2018 Plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ah, just getting his numbers. Gotcha. He drove the finals MVP KD away b/c of his selfish play.

And you know this how? KD left b/c he realized OKC couldn't build a winner after trying for many years. They don't have the resources.

If you weren't a Lakers fan, you'd be saying the same things about Kobe. You sound just like anti-Kobe, non Lakers fans.

LOL. Read my following post and come back at me with this weak stuff.

I noticed you didn't answer exactly how you know why KD left. He's never mentioned a thing about WB's selfishness. Mindreading is a great skill, didn't know you had it.

We can disagree on whether WB can be a part of a championship squad. Like Kobe, he just wants to win.

You think KD will come out in the media and say "Russ is selfish, I hate him."

Come on, it's not rocket science. Goes from a "your iso, my iso" team to one of the selfless teams in the NBA in the Warriors.

Durant also took less money to leave as well as the vitriol against him. If he thought WB's style of play would be championship level, he would stay.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
DzLaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ah, just getting his numbers. Gotcha. He drove the finals MVP KD away b/c of his selfish play.

And you know this how? KD left b/c he realized OKC couldn't build a winner after trying for many years. They don't have the resources.

If you weren't a Lakers fan, you'd be saying the same things about Kobe. You sound just like anti-Kobe, non Lakers fans.

LOL. Read my following post and come back at me with this weak stuff.

I noticed you didn't answer exactly how you know why KD left. He's never mentioned a thing about WB's selfishness. Mindreading is a great skill, didn't know you had it.

We can disagree on whether WB can be a part of a championship squad. Like Kobe, he just wants to win.

You think KD will come out in the media and say "Russ is selfish, I hate him."

Come on, it's not rocket science. Goes from a "your iso, my iso" team to one of the selfless teams in the NBA in the Warriors.

Durant also took less money to leave as well as the vitriol against him. If he thought WB's style of play would be championship level, he would stay.

We dont know the real reason for sure. But I guess we can speculate.

Anyway, Jerry West was on the Herd yesterday.
He said KD had nothing bad to say about Russell or OKC.
West did however mention that when he and Baylor were on the Lakers, he knew that they had to combine to score 70 points to even have a chance to win. He didn't like playing that way and it was hard. He related that to what KD was going through.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
So are you saying the retread was the big free agents simply extending and not signing w/ the Lakers? Or are there other parts that you consider a retread? If the main retread is the big timers skipping on the lakers, I'd say Lebron, Yao, Amare, or even CB's camp never said the summer before: "I'm going to play out my contract and I'm going to the Lakers."

Correct. The situation with the 2007 plan was nuanced. I don't think I would be capable of going through all the permutations that were kicked around back then. There were a lot of moving parts over time. We created large amounts of cap space (or, more accurately, the ability to generate large amounts of cap space if we wanted to) and dangled it in front of the big name free agents. Come to LA! Play with Kobe! Get coached by Phil Jackson! It's Hollywood! We got no takers.

As for your last comment, I would stress once again that Paul George is not the key to success or failure. We didn't need to clear cap space to trade for Paul George, and it would not be a significant obstacle to make sure that we had enough cap space to sign him as a FA next summer.

But if all we get is Paul George, we lose. We could have kept Russell and still added George. Everything depends on a second player, and the second player needs to be a stud. Otherwise, we burned an asset (Russell) for cap space that we failed to use effectively. Oh, I'm sure that we would use the cap space on someone, but we'd still be moving backwards or at best laterally (which amounts to the same thing).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: