What is Your Bottom Line Offer for Paul George?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is the Most You Would Give up for Paul George?
Russell or Ingram or #2 Pick Alone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Russell or Ingram or #2 Pick + Deng or Mozgov
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Randle + Clarkson + #28 Pick + Deng or Mozgov
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Randle + Clarkson + #28 Pick
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Clarkson + #28 Pick + 2020 1st Round Pick
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Nothing - Wait for 2018 Free Agency Instead
33%
 33%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 83

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

28, Clarkson & Mozgov.

Pennies on the dollar, but most teams might not even trade for him knowing he'll likely roll out on them next year.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: what's your bottom line final offer for George?

dao wrote:
I'd try the Randle/Clarkson/28. Indy might take that. I'd rather get him now if possible.

I agree. Why? Randle's play is too up and down. We stand a better chance of getting other FAs sooner with PG on the team. We are going to end up losing some of our some of our young guys anyway because we won't have cash to resign them all.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Clarkson/Brewer's expiring/+28. Tops.

Although I'm leaning more to just waiting til 2018.

bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

Lotto protected first, JC, and thier pick of Moz or Deng, maybe Nick if he opts in.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

JC/Black/28 - If that's not possible, then the absolute bottom line is to add Randle or Nance to that package, either via the player or pick they would net from another team.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

I actually wouldn't mind trading Randle - his ceiling is set in stone/concrete, and he's pretty bad defensively.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Prob gonna take DLo, 2020 1st, JC and Brewer
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Why would we trade one of our top 3 assets (#2, DLO, Ingram) for PG13 who is entering FA in a year?
Warren Coolidge
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
So most of you guys want to play Paul George at the 4 and keep Russell and Ingram to go with Ball I'd assume...

not sure that's the best way for us to go...

I'd move Russell for George...

that gives you a line up with Ball..Ingram...George...Randle....Zubac...

not saying I wouldn't move Randle...at some point either because you have some opportunities to upgrade there next year...

but Paul George is a small forward...he can stretch the floor enough to allow you to play Ingram at the 2...and with his length he could end up being able to guard 1,2, or 3s.... you got Nance..you got Black..you keep Clarkson...

No one cares about positions anymore. No one cares about who starts and who doesn't. Closing lineup is Ball Russell George Ingram Randle. That's all that matters.

teams that have players that allow you to go small and such ..yeah for them its not about positions ...

but I disagree that 19 year olds coming into the league today who have been starting for 3 years "don't care about who starts" .... D'Lo would be cool with coming off the bench?? We used #2 overall picks to draft Ingram and Ball to bring them in to come off the bench?? and they'd be cool with that?? Naw man...I don't think so...

honestly ....I'd be fine with moving on from D'Lo and Randal and going with Paul George and making a run at Boogie Cousins after next season....

Moving DLO and running with Ball as the primary ball handler would be a massive mistake.

1) Team needs all the shooting it can get, even assuming George and Ball come in. You don't trade your best shooter when your team is shooting deficient.

2) Lonzo would have to start doing a lot of things that he has basically never done to be the sole lead point guard, and that we're basically uncertain if he's going to be able to do at all. And he's a 19 year old rookie, who will likely need time to adjust. DLO fills a lot of these gaps, and allows him to play off the ball, which is where most Lonzo's scoring comes from.

3) If Ball translates as expected, DLO and Ball would benefit significantly playing off each other.

Paul George is a pretty good shooter.....and so is Lonzo from 3 range..
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

Why would we trade one of our top 3 assets (#2, DLO, Ingram) for PG13 who is entering FA in a year?

I think that's what it takes to trump a K.Love+whatever offer. I also think FO would bring him now instead of gambling that he comes next summer
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

I think that's what it takes to trump a K.Love+whatever offer. I also think FO would bring him now instead of gambling that he comes next summer

They share agents. Doubtful
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

#2, and take ur pick moz or deng
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson/28th pick/2020 1st round pick... and that's it. And, as news keeps coming out about George being adamant about coming here, I may change my mind on that too. If I was the GM, Pacers better act quick.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

After the latest reports I am adjusting my offer. Indy no longer gets JC and the 28 pick. They now get Mozgov or Deng lol!!
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson and Young. Pacers have no leverage.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Based on what others have said about Randles contract situation, I may revise my thinking on this.

I mean, he seems to be the odd man out here.

If PG comes, even if Lebron doesn't, Ingram is locked in at the 3, no? Which means PG at 4. So would Randle be ok coming off bench as a backup 4 and small ball center?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject:

If I were a con artist or insurance salesman... I'd contact everyone on the board who said they'd give up anything more than nothing.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Take anyone but the #2, BI, D'Lo,Zubac.

But if they want Randle, they also need to take one of Deng and Mozgov.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Warren Coolidge wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
So most of you guys want to play Paul George at the 4 and keep Russell and Ingram to go with Ball I'd assume...

not saying I wouldn't move Randle...at some point either because you have some opportunities to upgrade there next year...

but Paul George is a small forward...he can stretch the floor enough to allow you to play Ingram at the 2...and with his length he could end up being able to guard 1,2, or 3s.... you got Nance..you got Black..you keep Clarkson...

No one cares about positions anymore. No one cares about who starts and who doesn't. Closing lineup is Ball Russell George Ingram Randle. That's all that matters.

teams that have players that allow you to go small and such ..yeah for them its not about positions ...

but I disagree that 19 year olds coming into the league today who have been starting for 3 years "don't care about who starts" .... D'Lo would be cool with coming off the bench?? We used #2 overall picks to draft Ingram and Ball to bring them in to come off the bench?? and they'd be cool with that?? Naw man...I don't think so...

honestly ....I'd be fine with moving on from D'Lo and Randal and going with Paul George and making a run at Boogie Cousins after next season....

Moving DLO and running with Ball as the primary ball handler would be a massive mistake.

1) Team needs all the shooting it can get, even assuming George and Ball come in. You don't trade your best shooter when your team is shooting deficient.

2) Lonzo would have to start doing a lot of things that he has basically never done to be the sole lead point guard, and that we're basically uncertain if he's going to be able to do at all. And he's a 19 year old rookie, who will likely need time to adjust. DLO fills a lot of these gaps, and allows him to play off the ball, which is where most Lonzo's scoring comes from.

3) If Ball translates as expected, DLO and Ball would benefit significantly playing off each other.

I already said that even with George and Ball it's not enough. We were a shooting deficient team last season. A 40% in Nick Young is going to opt out and leave. We already traded another 39% shooter for Corey Brewer. We're also not sure how the rookie(s) are going to adjust to NBA closeout defense.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:
IceInMyVeins wrote:
Warren Coolidge wrote:

I already said that even with George and Ball it's not enough. We were a shooting deficient team last season. A 40% in Nick Young is going to opt out and leave. We already traded another 39% shooter for Corey Brewer. We're also not sure how the rookie(s) are going to adjust to NBA closeout defense.

Jodie Meeks
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

More importantly, to what end. The youth movement is a post GSW play. Adding George as a free agent or on the cheap moves up the timeline but gives us more positive options. Using a top asset just swaps strengths on different timelines.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:

Aren't you gambling he wont leave like Dwight? and you lost a top asset for no reason?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Which trade would you prefer for George...

Without giving up any of the #2 picks (Ingram, Russell, Ball)... I know trading Randle might be an issue with him sharing an agent with George and Russell, but that aside, what direction would you guys go in??? For me, these are the best offers I would make. If Indiana says no, I would wait until next summer to try and sign him as a free agent.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Option C

Huston trades the farm for him and we sign him next year.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson, Zubac (not sure they would want him seeing they have turner) and 28th pick
Don't want to give up Randle or nance
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: