OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jesse Buss Explains Why L.A. Drafted Larry Nance Jr.

Quote:
His body of work overall as a senior was pretty impressive, and when we began watching him more on Synergy, that’s when we turned our focus to him more closely as a potential guy we could draft late in the first round. He then participated in the Chicago pre-draft combine and did pretty well, and we got him here in June for a workout that really sealed the deal for us. We just knew we had to have him on draft night, and we were hoping he was there at No. 27.

link
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Be honest. When the Lakers drafted in 2015, you didn't think that Larry Nance Jr would outlast them all.

#2 D'Angelo Russell
#27 Larry Nance, Jr.
#34 Anthony Brown

I remember fans in the Draft thread saying:
"Why did they draft Nance at #27?"
"Who?"
"Why didn't they draft Anthony Brown?" (which we ended up getting anyway)

Props to Larry.
I love this guy.
Elite ups. Elite interview skills.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. on Lonzo Ball, Paul George Rumors, Brook Lopez, and Magic Johnson's Impact

https://soundcloud.com/thehoopshypepodcast/larry-nance-jr-on-lonzo-ball-paul-george-rumors-brook-lopez-and-magic-johnsons-impact-ep-5

Alex Kennedy is joined by Los Angeles forward Larry Nance Jr. to discuss thoughts on Lonzo Ball's game (1:00), Lavar Ball (3:00), the Lakers draft (4:00), the Paul George to LA rumors (5:00), dealing with rumors as a player (6:00), Brook Lopez joining the team and D'Angelo Russell leaving (7:00), his talks so far with Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka and having Magic around (9:00), team becoming more competitive (11:00), are the playoff's realistic this upcoming season (14:00), close-knit relationship with teammates (19:00), Luke Walton's first season as coach (20:00), how attractive the team is now for free agents (22:00), if Kobe has been around the team (29:00), Kobe's last game (31:00), and if he plans on being in next season's dunk contest (34:00).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Bipro USA is really helping his game.
LAdude81
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. was awesome on the HoopsHype podcast. How could anyone root against this guy?

Here is a link: https://soundcloud.com/thehoopshypepodcast/larry-nance-jr-on-lonzo-ball-paul-george-rumors-brook-lopez-and-magic-johnsons-impact-ep-5
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

You can tell Magic really loves and respects Nance. I'm sure having been in battles with NBA great Nance Sr. doesn't hurt things either. Magic did say after Nance Jr's exit interview that he (Magic) has to give Nance Sr a call sometime.

Also, Nance's name hasn't been floating in trade rumors at all. And Magic mentioned him a few times at Ball's Lakers introduction.

I also love the fact the Nance is acting like the Mayor of the Lakers. Welcoming new players and draft picks. Being at Ball's introduction. Making himself available for media interviews. Paying tribute to Mitch & DLO after their departures. He's a real class act.

I don't expect Larry to be leaving the Lakers any time soon. Well, unless he's part of a Lebron caliber type trade and they wanted Nance back in Akron, or if someone wanted Nance alone in a Deng contract trade.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

Larry is fantastic piece for our team. My only concern is his health. If he can stay fully healthy I can see him as long term laker. Great player to come off the bench, great lockeroom presence and also he can play as starter if necessary.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
You can tell Magic really loves and respects Nance. I'm sure having been in battles with NBA great Nance Sr. doesn't hurt things either. Magic did say after Nance Jr's exit interview that he (Magic) has to give Nance Sr a call sometime.

Also, Nance's name hasn't been floating in trade rumors at all. And Magic mentioned him a few times at Ball's Lakers introduction.

I also love the fact the Nance is acting like the Mayor of the Lakers. Welcoming new players and draft picks. Being at Ball's introduction. Making himself available for media interviews. Paying tribute to Mitch & DLO after their departures. He's a real class act.

I don't expect Larry to be leaving the Lakers any time soon. Well, unless he's part of a Lebron caliber type trade and they wanted Nance back in Akron, or if someone wanted Nance alone in a Deng contract trade.

Nance is someone that I believe is going to run a front office in the future.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

It would make me really happy to see Nance and some of our other younger players on a more winning/successful Lakers team.
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Bipro USA is really helping his game.
"Bi-Prooooooooooo"
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
It would make me really happy to see Nance and some of our other younger players on a more winning/successful Lakers team.

I think Nance is the type of player who will really benefit from playing with Lonzo.

He does a lot of intangible type things that could be very useful on a winning team with a good culture.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

I think Nance is the type of player who will really benefit from playing with Lonzo.

He does a lot of intangible type things that could be very useful on a winning team with a good culture.

Agreed. I hope he continues to develop his game so he doesn't give the Lakers reasons to trade or not re-sign him. He seems like a great teammate.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

He's been my favorite Laker since we drafted him. He's a championship caliber role player on the court and team ambassador off court. Just makes winning plays and doesn't care about his own ego. Hopefully Laker for life. And yes, he'd be great in the front office.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quick outlet passing, finishing, creating fastbreaks off steals, hopefully some lobs off pick and rolls... His minutes need to be synced with Zo, IMO.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

Really wanna see him in the dunk contest this year, I have a feeling he could pull off something memorable!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

A while ago, I believed Larry (and Ingram) would retire with the Lakers if everything went right with his health (Crohn's disease and knees). The two big question marks for Lance will be a) if his Crohn's remains in control and b) how his knee will hold up over time (both a and b are related). I'm just not convinced those knees will be kind to him in year 5 or 6, and I hope he proves me wrong on this. Obviously, it's a no brainer to include him in a trade for a superstar, but even a superstar needs that glue guy to win championships. Kobe couldn't have done it without Fisher (see game 4 of 2009 finals and game 3 of 2010 finals), and the Warriors sure as hell couldn't have done it without Green.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

A while ago, I believed Larry (and Ingram) would retire with the Lakers if everything went right with his health (Crohn's disease and knees). The two big question marks for Lance will be a) if his Crohn's remains in control and b) how his knee will hold up over time (both a and b are related). I'm just not convinced those knees will be kind to him in year 5 or 6, and I hope he proves me wrong on this. Obviously, it's a no brainer to include him in a trade for a superstar, but even a superstar needs that glue guy to win championships. Kobe couldn't have done it without Fisher (see game 4 of 2009 finals and game 3 of 2010 finals), and the Warriors sure as hell couldn't have done it without Green.

All very good points. I can see Nance changing his game to be more below the rim, but keeping the same intensity very soon. Similar to Kevin Love today, or late career Horry. Rebounding and corner 3's. He will undoubtably be successful in that roll while his knees will take less of a beating.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Be honest. When the Lakers drafted in 2015, you didn't think that Larry Nance Jr would outlast them all.

#2 D'Angelo Russell
#27 Larry Nance, Jr.
#34 Anthony Brown

"Who?"

Props to Larry.
I love this guy.

Yes,I did

There is a misconception that some folks didn't like Russell because they wanted Okafor, but that is far from the truth. As Lakers fans that don't pretend to be experts we can care less it it was our guy, we want to see a baller. I was against Nance selection, but after a couple of games despite the weird stroke Nance was a player playing right way and I loved him.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. on Lonzo Ball, Paul George rumors, Brook Lopez trade and Magic Johnson's impact

Quote:
On the latest episode of The HoopsHype Podcast, Alex Kennedy is joined by Los Angeles Lakers power forward Larry Nance Jr. to discuss a wide range of topics:

1:00: Reaction to the Lonzo Ball pick and how he’ll help the Lakers.

2:30: Thoughts on LaVar Ball.

3:30: How the Lakers did in the draft overall.

4:10: Thoughts on the Paul-George-to-L.A. rumors and how he deals with trade rumors.

6:20: Reaction to Brook Lopez joining the team and D’Angelo Russell being traded.

8:30: His talks with Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka, and what role they want him to play.

13:00: Playoff expectations for the upcoming season.

16:00: How close this Lakers team has become.

19:15: Thoughts on Luke Walton‘s first season as coach.

20:40: Why the Lakers are so attractive to free agents now.

23:00: His foundation Athletes vs. Crohn’s Disease.

25:45: Toughest players to defend and toughest players to score against.

26:40: The biggest trash-talker he’s faced.

27:25: The most hostile opposing arenas.

28:10: Has Kobe Bryant been around the organization?

32:50: Will he participate in next season’s dunk contest?

00:35Rumors roundup: Dirk Nowitzki, Milos Teodosic, Paul George ...

http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/25/larry-nance-jr-on-lonzo-ball-paul-george-rumors-brook-lopez-trade-and-magic-johnsons-impact/
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Agreed. I hope he continues to develop his game so he doesn't give the Lakers reasons to trade or not re-sign him. He seems like a great teammate.

Now imagine a team populated by players skilled in intangibles. Nance Jr, Hart, Ball & Ingram. The Lakers draft brain trust has done a phenomenal job in recognizing the value of intangibles with our picks.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Nance got robbed for best dunk!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
epak wrote:

#2 D'Angelo Russell
#27 Larry Nance, Jr.
#34 Anthony Brown

"Who?"

Props to Larry.
I love this guy.

Yes,I did

There is a misconception that some folks didn't like Russell because they wanted Okafor, but that is far from the truth. As Lakers fans that don't pretend to be experts we can care less it it was our guy, we want to see a baller. I was against Nance selection, but after a couple of games despite the weird stroke Nance was a player playing right way and I loved him.

You knew Nance would out last DLo and AB after the 2015 draft?
Woo. No wonder you're the best player out of Canada.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDSrA8UUMAEvzWJ.jpg

Yep. He lost to oladipo
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LARRY WAS ROBBED!

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 178 of 221
Jump to: