OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

If he can be a decent stretch 4 off the bench then it could be a good late pick I don't see playing time for him this year unless Randle get traded.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

This is Kyle Kuzma
http://22928-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Kuzma.jpg

This is Ben Simmons
http://cdn.phillymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ben-simmons-940x540.jpg

This is Sam Bowie
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rt0WEMXohbI/U7GkEK70WbI/AAAAAAAAAIk/PE36O0lSlpo/s1600/sam+bowie.jpg

They're all different people.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
This is Kyle Kuzma
http://22928-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Kuzma.jpg

This is Ben Simmons

This is Sam Bowie
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rt0WEMXohbI/U7GkEK70WbI/AAAAAAAAAIk/PE36O0lSlpo/s1600/sam+bowie.jpg

Kyle will be a good decoy when we play the 76ers. Throw him out there in a Simmons jersey.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject:

Bowie doesn't look like the other two
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
This is Kyle Kuzma

This is Ben Simmons

This is Sam Bowie

Or are they?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
I'm not too sure about this pick. I think this was a move to possibly be Randle's replacement when the FO let's him walk this summer to try to sign 2 max guys.

If Kuzma can develop a consistent 3pt shot (34+%) then he can be a solid stretch 4 in today's NBA

Guys, don't go just based on the college tape. He killed it at the combine and at the workouts. His 3 pointer has been almost automatic and that is why we drafted him. He is a serious shooter.

Then why didn't he demonstrate it against college talent for the past three years? And if he's a "serious shooter," what does that make guys like Markkanen and Lydon who shot well in games and in workouts?

I looked up his stats, he shot 32%, 26%, 32% from threes in his 3 years. But what's interesting is that he was also a 55% + shooter from twos in his 3 years. So maybe he has touch, and with touch, you can work on that three.

One of the explanations for why those percentages are so low, compared to how he shot the ball at the combine, is that the NBA 3pt line enables him to release his shot with more fluidity because of the extra distance.

We'll see how it translates.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

Kuzma wearing the #0. At least we know Swaggy won't be back w/ that number.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Bank god now just get clarkson out of here and the 3 stooges(personality wise) are all gone
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JohnWick wrote:
I'm not too sure about this pick. I think this was a move to possibly be Randle's replacement when the FO let's him walk this summer to try to sign 2 max guys.

If Kuzma can develop a consistent 3pt shot (34+%) then he can be a solid stretch 4 in today's NBA

Guys, don't go just based on the college tape. He killed it at the combine and at the workouts. His 3 pointer has been almost automatic and that is why we drafted him. He is a serious shooter.

Then why didn't he demonstrate it against college talent for the past three years? And if he's a "serious shooter," what does that make guys like Markkanen and Lydon who shot well in games and in workouts?

I looked up his stats, he shot 32%, 26%, 32% from threes in his 3 years. But what's interesting is that he was also a 55% + shooter from twos in his 3 years. So maybe he has touch, and with touch, you can work on that three.

One of the explanations for why those percentages are so low, compared to how he shot the ball at the combine, is that the NBA 3pt line enables him to release his shot with more fluidity because of the extra distance.

More like, the reason why the percentages are so low is because he started last season roughly 5 of 28, then finished January, March, and April with a 38%+ or higher clip.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
3'Angelo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:

Bank god now just get clarkson out of here and the 3 stooges(personality wise) are all gone

I love D'lo but I approve of this comment
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject:

3'Angelo wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

More like, the reason why the percentages are so low is because he started last season roughly 5 of 28, then finished January, March, and April with a 38%+ or higher clip.

He should only shoot in March looking at his monthly splits for the past three years.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma, looks like Ben Simmons younger brother...
I think this kid is going to surprise some people on this Lakers team. The future looks bright!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully this guy pans out. I thought the move to deal 28 for 30 & 42 had something to do with PG13. But it doesn't seem like it. Because I would have liked Tony Bradley at 27 and Josh Hart at 28. But I get the thinking due to acquiring Brook Lopez. But still I hope the Jazz didn't get the best player in this bunch.

Last edited by Runway8 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:

Initially I thought Bank God was another God like Bass God.
Then I realized what you meant.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

we gotta get Michael Buffer to introduce Kyle Kuzma:

"and now, from the University of Utah Runnin’ Utes... wearing number zero and starting at the power forward position... Kyle Kuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzma!"
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
JohnWick wrote:

Yep. That sounds more of the reason.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Rob called him "an unbelievable passer" today. There's something really interesting to me about Kuzma's combination of size, fluidity, handle, & solid athleticism with some shooting potential.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
https://youtu.be/fEz257cvzu8?t=375

Rob called him "an unbelievable passer" today. There's something really interesting to me about Kuzma's combination of size, fluidity, handle, & solid athleticism with some shooting potential.

sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder them telling him pre draft hes late 2nd round or Undrafted
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
https://youtu.be/fEz257cvzu8?t=375

sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder them telling him pre draft hes late 2nd round or Undrafted

That was how Nance looked on a lot of boards in 2015 but he's one of the most impactful players who was drafted out of that class

I think I prefer Kuzma's ceiling to Nance's though. Really excited to see him in summer league!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't get why he was considered a late 2nd round pick before the combine. I mean, really, is he any worse/better of a prospect than Sam Dekker was coming out of Wisconsin? Was the draft that deep? Or was that its just that Kuzma came from a less prestigious program?

You watch the tape on the guy and he's, without a doubt, an NBA player. Probably drafted about where he should have been in the draft given the prospects that went ahead of him, but anywhere lower than say 35-40 would have been a bit crazy to me. He has first round talent and likely would have been drafted higher in less deep drafts.

I don't know what that means for him or who he will become, just odd to me to hear those things about how he was thought of pre-combine.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get why he was considered a late 2nd round pick before the combine. I mean, really, is he any worse/better of a prospect than Sam Dekker was coming out of Wisconsin? Was the draft that deep? Or was that its just that Kuzma came from a less prestigious program?

You watch the tape on the guy and he's, without a doubt, an NBA player. Probably drafted about where he should have been in the draft given the prospects that went ahead of him, but anywhere lower than say 35-40 would have been a bit crazy to me. He has first round talent and likely would have been drafted higher in less deep drafts.

I don't know what that means for him or who he will become, just odd to me to hear those things about how he was thought of pre-combine.

I'm digging into his weaknesses & limitations more right now but wondering the same thing. Lots of stat nerds like McBasketball, Vecenie, & Pelton disliked/hated the pick. Would love more input here if anyone has it!

I think that trends are just as important to watch as statistical impact though... that's what had me feeling a lot more optimistic about Ingram as the season wrapped up, when I looked back at how his #s improved almost by the month. Kuzma made significant jumps season-by-season. I feel more comfortable in him as a prospect in that he didn't have one crazy break-out year, because it shows that his production isn't a fluke.

I did prefer other guys to Kuzma at the time of the draft though. I didn't know a lot about him... I was really into Jawun Evans. This is one of the times where I'm paying more attention to the tangible skills he has than his advanced numbers, just because the combination of everything he has to offer is unique... is this how Ingram stans feel?

Having trouble figuring out what Kuzma's likely NBA outcome is. Don't like the Nance comps, he's more versatile.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

There aren't a lot of comps for a 6'9/6'10 SF/PF who can dribble, pass and shoot the 3 without going right to Durant (who obviously is not a comp to Kuzma, even if Kuzma may try to emulate him). That being said, here are some potential comps for Kuzma as I see it:

Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
Yi Jianlin
Danny Granger
Rudy Gay (plus better 3pt shooting)
Sam Dekker
Danilo Gallinari
Tobias Harris
Otto Porter

That's what I could come up with. Kuzma is in the mold of guys like Durant and Ingram, just without the same level of crazy length/athleticism/skill. Guys who can shoot, pass and dribble at that size aren't that common, which is why they are so valuable and worth taking a flyer on. Anyway, yea, completely different player than Nance (who is more like a Serge Ibaka than a Kevin Durant).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

3'Angelo wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
epak wrote:

If you PM Omar you can change your name
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 13 of 880
Jump to: