It is available on YouTube.

I watched the first third or so. It's very good.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject:

As I've said many times, when you enter Trump's orbit, you gradually become Trump. There's no other way to defend him. It easily corrupts otherwise honorable people. The best example is when General McMaster lied to the nation to defend Trump.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

NBC releases a new revelation about Watergate: That prosecutors had evidence that Nixon's thugs were plotting to beat up Daniel Ellsberg at a rally. Nice touch on the anniversary, NBC.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/nbc-news-exclusive-memo-shows-watergate-prosecutors-had-evidence-nixon-n773581
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Six Experts Resign From President’s HIV/AIDS Advisory Panel in Protest

Quote:
Schoettes and his colleagues often compared President Donald Trump with Barack Obama, whom they called a much more attentive steward of the council and whose Affordable Care Act “benefited people living with HIV and supported efforts to combat the HIV/AIDS epidemic."

In the op-ed, they note that Trump removed the Office of National AIDS Policy website and has not appointed someone to lead the White House Office of National AIDS Policy, who held a seat on the Domestic Policy Council under Obama.

"Because we do not believe the Trump Administration is listening to — or cares — about the communities we serve as members of PACHA, we have decided it is time to step down," Schoettes wrote.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Jared's jetting off to solve that whole "Middle East Peace Thing"

Quote:
Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, is traveling to the Middle East this week in pursuit of a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians, a White House official confirmed Sunday night.

Kushner will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netayahu in Jerusalem and with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah as a Trump envoy, along with Jason Greenblatt, an assistant to Trump and special representative for international negotiations.

Probably should look into the Law of Return while he's there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Not much talk about Frank Wills. I think of him every time I watch She Hate Me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Andy Slavitt‏Verified account @ASlavitt (ran ACA, Medicare, Medicaid under Obama)

NEW INFO ON SENATE BILL: Word is bill submitted 2 CBO is actually MORE severe than the House bill.

Same House bill Trump described as mean
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

If you're upset about secret GOP healthcare bill and want to voice your opposition, here's how to do it:

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject:

I have an intelligent friend.. he likes to look at conspiracy theories
About 5-6 years ago he said he thinks some of the string pullers want there to be a race war

I wonder how many minorities will lose health care

What will be the penalty if you don't pay for Republican Hellth care

And yes everyone should refer to this as Hellth care.. don't BS around
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Supreme Court: First Amendment Protects Cultural Re-Appropriation in Trademark Applications

This is legal stuff, but the topic has come up before on this board. The case involves an Asian band called The Slants, but it has been eagerly awaited because it could have implications for the pending Redskins case.

Anyway, the Trademark Office rejected a trademark registration application by the lead singer of The Slants because the name was a derogatory term. The issue was whether the denial of registration violated the first amendment. The Supreme Court answers "Yes." The Justices split all over the place on the legal rationale, but everyone finds it to be unconstitutional. I get the impression that the Justices are already thinking about the Redskins and are being very careful not to paint themselves into a corner for that case.

Anyway, if you want to read the opinions for some reason, here you go:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/16pdf/15-1293_1o13.pdf
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

Quote:
Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and a senior White House adviser, is traveling to the Middle East this week in pursuit of a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians, a White House official confirmed Sunday night.

Kushner will meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netayahu in Jerusalem and with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah as a Trump envoy, along with Jason Greenblatt, an assistant to Trump and special representative for international negotiations.

Is he going to pantomime the whole thing? Dude hasn't said a word in public in almost a decade.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
SweetP wrote:

Quote:

Is he going to pantomime the whole thing? Dude hasn't said a word in public in almost a decade.

He reads out loud about some other stuff in his official role.
http://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-speaks-what-does-he-sound-like-2017-6

I can see why he doesn't speak publicly. He seems weak and whiny. You can tell that Ivanka rules their household.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Not everyone is blessed with a talent for public speaking. Even the great Thomas Jefferson wasn't good at it.

But the problem with Kushner is that there's no great intellect behind that babyface. There's nothing behind the hype. If he had one specific role in the administration, even if it's a result of nepotism, that would be one thing. But to promote him as a genius who can solve all of our problems, that's something else. And since he's actively participating in this charade, that tells us that his ego is huge.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-student-freed-north-korea-204425775.html

Dead. Don't go to North Korea especially if you are an American.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Time to send that pig to the slaughterhouse. While we're at it, get rid of the commie SK president and his cronies.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

At least his family got a chance to say good-bye, small comfort as that may be.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

It looks like Sean Spicer will no longer do press briefings and will have a new role in the White House.

But not before he ruined his reputation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 428, 429, 430 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 429 of 3663
Jump to: