2017 Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HartAttack
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Even when the Dodgers play bad, they still win easily. 4 wild pitches gives us 5 runs, and then Bellinger two more homers.

Unreal hot streak this team is on. They will end up like 105-57 or so in the regular season.
HartAttack
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Dang Kenley stopped his k to bb streak at 51.
bertrome
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Amazing how the Dodgers didn't give up a home run in the series.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject:

HartAttack wrote:
Dang Kenley stopped his k to bb streak at 51.

What a bum.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Front office can't be complacent because of the hot start. This may very well be the season we end the WS drought. Front office should work real hard to get that final piece by trade deadline who they think can push this team over the hump
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Front office can't be complacent because of the hot start. This may very well be the season we end the WS drought. Front office should work real hard to get that final piece by trade deadline who they think can push this team over the hump

More likely they'll work real hard to continue converting the team into Tampa West/Oakland South.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

10 in a row. Doyers rollin...Much love from China
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

The only glaring need at this point is a mid-rotation starter to ease the burden after Kersh/Wood/McCarthy. Of course a number 2 level starter (like last year's version of Hill) would be ideal. Outside of the starting rotation this team is DEEP. I would say maybe trade for a power hitter in the outfield but with Bellinger doing what he's doing and Pederson/Puig starting to heat up that might not be necessary.

This pace they're on right now is unbelievable.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

The only glaring need at this point is a mid-rotation starter to ease the burden after Kersh/Wood/McCarthy. Of course a number 2 level starter (like last year's version of Hill) would be ideal. Outside of the starting rotation this team is DEEP. I would say maybe trade for a power hitter in the outfield but with Bellinger doing what he's doing and Pederson/Puig starting to heat up that might not be necessary.

This pace they're on right now is unbelievable.

Imagine an Andrew Miller/Dellin Betances type in the bullpen along with Jansen. The team would be scary.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Still hoping that Urias needs time, not surgery. We'll soon know more, perhaps after this weekend.

Los Angeles Dodgers‏
Verified account
 @Dodgers 1m
1 minute ago

More
Julio Urías will have left anterior capsule surgery Tuesday morning in Los Angeles. The surgery will be performed by Dr. Neal El Attrache.

Apparently this is a very serious surgery. Johan Santana was never the same after this surgery.

Bleepety bleep.

Dang it. That was my worry. It's looking like they might have mishandled his development.

Who mishandled his development? Lol. He could've gotten the injury by throwing one pitch. So how did the Dodgers mishandled his development?

He's had a lot of starts and stops in his development to keep pace with his innings limit. For a starter, rhythm and routine is important, and he has been given an inconsistent workload with no real clear focus on what the plan was for him this season. It's a unique circumstance because of his talent level, but the team and player would have benefited the most if he was given a very specific role early on and not deviate from it unless he's shown that he's ready for increased responsibility. Now he's injured and that certainly will stall his development for quite a while. We'll never really know the cause of the injury, and it may very well have just been a fluke, but the inconsistent work schedule they had him on certainly did not help.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

Wow Bellinger's swing is a little reminiscent of Griffey's. Haven't been into baseball in years -- maybe I took for granted how Griff's beautiful swing made me watch.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject:

Aite, don't shout me down okay fellas? I'm just making an observation but dman does Bellinger not remind you guys of the Splendid Splinter?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/players/head_shot/641355.jpg

http://www.jimmyfund.org/uploadedImages/JimmyFund/Site_Content/About_Us/Boston_Red_Sox/Players/Images/ted-williams-1.jpg
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Aite, don't shout me down okay fellas? I'm just making an observation but dman does Bellinger not remind you guys of the Splendid Splinter?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/images/players/head_shot/641355.jpg

http://www.jimmyfund.org/uploadedImages/JimmyFund/Site_Content/About_Us/Boston_Red_Sox/Players/Images/ted-williams-1.jpg

Remember the talk about cloning ted williams?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Dodgers Are the New Cubs

Despite lacking a classic superstar slugger, this team can really hit. Their position players have combined for a 117 wRC+, third best in baseball, led by Cody Bellinger, Corey Seager, and Justin Turner. A rookie, a shortstop, and a third baseman with five home runs might not be your normal middle of the order, but these three have combined to hit .317/.405/.575 this year, good for a 158 wRC+ between them. Over the last two weeks, when the team has been basically unbeatable, those three have hit .393/.475/.807, good for a 229 wRC+. Right now, the middle of the Dodgers’ batting order is basically hitting like Peak Babe Ruth.

But what really makes the Dodgers offense scary is their depth. Their less-good regular hitters — Yasmani Grandal, Joc Pederson, and Yasiel Puig — are all above-average hitters, and then they’ve gotten high-end production from role players like Austin Barnes (144 wRC+), Kiké Hernandez (113 wRC+), and Chris Taylor (133 wRC+). They have so many guys worth playing that notable offseason acquisition Logan Forsythe has been turned into something of a utility player, as they don’t have the at-bats to give one of the better-hitting second baseman in baseball a full-time job at the position.

[...]

But right now, the Dodgers look about as formidable as baseball teams get. They hit, they field, they pitch, they have depth behind their stars, and they have a loaded farm system capable of facilitating talent acquisitions at the deadline if they choose to load up even more for a postseason run.

No team is ever perfect. The Dodgers have their flaws. But this team is really good at basically everything. They’re talented, young, deep, and have the closest thing to unlimited resources in baseball. Best of luck to the NL teams who have to take on this juggernaut for years to come. The Dodgers have reached the point where they aren’t just good; they’re scary.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-dodgers-are-the-new-cubs/

Worth reading the whole article.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Any update on McCarthy? Looked like he was having some arm problems yesterday.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

Cody is literally BALLIN outta control right now. This team offense is unreal.

Was watching the game last night, down 5-0 and this girl I'm seeing was on my case like why are you watching this nonsense? Was her first Dodgers game ever, she got to see a pretty sick comeback

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

It doesn't sound like there is anything with his arm. Very odd 2nd inning for McCarthy. I was watching the game on TWC. I think it was Hershiser on commentary and with their new play by play guy.

Anyway, they called it the "Yips"? Baseball people can be very superstitious indicating this is something (i.e. Yips) they (i.e. baseball people) do not like to talk about.

They mentioned McCarthy went thru this last year. Hershiser had an interesting observation that inning. McCarthy control of his breaking ball was fine. Those pitches were going right down the middle. However, the wildpitch's were fast balls which seems odd that is mechanically the easiest pitch to throw.

It just sounds like a momentary mental thing, like when a basketball player all of a sudden forgets how to shoot free throws. I think the good thing is Roberts regardless of score just let McCarthy work himself out of that ... whatever that was ...

That entire game was very odd. End of the game it was the Rockies relief pitcher that lost all his control. I guess the "Yips" are contagious. Boy, did the Dodgers capitalize.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
32 wrote:

It doesn't sound like there is anything with his arm. Very odd 2nd inning for McCarthy. I was watching the game on TWC. I think it was Hershiser on commentary and with their new play by play guy.

Anyway, they called it the "Yips"? Baseball people can be very superstitious indicating this is something (i.e. Yips) they (i.e. baseball people) do not like to talk about.

They mentioned McCarthy went thru this last year. Hershiser had an interesting observation that inning. McCarthy control of his breaking ball was fine. Those pitches were going right down the middle. However, the wildpitch's were fast balls which seems odd that is mechanically the easiest pitch to throw.

It just sounds like a momentary mental thing, like when a basketball player all of a sudden forgets how to shoot free throws. I think the good thing is Roberts regardless of score just let McCarthy work himself out of that ... whatever that was ...

That entire game was very odd. End of the game it was the Rockies relief pitcher that lost all his control. I guess the "Yips" are contagious. Boy, did the Dodgers capitalize.

Steve Blass disease. Also hit the likes of Steve Sax, Dontrelle Willis, etc.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Cody is literally BALLIN outta control right now. This team offense is unreal.

Was watching the game last night, down 5-0 and this girl I'm seeing was on my case like why are you watching this nonsense? Was her first Dodgers game ever, she got to see a pretty sick comeback

sounds like ex-girlfriend material to me
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

McCarthy to the DL with a knee issue.

Just reinforces the notion that we can't count on him as the #3 starter in the postseason. Heck, even Wood's injury history scares me.

I have no doubt that we can get through the regular season OK. But I am starting to wonder if acquiring another starter might be needed. But I don't just want another innings-eating, #4 type. We have plenty of those. If we trade for one, it better be a guy that I would feel good about in a postseason game.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Just reinforces the notion that we can't count on him as the #3 starter in the postseason. Heck, even Wood's injury history scares me.

I have no doubt that we can get through the regular season OK. But I am starting to wonder if acquiring another starter might be needed. But I don't just want another innings-eating, #4 type. We have plenty of those. If we trade for one, it better be a guy that I would feel good about in a postseason game.

Amusingly Cueto would probably make a lot of sense as far as trading for a starter goes. Giants are aging basement dwellers in desperate need of prospects and unloading of bloated contracts, and the Dodgers are a team that would possibly be willing to absorb Cueto's salary. And although he's not having a great year I think a change of scenery for him on a contender that would give him run support would yield much better results from him.

But since it's the Giants I doubt it happens. I don't think they'd want to be helping us solidify our rotation. Also if Cueto were to not opt out (due to continued diminished performance or injury) that's a lot of salary to take on for the remainder of his contract.

Jason Vargas would be the ideal trade target but since the Royals are surging back into contention that possibility is most likely out the window. Unless they fall flat again real quick.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

brandon-mccarthy-disabled-list-right-knee-inflammation-dodgers

Quote:
McCarthy was shut down for a month in August and September 2016 after completely losing the strike zone, walking five in three straight starts after not walking more than three in any start since 2009. On Sunday, he threw three wild pitches in a three-run second inning, and had a more specific problem, unable to throw his cutter where he wanted.

“If you look at yesterday, the first and third inning was good, and it was just that second inning, and it was just one pitch he couldn’t get command of,” Roberts said. “Brandon’s been very good for us, and I don’t think this is anywhere near what it was last year.”

They put him on the 10 day DL, so he only misses maybe 1 start. Doesn't sound serious. it probably be a good idea to get another starter.

Need Hill to come back to form from last year.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Man, I remember Nolasco. He was great for us...Didn't he win a playoff game by himself? Figures that he'd shut us down.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Man, I remember Nolasco. He was great for us...Didn't he win a playoff game by himself? Figures that he'd shut us down.

Dodgers always struggle against the Angels. Not surprised that the streak would end against them. Surprised that they were shutout though. Hopefully this isn't the start of a hitting slump after just mashing for the last few weeks.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Aka not an ex-Tampa/Oakland starter. Though odds are still good this incompetent FO continues to try for Tommy Milone, Matt Garza, or Alex Cobb.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 39 of 342
Jump to: