OFFICIAL JOSH JACKSON THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Jackson and Ingram are redundant. Neither are strong enough to play the 4. Neither are good enough shooters to play the 2. Also you hope to sign PG13 who wants to play the 3 as well. You will have a log jam with 3 guys on one position when you need help at all the other positions.

Ball and Russell are skilled enough to play both guard positions.

This sums up my concern with the Lakers picking Jackson. If Ingram is the closest player we have to being indispensable in Magic's eyes, why would we spend this highly coveted pick on another 3?

And I don't buy for one second the idea that 190 lb Brandon Ingram is going go out there and bang with power forwards in this league. Not for more than a couple minutes. He's a 3, Jackson is a 3, PG13 is a 3 if we get him and hates playing 4. It's not like the GSW go out there and play small ball for 48 minutes. Far from it. They have balance in their lineup to play big or small. Deng is our only 3 who can play effective 4 ball. Even at that we've got Nance/Randle at 4. What we don't have is a starting quality guard to pair up with Russell.

I think a number of Jackson supporters feel (me included) he will be the best player from the draft after he's done developing and that's why we want him. With that said, Lonzo is about 95% gonna be the pick so it renders anything I have to say on this moot!
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Both Ingram and Jackson have shooting question marks.

The big concern for me is the off the court issues with Jackson. His mother seems borderline crazy and his entourage includes some shady characters. That's far different from Lavar who is just loud... but otherwise a fantastic parent.

If the talent is close (and i actually feel Lonzo is underrated strangely and is more talented), then you have to go with Lonzo for this reason alone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Ironically while the tweet... shows he's pissed... and with his anger issues... that could be a red flag for teams...

and while I personally want Tatum at #2... it makes Josh Jackson more appealing for me... especially if the team could get Metta on the staff.

Why is josh jackson more appealing to you now? Is it because you feel like he is a guy who is more passionate?

The fact is... if you can get his energy focused on proving himself to be the best player from this draft... better than fultz, ball, etc... He could develop the work ethic that the legends get.

Problem is... He also has been linked to a sexual assault. A hit and run. And officially charged with destroying a car in an altercation.

So he's just as likely to be out of the league due to lack of control.

I don't see how DLO and Ball could be elite together.

I do see how Jackson and Ingram however (if Jackson is mentored by a far more mellow Ingram).. how they become an elite tandem.

Honestly Jackson, Ingram, Nance... Defensively those three solve a lot of DLO's problems.

Jackson and Ingram are redundant. Neither are strong enough to play the 4. Neither are good enough shooters to play the 2. Also you hope to sign PG13 who wants to play the 3 as well. You will have a log jam with 3 guys on one position when you need help at all the other positions.

Let me introduce you to the 2017 NBA. Jackson and Ingram are wing players and today teams play with 3-5 wings. They then match up defensively with the ability to switch. Jackson and Ingram would fit well together.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
Both Ingram and Jackson have shooting question marks.

The big concern for me is the off the court issues with Jackson. His mother seems borderline crazy and his entourage includes some shady characters. That's far different from Lavar who is just loud... but otherwise a fantastic parent.

If the talent is close (and i actually feel Lonzo is underrated strangely and is more talented), then you have to go with Lonzo for this reason alone.

where does this come from...never heard anything bad about his mom or entourage?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
Ironically while the tweet... shows he's pissed... and with his anger issues... that could be a red flag for teams...

and while I personally want Tatum at #2... it makes Josh Jackson more appealing for me... especially if the team could get Metta on the staff.

Why is josh jackson more appealing to you now? Is it because you feel like he is a guy who is more passionate?

The fact is... if you can get his energy focused on proving himself to be the best player from this draft... better than fultz, ball, etc... He could develop the work ethic that the legends get.

Problem is... He also has been linked to a sexual assault. A hit and run. And officially charged with destroying a car in an altercation.

So he's just as likely to be out of the league due to lack of control.

I don't see how DLO and Ball could be elite together.

I do see how Jackson and Ingram however (if Jackson is mentored by a far more mellow Ingram).. how they become an elite tandem.

Honestly Jackson, Ingram, Nance... Defensively those three solve a lot of DLO's problems.

Let me introduce you to the 2017 NBA. Jackson and Ingram are wing players and today teams play with 3-5 wings. They then match up defensively with the ability to switch. Jackson and Ingram would fit well together.

Let see good teams have 3-5 wings huh. GSW starts DG at 4 and KD at 3. Both are good to great perimeter shooters and strong enough to guard the 4. Maybe 2 wings if you count DG. Spurs started KL and LA/Gasol. Really 1 wing there.

Cavs started Lebron at 3. JR at 2 and love at 4. 1 wing.

You wouldn't start JJ and BI and surely PG13 together. You wasted two #2 picks and a max on one position. If somehow you get one of them to play out of position you still have a logjam. One of them is coming of the bench for sure. Mean while you have still no SG no PF no Center.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject:

Funny all the comments about how Jeanie should forego her own feelings/morales/history with people in favor of talent.

Nice try and completely hilarious that both Pjax and West haven't been around for those exact reasons now and due to each other in part.

I dont think anyone on this forum personally accepts anyone in their life regardless of how you relate to them.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Chad Ford‏Verified account @chadfordinsider 6m6 minutes ago

Chad Ford Retweeted Dave McMenamin
Jackson won't workout in Boston unless the Celtics commit that 1. They're keeping the pick 2. He's their guy at No. 3.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Think it's Ford being Ford. But Jackson has no leverage there. Boston if they wanted to can/will draft him and then send him to Chicago for Butler whether he liked it or not.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

So JJ stood up Danny and Celtics by making them fly to across country to Sacramento and cancelling the workout when they got there
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the thread guys, was fun
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow, so Jackson cancelled his workout after the Celtics brass flew cross-country to Sacramento to meet him. Despite what you think about the Celtics, that is really unprofessional.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Wow, so Jackson cancelled his workout after the Celtics brass flew cross-country to Sacramento to meet him. Despite what you think about the Celtics, that is really unprofessional.

Well, if you really want to make sure a team doesn't draft you you have to take some extreme measures
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Time to MOVE!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Well, if you really want to make sure a team doesn't draft you you have to take some extreme measures

Honestly I don't blame him, I think his stock in Boston would plummet. They have enough wings. He gets showcased more in Phoenix or Sacramento.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Yep, if you really don't want to play for a particular team make them think how unprofessional you are....it sure worked for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64
Page 64 of 64
Jump to: