Lavar Ball thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Lavar Ball thread

Posting it here so it doesn't have to be in the lounge
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject:

My Lavar thread was locked

They just put the kibosh on another Lavar thread in the lounge

a mayyyy

ziiiiing grace

how sweet

the sound
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject:

When I hear him talk.... Lavar sounds like the guy selling bootleg merchandise outside of Staples Center before the game.

I really don't want or need that glow-in-the-dark fidget spinner... but I'll be damned if he doesn't try to make it sound like the greatest thing ever.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject:

All an act... and it worked, everybody knows his company's brand name and his son is the 2nd pick playing for Lakers. Kudos
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

hes gonna be on WWE RAw tomorrow at staples. I love this man
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Paid off well for him. Being a complete nobody to now showing up to a WWE event...
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

dude is a marketing genius. Look how he made his brand from garage company to nationally (maybe international now that lonzo a laker) known
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

nice down to earth interview

carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject:

he better be the new Magic Jonhson.
I see a Felipe Lopez in the making.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Lavar attacks the 76ers.. lol

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/76ers/lavar-ball-says-jerry-colangelo-helicopter-parent-messing-76ers/
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/76ers/lavar-ball-says-jerry-colangelo-helicopter-parent-messing-76ers/

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Lavar fires back at Embiid: https://twitter.com/PerSources/status/883421102432821248
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

this guy is my fking hero.. LMAO.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:

I think you can tell a lot about a guy from his tweets. Embiid is the class clown, and a bully type. Lavar Ball is a dream excuse for these types to get their bully on. Talking about dunking on Lonzo and stuff. I'm actually not threaten by the Philly kids. I think it's a long shot they grow and do something good together. Embiid is a clown, Simmons doesn't seem competitive, and Fultz was passed up by Ainge, which doesn't necessarily mean much, but still, it says something. Once in a generation talents don't get passed up like that. "Thanks but no thanks, we're good with Tatum."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

Joel Embiid on being fined for saying "(bleep) Lavar Ball" on social media: "I think most people have been wanting to say that ... I'm glad I said it."

Link

Bonus: DLo sighting.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

He took the ball and went home.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

You rob the kids of a championship experience because of your ego?
What's the lesson here, Lavar? When life is unfair and the going gets tough, you quit? Nice job, "COACH"....

How do parents put up with this scumbag? Just when I was starting to warm up to the guy a bit and thinking it really was all just an act... smh.

embarrassing
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

What's the lesson here, Lavar? When life is unfair and the going gets tough, you quit? Nice job, "COACH"....

How do parents put up with this scumbag? Just when I was starting to warm up to the guy a bit and thinking it really was all just an act... smh.

embarrassing
i just want to make sure you said the same things when he was preaching to his team how to play properly. or are you one of those types to wait around for someone to do something that others and yourself dont like and then pounce? i say lets be honest about the whole person not just the part we want to talk about thats either good or bad.

and actually for the record, there isnt just one lesson to be learned in that situation. lavar's team was up on the other team before he took his ball and went home so to speak.

He may have taught the kids a valuable lesson in dont allow yourself to be disrespected. especially when you're paying for these refs. There are a lot of times refs step way outside of their space to become wanna be coaches and "play the right way" experts. meaning they ref the game based on how they would like you to play it. if you dont play it that way, no matter how good your team is. you may end up being punished for it. vs what refs are supposed to do which is call the obvious stuff and keep the game clean so guys can decide the game for themselves. if you have ever played organized ball. the best kind of ref is a ref you dont even know is there. same goes for college and the nba.

you dont think about the out of bounds line. but its there to keep you within the parameters of the game and the rules. but its not constantly switching it up and shrinking, stretching depending on how you're playing or how the other team is playing or how the ref feels that day.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

embarrassing
i just want to make sure you said the same things when he was preaching to his team how to play properly. or are you one of those types to wait around for someone to do something that others and yourself dont like and then pounce? i say lets be honest about the whole person not just the part we want to talk about thats either good or bad.

and actually for the record, there isnt just one lesson to be learned in that situation. lavar's team was up on the other team before he took his ball and went home so to speak.

He may have taught the kids a valuable lesson in dont allow yourself to be disrespected. especially when you're paying for these refs. There are a lot of times refs step way outside of their space to become wanna be coaches and "play the right way" experts. meaning they ref the game based on how they would like you to play it. if you dont play it that way, no matter how good your team is. you may end up being punished for it. vs what refs are supposed to do which is call the obvious stuff and keep the game clean so guys can decide the game for themselves. if you have ever played organized ball. the best kind of ref is a ref you dont even know is there. same goes for college and the nba.

you dont think about the out of bounds line. but its there to keep you within the parameters of the game and the rules. but its not constantly switching it up and shrinking, stretching depending on how you're playing or how the other team is playing or how the ref feels that day.

All he did was teach the kids how to quit. So much for being a coach, which entails being a role model. You know, little things like fighting through adversity, and controlling your emotions. He's just a self-indulgent douche bag.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

embarrassing

All he did was teach the kids how to quit. So much for being a coach, which entails being a role model. You know, little things like fighting through adversity, and controlling your emotions. He's just a self-indulgent douche bag.

Exactly. Agree with every word angrypuppy.

All those other valuable traits that he taught early on go out the window with tactics like this. What he did is the exact definition of a loser imo. Not only that but he actually went home, sat on the couch and recorded an "explanation video" where Lavar spent about 5 seconds talking about how horrible the refs were then went on for a good 2 or so minutes telling anyone watching to come to his next pop up on sunday and buy BBB merch haha..

Also, when I watched the highlight vids I saw at least two times where the other team was complaining about a call as well but in reality none of the calls either way (unless there were much worse calls not shown in videos posted already which I find extremely unlikely) did not even look THAT bad, def. not bad enough to contemplate doing a walk out.

The biggest FU he could have given the refs if they really were going after him is winning the game despite them trying to step in the way. Then he could have went on one of his douchesque temper tantrums afterwards and it would have been nothing more then another day in the life of Lavar.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:

(bleep) he was just starting to win me over. That's really lame.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

embarrassing

I'd normally something like:
Hi, Lavar.

...but your retort was a little too coherent. (It's a bunch of horseshtt, but coherent nonetheless) Sorry if I insulted your idol with my harsh criticism. I'll try to 'stay in my lane' next time. ::eyeroll
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

embarrassing

I'd normally something like:
Hi, Lavar.

...but your retort was a little too coherent. (It's a bunch of horseshtt, but coherent nonetheless) Sorry if I insulted your idol with my harsh criticism. I'll try to 'stay in my lane' next time. ::eyeroll
you dont have to agree with me o rmy stance. doesnt pay my bills either way. and its not horse.... either. its just not your opinion.

see there's this thing people call sportsmanship. I have heard this all my life growing up from adults, coaches, refs, parents, etc. Then i started to notice something. a lot of people who talk about it a lot are not really about that life so to speak. It starts when you see the kids play. These coaches/parents are all about sportsmanship as long as everything is going their way. I've seen these same coaches/parents blow teams out and not show any mercy to the other team. But when it happens to them. They are all up in arms. "what happened to sportsmanship?" Stop it.

Like i said above. You can be disrespected as a team by officials. I have personally dealt with that on some teams. So i know how it feels. Maybe you never have dealt with that. Some times you can say " this is a learning experience of overcoming adversity." Then other times you have to call the BS for what it is..BS. This is game at the end of the day and if a ref is disrespecting my team and its obvious for his own personal reasons. It may be time to step away from the game. Because at the end of the day its just that...a game. And thats also a lesson these kids need to learn. Everything on that court is not a big challenge to overcome. Some times you need to let them have it and just walk away from the BS. Not every time and not most of the time. But there are those moments. Was this one of those times for Lavar's team? Might have been one of those situations. The best thing he did was to not be losing when he did it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

What a POS.

embarrassing

Exactly. Agree with every word angrypuppy.

All those other valuable traits that he taught early on go out the window with tactics like this. What he did is the exact definition of a loser imo. Not only that but he actually went home, sat on the couch and recorded an "explanation video" where Lavar spent about 5 seconds talking about how horrible the refs were then went on for a good 2 or so minutes telling anyone watching to come to his next pop up on sunday and buy BBB merch haha..

Also, when I watched the highlight vids I saw at least two times where the other team was complaining about a call as well but in reality none of the calls either way (unless there were much worse calls not shown in videos posted already which I find extremely unlikely) did not even look THAT bad, def. not bad enough to contemplate doing a walk out.

The biggest FU he could have given the refs if they really were going after him is winning the game despite them trying to step in the way. Then he could have went on one of his douchesque temper tantrums afterwards and it would have been nothing more then another day in the life of Lavar.
The bolded is not always the case. There are times when you should just walk off the court and leave. Especially when the FUN is gone. Now this is purely speculation. If those kids were no longer having fun due to a ridiculously bias official who may act like this often(the probably see these same refs a lot.) Then yeah, there are times when you need to just leave. The FU so to speak was already there when they were in the lead and still walked off. Thats how much I know you the ref are full of it. I'm willing to leave the game alone and let you and your BS have it this aint fun for the kids at all. this is a game. games are supposed to be fun.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: