The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 998, 999, 1000 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
What the Lakers can receive from a Julius Randle trade
Julius Randle’s name is once again the topic of discussion in the latest Lakers rumors.

Quote:
With the 2017 NBA Draft fast approaching you would think that the Lakers rumors around the established stars would fade. Rumors and reports are swirling that the Lakers may be open to trade power forward Julius Randle. Randle’s name has been in trade discussions before, and quite frankly, seems to be the most likely to get traded.

http://lasportshub.com/2017/06/17/lakers-rumors-get-julius-randle-trade/

Couldn't get past the second page. Drummond? Lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject:

Jules has become a hot topic of late. Zooming towards 1000 pages!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bobby Marks @BobbyMarks42 18h
Lakers right at $15.6m in room (18-19) when you factor in their 2 first rd. picks this year and renouncing free agents except for Randle.

LAL would need to move one of their large contracts (Deng, Mozgov, Clarkson) or not bring back Julius Randle to create the room.

This cannot be understated. With the other 3 contacts being immovable, and the current inability to offer a max in 2018, Julius is dead man walking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Quote:
Lakers right at $15.6m in room (18-19) when you factor in their 2 first rd. picks this year and renouncing free agents except for Randle.

LAL would need to move one of their large contracts (Deng, Mozgov, Clarkson) or not bring back Julius Randle to create the room.

This cannot be understated. With the other 3 contacts being immovable, and the current inability to offer a max in 2018, Julius is dead man walking.

This is why JC is most likely being traded. 12.5m, and stretch one of Moz/Deng will get us 30m+ that we need for a PG13. Could actually keep Jules IIRC.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Ding reporting lakers concerned with Dlo and randles handling of criticism
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Lmao.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Quote:

And that would be pure ignorance on the part of the FO.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Lmao.

Yea, but right after that he talks about not knowing whether that means they have any thoughts about trading either. The entire article was speculative.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Then it's managements job to figure out the best way to relay a message without ruffling feathers. Reports like this make the FO look so stupid.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Then it's managements job to figure out the best way to relay a message without ruffling feathers. Reports like this make the FO look so stupid.

Maybe this is their way of doing exactly that. Phil Jackson style
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

More like Handing-out Criticism of Deng's shoddy play...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Both could stand to play tougher on the floor. Especially on defense, but also more focused on offense. With more of an emphasis on winning than just "getting yours"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with trading for George now assuming #DonJulio stays. Don't touch Randle, Russell, Ingram, #2(Ball) Indy. They can have other assets which is as good a deal as it gets
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

Both could stand to play tougher on the floor. Especially on defense, but also more focused on offense. With more of an emphasis on winning than just "getting yours"

I have barely seen D'angelo out there just trying to his. It's actually the opposite. When he could stat padding he looks like he doesn't care. The resident stat padding expert anpherknee can elaborate on this further.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching something totally different.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:

I believe that is the main reason players like Ingram and Nance don't get so much heat. Except by transition defense when I get mad at Ingram for ball watching a couple of times per game, he plays most of the game the right way just like Nance.

I find myself often frustrated with Julius for his lack of will to make the plays a team need to win and you can't see it on the stat sheet.

Julius usually steps up his game in crunch time going after blocks, but most of the game he misses too many rotations and switches when it is not needed. The coaching staff should drive him to improve his overall awareness.

Last edited by nash on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching something totally different.

I agree. I think we are.

I am looking for some dog. Some scrap.

3rd year is a big one, he needs to hit big this year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

y'all are exaggerating. Julius made those kinds of plays all the time. He was just like most other players in their 2nd year: inconsistent.

If he could bring consistent effort & kick up his shooting a notch he'd be an all-star. He's pretty much right where he needs to be. Sucks that he missed a year due to injury, but oh well.

Having the same coach/system for the 2nd year in a row should also help
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
y'all are exaggerating. Julius made those kinds of plays all the time. He was just like most other players in their 2nd year: inconsistent.

If he could bring consistent effort & kick up his shooting a notch he'd be an all-star. He's pretty much right where he needs to be. Sucks that he missed a year due to injury, but oh well.

Having the same coach/system for the 2nd year in a row should also help

I'd love to see Julius play with Lonzo.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

How many more posts to 1,000........
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

in
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Give me Tristan Thompson focus on defense and I'm happy even without the 3pt shot.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Give me Tristan Thompson focus on defense and I'm happy even without the 3pt shot.

He needs one or the other to be a net neutral player. He needs both to become a bonafide star imo.

I'm not that confident in his 3 pointer ever being better than 31-32% so I hope he brings it on defense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

*yawn*

It's almost like some people forget the entire reason you draft someone is to see if they play up to the level of getting that contract and if they do you sign them to it and you have the benefit of doing it, the way contracts work cause you drafted them.

The fact that some people are actually so scared that Julius will play well enough to need to be paid a big contract and THEIR REACTION to that isn't "OMG HE'S PLAYING UP TO THE LEVEL OF THAT KIND OF CONTRACT!?!? WHAT A GOOD GET FOR US!!" but instead "We can't afford to have him play well and thus make us have to pay him so we should move him!!"

I swear, some fans got it all backwards. Ya'll are focused so much on saving money you have no clue what to do with it once you've got it.

If Randle plays up to be worth a 15-17 million dollar a year contract this coming season, YOU PAY HIM THE 15-17 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR CONTRACT AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS HE FELL TO YOU AT 7.

You don't RUN from having to pay him. The entire point of drafting him was hoping he'd play to that kind of level, and thus it would mark off another name you'd have to chase in free agency, because you got a 'name' you drafted.

Get with it.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Quote:

he will be a pacer soon imo. Financially, it makes little sense for us to keep him and give him a 20+ million dollar contract. Ingram/George are our starting forwards longterm. There's no room for Randle. He's not good at the 5. His ball handling and distributing responsibilities will be minimal with Russell/Ball/Ingram/George. He's gone imo.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
*yawn*

It's almost like some people forget the entire reason you draft someone is to see if they play up to the level of getting that contract and if they do you sign them to it and you have the benefit of doing it, the way contracts work cause you drafted them.

The fact that some people are actually so scared that Julius will play well enough to need to be paid a big contract and THEIR REACTION to that isn't "OMG HE'S PLAYING UP TO THE LEVEL OF THAT KIND OF CONTRACT!?!? WHAT A GOOD GET FOR US!!" but instead "We can't afford to have him play well and thus make us have to pay him so we should move him!!"

I swear, some fans got it all backwards. Ya'll are focused so much on saving money you have no clue what to do with it once you've got it.

If Randle plays up to be worth a 15-17 million dollar a year contract this coming season, YOU PAY HIM THE 15-17 MILLION DOLLAR A YEAR CONTRACT AND THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS HE FELL TO YOU AT 7.

You don't RUN from having to pay him. The entire point of drafting him was hoping he'd play to that kind of level, and thus it would mark off another name you'd have to chase in free agency, because you got a 'name' you drafted.

Get with it.

I don't think most people are worried about paying him tbh. I think it's more that some people didn't want Julius to being with, made sweeping declarations about his lack of skill/talent and don't want to budge from that stance.

The keep saying "I don't think he's worth that kind of money" as if last season was the best we could possibly see from him, even though we've seen continual improvement from him.

As I said before the second contract a player gets in the league is usually based on their potential moving forward more than how good they currently are. Julius has undoubtedly shown flashes of something special and he's continued to improve during his time in the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 998, 999, 1000 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 999 of 1536
Jump to: