Which L.A. Team Should LeBron James Prefer in 2018, Clippers or Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Why did he buy a big house in Brentwood and hang out here all sumer?

It's like a vacation home for him and he got the extra cash to burn.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

Here's my problem with all the talk about getting him to Lakers! In another 3 yrs he'll be even higher on the list & look at the current active players did you expect any of them to lead a team to a Chip, of course not. LBJ is gonna have a lot of miles on those legs & it's gonna take at least 2 yrs to gel with others whoever they will be? At age 33/34, he's just not gonna be able to keep up with the younger players! He won't be able to dominate like he did when he won his Chips, he's gonna need younger players to do it!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/mp_career.html

I'll continue to say it if Magic wants elite free agents he better get the players who are still 28 or younger, NOT 32 or older!
HC: Riley
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Bron isn't leaving.

-said Cavs fans in 2010.

-said Miami fans in 2014.

-says Cavs fans in 2018.

4 year cycles.

Not a Cavs fan. And I was correct the last 2 times he left.

-says poster who joined LG in 2017 (so I guess we'll have to take your word for it).

And I'll be 3 for 3 when Lebron stays. You'll see.

So you were right about him leaving, but you'll be right about him staying?

Ok.

And literally no way for us to verify that you were right.

You gotta love it!!

Hey I've been right about every single thing that has ever happened, anywhere ..... forever. I'm just really good at knowing everything much better than anyone else.
Lakeshow440
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Clippers. They can sign all his friends (which he wants). He wouldn't have such push back from the Front office when he tries to run the show either.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject:

I highly doubt Le Bron craps on his hometown... TWICE!

He ain't going anywhere.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow440 wrote:
Clippers. They can sign all his friends (which he wants). He wouldn't have such push back from the Front office when he tries to run the show either.
Since the Clips are far above the Cap, they would have to trade many players to even dream about having LeBron
ch3_young
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

of course, it is Clippers since Lakers already have the Face and Leader in Ball.

Don't forget the big ball said something about James....

Bye Bye
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Jerry West has his work cut out over there. Looks like that team is starting to fall apart. If he's going to come to Los Angeles it's going to be the Lakers. He would love playing with Lonzo Ball a true point guard. LeBron coming here to end his career is similar to Wilt Chamberlain ending his career here.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
That's flat out false on logo wanting ownership stake

Whether it's false or not, it is what Rose stated and what LeBron will be gunning for.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject:

I think he stays in the East. Granted, if he came out West and won a ring, it would be hard to deny his true greatness for me. I've always said he couldn't duplicate that success out here.

Both the Clips and Lakeshow are great situations for him. The Clips will put a cagey, veteran team around him. It would be filled with proven superstars and fantastic role players. The Lakers will put talented young players around him that he can groom and have pick up the workload during the regular season so he can rest his legs. He would be the undeniable leader for both.

What I see about LeBron is no matter the squad he is on, he has a gigantic workload. While he is a wonderful and fantastic team player, something about him has his teammates really relegated to role players. The Miami years clearly showed that. He may just be too good. If you know me, you know I hate saying that. It's just he can do everything better than every teammate so they really have to figure out a way to play "around" him. It's like Kobe, except Kobe wanted to score so other players always knew what the agenda was. With LeBron the other players are always trying to figure out where to fill the gaps on a nightly basis and that can be difficult when you hit the championship round which is why he doesn't have more rings in my opinion.

I can't believe I gave him the ultimate props. I'm going to vomit 🤢 now.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:
I think he stays in the East. Granted, if he came out West and won a ring, it would be hard to deny his true greatness for me. I've always said he couldn't duplicate that success out here.

Both the Clips and Lakeshow are great situations for him. The Clips will put a cagey, veteran team around him. It would be filled with proven superstars and fantastic role players. The Lakers will put talented young players around him that he can groom and have pick up the workload during the regular season so he can rest his legs. He would be the undeniable leader for both.

What I see about LeBron is no matter the squad he is on, he has a gigantic workload. While he is a wonderful and fantastic team player, something about him has his teammates really relegated to role players. The Miami years clearly showed that. He may just be too good. If you know me, you know I hate saying that. It's just he can do everything better than every teammate so they really have to figure out a way to play "around" him. It's like Kobe, except Kobe wanted to score so other players always knew what the agenda was. With LeBron the other players are always trying to figure out where to fill the gaps on a nightly basis and that can be difficult when you hit the championship round which is why he doesn't have more rings in my opinion.

I can't believe I gave him the ultimate props. I'm going to vomit 🤢 now.
Lebron has the The Black Mamba issue - they are so good that other players consciously or subconsciously step aside to let them work. Even with Kyrie and KLove on the team, LBJ had to play 40+ MPG during the regular season and more during the playoffs because he can and needs to. It would be hard to see LeBron fully integrated into a system that the Dubs have that KD fit in seamlessly.

Clips have a lot of financial issues/commitments that would seriously hamper, if not make it impossible, for LeBron to join them or he would join a team with no bench.

With CP3 needing the ball in his hand, are we expecting LeBron to set screens and cut.
With LeBron having the ball, are we expecting CP3 to cut and move without the ball.
With LeBron driving the paint, where he is the most effective, what will Blake - mainly take outside shots
With LeBron driving the paint, where will you put DeAndre or do you relegate him to just setting screens and getting rebounds
With DeAndre in the paint (only place where he is effective), will LeBron be happy and fully utilized as a jump shooter

With LeBron on the Clippers, will they beat the Dubs - nope. They can't match the firepower, talent and bench that the Dubs will have for the next 2-3 years. Can Blake/CP3/DeAndre run with the Dubs - nope

Clips will have better stars that are older and injury-prone. Even if they are healthy in a series with the Dubs, they still wouldn't win (sorry Marceles Wiley)
Lakeshow440
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Lakeshow440 wrote:
Since the Clips are far above the Cap, they would have to trade many players to even dream about having LeBron

They wont be when it comes time to sign them. If they only bring back CP3 they will still have some space left this offseason alone. Next year Jordan could opt out or hell he may be traded. Cap will be increasing again.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow440 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Lakeshow440 wrote:

They wont be when it comes time to sign them. If they only bring back CP3 they will still have some space left this offseason alone. Next year Jordan could opt out or hell he may be traded. Cap will be increasing again.
If Blake doesn't resign with the Clips, they will be a lower seed playoff team. If he resigns, then the Clippers won't have much of a bench.

Even if all the players remain healthy for the entire season, will they beat the Dubs - nope

With Dubs, Spurs, Houston, Denver, TWolves (with Jimmy Butler), Utah (depending on Haywood's decision), Memphis, New Orleans (depending on who is playing PG) and other teams - how many of these teams can the Clips beat in a 7 game series
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I highly doubt Le Bron craps on his hometown... TWICE!

He ain't going anywhere.

I think he stays in the east and in CLE but if he left I woudn't call that crapping on them considering he gave them the promised championship.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

please dont come to LA. dont want a washed up bron pounding the ball and making all our players spot up shooters
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Not clear on the Clippers' situation, but fielding offers for DeAndre Jordan? Griffin wanting to leave because he's done with CP3? CP3 to the Spurs? What contract will JJ Redick get?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Not clear on the Clippers' situation, but fielding offers for DeAndre Jordan? Griffin wanting to leave because he's done with CP3? CP3 to the Spurs? What contract will JJ Redick get?
Maybe a better question would be the following, does The Logo want to keep all three superstars that would be far over the cap with the highest goal would be getting past the second round since they won't be able to beat the Dubs even when all theeenare healthy - considering that Blake disappears in critical playoff games (if not injured), CP3 makes surprising mistakes st the end of critical games and DeAndre is a great defensive player but entirely dependent on CP3's lobs for any offense. Plus they will have no cap space

Maybe The Logo will say, start again
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

Over the weekend on ESPN radio show Freddie and Fitz, Mike Wise, senior editor of The Undefeated said:

"I got from a very good authority, a very good authority, that LeBron James will never be a Clipper," he said to show host Freddie Coleman in the wee hours of the morning. "I can't tell you who, but I'm going to tell you it's somebody that knows, and LeBron James will never be a Clipper."

Here's the link:

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba-au/news/lebron-james-los-angeles-clippers-cavs-rumors-chris-paul-blake-griffin/177ntzy2824ug1dq2urbhggwdr
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Bron isn't leaving.

-said Cavs fans in 2010.

-said Miami fans in 2014.

-says Cavs fans in 2018.

4 year cycles.

Not a Cavs fan. And I was correct the last 2 times he left.

-says poster who joined LG in 2017 (so I guess we'll have to take your word for it).

And I'll be 3 for 3 when Lebron stays. You'll see.

So you were right about him leaving, but you'll be right about him staying?

Ok.

And literally no way for us to verify that you were right.

after the cavs beat the warriors i bet he was like "bron isnt leaving."

lmfao.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: