Let's all Laugh at the Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
They locked DeAndre in a house, got em to renege and now... peace out. Lol, tricked

Worst prank ever. We are going to ruin your career and make you be a Clipper in the prime of your career....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:
They locked DeAndre in a house, got em to renege and now... peace out. Lol, tricked

Worst prank ever. We are going to ruin your career and make you be a Clipper in the prime of your career....

TBH I thought the Clippers were going to do much better than they did last year. I had then winning the division with a good chance of getting to the finals.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

So apparently the Carmelo to the Clippers for Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, and Paul Pierce offer was actually for real. Doc Rivers was absolutely INSANE to not make that deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718611-chris-paul-doc-rivers-reportedly-clashed-over-austin-rivers-carmelo-anthony

Unbelievable. No wonder why Chris Paul wanted to leave. A dominant wing iso player is exactly what the Clippers were missing the most during their championship window.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:

TBH I thought the Clippers were going to do much better than they did last year. I had then winning the division with a good chance of getting to the finals.

You truly thought they'd win the Pacific Division over the Warriors - who won 73 games in the season prior and just acquired Kevin Durant?

I can buy that you thought the Clippers would see improvement, as well as the Warriors could experience some struggles to integrate KD. But outside of catastrophic injury, it was almost a forgone conclusion the Warriors would have the best record in the league when all was said and done. The Warriors are a collection of chemistry and winning, the Clippers are full of dysfunction and underachieving.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So apparently the Carmelo to the Clippers for Austin Rivers, Jamal Crawford, and Paul Pierce offer was actually for real. Doc Rivers was absolutely INSANE to not make that deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718611-chris-paul-doc-rivers-reportedly-clashed-over-austin-rivers-carmelo-anthony

Unbelievable. No wonder why Chris Paul wanted to leave. A dominant wing iso player is exactly what the Clippers were missing the most during their championship window.

I don't know if I'd still consider Carmelo dominant (only ball-dominant), but the dude definitely would have brought more credibility to the Clippers' championship hopes and at least kept CP3 mildly satisfied with the team's direction.

If Doc really rejected that trade, he's a complete buffoon and I don't blame CP3 one bit for leaving this idiot coach/GM in the dust. Austin was on the brink of playing the rest of his career in Europe/China and big daddy nepotism saves the day and signs son to a ridiculous contract.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

Like I said in another post, I'd not be surprised if Doc was next.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Nepotism at its best
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Melo would've fit well on the Clippers because they need somebody to not choke in crunchtime....how often have we seen their offense get shut down in the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round and lose a game they were favored to win?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I don't know if I'd still consider Carmelo dominant (only ball-dominant), but the dude definitely would have brought more credibility to the Clippers' championship hopes and at least kept CP3 mildly satisfied with the team's direction.

If Doc really rejected that trade, he's a complete buffoon and I don't blame CP3 one bit for leaving this idiot coach/GM in the dust. Austin was on the brink of playing the rest of his career in Europe/China and big daddy nepotism saves the day and signs son to a ridiculous contract.

In my opinion, there were basically problems with the Chris Paul era Clippers:

1) No dominant iso wing-player who could take pressure off of Paul or who they could go to when they needed to score. As good as Paul is, I've never really seen him as a dominant iso scorer.

2) Second option in Blake Griffin simply isn't that good.

3) The Clippers started off as a very deep team, particularly at the guard positions, with guys like Eric Bledsoe coming off the bench. They gradually lost this depth until they were basically a three or four man team this year.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Melo would've fit well on the Clippers because they need somebody to not choke in crunchtime....how often have we seen their offense get shut down in the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round and lose a game they were favored to win?

Isn't Melo a big time choker? The only time he made it deep into the playoffs was when he played with Chauncey Billups, one of the greatest clutch performers of all-time.

mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Isn't Melo a big time choker? The only time he made it deep into the playoffs was when he played with Chauncey Billups, one of the greatest clutch performers of all-time.

IIRC, several years ago (when Kobe was still Kobe), Melo had pretty clutch stats (end of game/4th quarter). I don't think he's a choker, but I do think he's a ball hog.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

He has been average to below average in regards to the FO duties of his position and now has lost or is losing the locker room.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Blake Griffin to meet with the Suns.
Would not be surprised if he leaves. Clippers will probably rebuild thru the draft, its much cheaper, don't have to pay these a big name free agents 30-40 million a year.....with Ballmer planning to spend 1 billion of his own money to build a new arena, I can see the purse strings tightening a bit.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

He has been average to below average in regards to the FO duties of his position and now has lost or is losing the locker room.

Is Doc even a good coach? Why did most posters on here say that that he outcoached Phil in the 2008 finals?

Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Is Doc even a good coach? Why did most posters on here say that that he outcoached Phil in the 2008 finals?

Horrible and weak leader. It's all (bleep) rah-rah crap he spits. Fool hung up banners and giant selfies of his players as if they accomplished anything. He made his players less hungry. He made them believe they had already done something when they were nothing but posers. That and everytime they self destructed he always made up excuses and gave them outs. He won once with a stacked Boston team who played 8 on 5 the whole series. My cute lil granny could have done that.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Nope. He lucked out with a good team that was aided in the finals by a Bynum injury and a defense that would've fouled out all the starters if it was implemented in LA. It's a shame nepotism has effectively ruined all of the relevant basketball teams in LA.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Nope. He lucked out with a good team that was aided in the finals by a Bynum injury and a defense that would've fouled out all the starters if it was implemented in LA. It's a shame nepotism has effectively ruined all of the relevant basketball teams in LA.

So did he actually outcoach Phil in 2008 or did posters here just want to use Phil as a scapegoat?

I guess there's also the factor that Tom Thibbodeau was his lead assistant in 2008 and was the architect behind one of the best defensive teams of all time.

VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Chris Paul and James Haren on the same team? Can they combine to create one mega-flop?

No, that's ridiculous. They don't even flop on the same side of the court. Chris Paul is a defensive flopper whereas Harden is a Paul Pierce-style head-jerker on offense.

People worried about how they'll fit together are totally overblowing it. Their flopping styles mesh perfectly.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Because the Celtics beat up on us pretty good in that series, so it's easy to just make blanket statements like that.

Also Thibs was still there in '08 and I think people weren't sure what was him and what was doc back then.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

So did he actually outcoach Phil in 2008 or did posters here just want to use Phil as a scapegoat?

I guess there's also the factor that Tom Thibbodeau was his lead assistant in 2008 and was the architect behind one of the best defensive teams of all time.

The best part about their defense was them always spouting off about it so people identified them as a "physical" team - even the refs get influenced by that (bleep) so Kendrick Perkins can foul the crap out of Pau before he even catches the ball and it gets ignored as "good physical defense."

Game 2 of the 2008 series -- where some carbon-based life form known as Leon Powe shot more free throws than our (bleep) entire team -- was the worst officiating I've seen since Game 5 in Sacramento, '02.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:

Game 2 of the 2008 series -- where some carbon-based life form known as Leon Powe shot more free throws than our (bleep) entire team -- was the worst officiating I've seen since Game 5 in Sacramento, '02.

It was insanely suspect when they ran that interview segment on his life out the blue just as the free-throw parade was happening.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

It was insanely suspect when they ran that interview segment on his life out the blue just as the free-throw parade was happening.

That was a disgusting game to say the least. Leon "MVP" Powe...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Because the Celtics beat up on us pretty good in that series, so it's easy to just make blanket statements like that.

Also Thibs was still there in '08 and I think people weren't sure what was him and what was doc back then.

Doc reminds me of Mike Brown in some ways... A "player's coach" who doesn't have a great understanding of Xs and Os and basically just functions as a cheerleader.

Thibs is a defensive mastermind and I guess their three HoF players generated their own offense.

VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
K2 wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:

That was a disgusting game to say the least. Leon "MVP" Powe...

Yeah it was... different than other games.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
VegasLakerFan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I agree with this.

Doc reminds me of Mike Brown in some ways... A "player's coach" who doesn't have a great understanding of Xs and Os and basically just functions as a cheerleader.

Thibs is a defensive mastermind and I guess their three HoF players generated their own offense.

I've never been a believer in Doc. I mean I he did win coach of the year while in Orlando, but this was back in the days when the East was a WASTELAND. Other than that, his teams were at or around .500 most of the time. If it wasn't for Thibbs,KG and Ray, he probably would have gotten fired from Boston anyway.

!...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16
Jump to: