PAUL GEORGE Thread (Scared to "Straddle the Fence" with Lakers and throws Jab at LeBron, pg. 1027)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:
I absolutely love the trade. Sure we got fleeced but that happened a long time ago, not tonight. This trade will create good karma for Indy in the long run because there are literally 23 other teams just like us (24 if you include Cleveland after next season) who never get consideration from marquee free agents. This trade is a big F.U. to the monopoly at the top who think they control all the activity. Now because Cleveland and Boston chose to be stubborn, they lost out on a piece that could have helped either contend with GSW.

Best case scenario is the Thunder are phenomenal next season prompting both Russ and Paul to commit long term, leaving LAL in the gutter. This domino effect will have LBJ leave Cleveland for OKC. Then to top it off I hope Boston struggles with so many young players on the roster, while Markelle Fultz blows up.

P.S. Anyone playing this trade off as a great move by Presti should also comprehend that Presti's situation is similar to the last girl being asked to dance. KP did it out of sympathy. Presti is lucky here as no skill was involved on his part.

Quote:
I agree with a lot of what you said. It's a finger in the eye to Ainge and Magic and to LBJ as well. They could have dominated the east with PG and LBJ and Irving, they could have made a run at beating GSW next finals. But now they're gonna be bring the same team back and get smoked again! For the Celtics they'll get smoked like a cheap cigar if they get to play Cleveland.

Will Boston get Hayward? Wouldn't it be fun for us to wake up monday and hear the Pacers signed him. Not gonna happen but that might get me back and keep me from watching reruns of WWE Wrestling instead of basketball.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
That OKC GM is a bad man. And he's been a bad man for a while now. Drafting Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Adams?!
Grabbing Kanter (when he was desirable).Same for Oladipo.
Now this??!!

But he lost Harden and Durant and Ibaka.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:
I absolutely love the trade. Sure we got fleeced but that happened a long time ago, not tonight. This trade will create good karma for Indy in the long run because there are literally 23 other teams just like us (24 if you include Cleveland after next season) who never get consideration from marquee free agents. This trade is a big F.U. to the monopoly at the top who think they control all the activity. Now because Cleveland and Boston chose to be stubborn, they lost out on a piece that could have helped either contend with GSW.

Best case scenario is the Thunder are phenomenal next season prompting both Russ and Paul to commit long term, leaving LAL in the gutter. This domino effect will have LBJ leave Cleveland for OKC. Then to top it off I hope Boston struggles with so many young players on the roster, while Markelle Fultz blows up.

P.S. Anyone playing this trade off as a great move by Presti should also comprehend that Presti's situation is similar to the last girl being asked to dance. KP did it out of sympathy. Presti is lucky here as no skill was involved on his part.

Quote:
I agree with a lot of what you said. It's a finger in the eye to Ainge and Magic and to LBJ as well. They could have dominated the east with PG and LBJ and Irving, they could have made a run at beating GSW next finals. But now they're gonna be bring the same team back and get smoked again! For the Celtics they'll get smoked like a cheap cigar if they get to play Cleveland.

Will Boston get Hayward? Wouldn't it be fun for us to wake up monday and hear the Pacers signed him. Not gonna happen but that might get me back and keep me from watching reruns of WWE Wrestling instead of basketball.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:

Quote:

Trading for "karma"? Maybe teams should offer karma as a trade piece from now on.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

more pacer fans

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm so happy with this, Dipo back to Indy <3

He went to college at IU and was a bit of a hero for those wondering

Um....I live in Bloomington, and this trade is like somebody peeing on you and telling you its cool cause they went to school here.

DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

vanexelent wrote:
kikanga wrote:
That OKC GM is a bad man. And he's been a bad man for a while now. Drafting Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and Adams?!
Now this??!!

So true lol. You can even say he's not a bad man at all because he had 3 mvps at his fingertips and doesn't have anything but a middling squad to show for it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

So true lol. You can even say he's not a bad man at all because he had 3 mvps at his fingertips and doesn't have anything but a middling squad to show for it.

Sucks to be small market.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

Same bad man traded Harden when he could've had a dynasty.

He's not that great.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:

Quote:

this is pretty sad
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
more pacer fans

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm so happy with this, Dipo back to Indy <3

He went to college at IU and was a bit of a hero for those wondering

Um....I live in Bloomington, and this trade is like somebody peeing on you and telling you its cool cause they went to school here.

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Pacers fans acting happy about getting Oladipo for PG

https://media.tenor.com/images/46a511910882244973328cddc8168131/tenor.gif
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

That fool basically said the best asset they got in the trade was"good karma"
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Lakers2015"]
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

He's not that great.[/quote

To be fair, I blame the owner, Clay Bennett, far more. The owner essentially refused to amnesty Perkins so that they could give Harden his max at the time. And even with keeping Perkins, OKC's offer to Harden ended up only being something like $6-8MM less (in total, not annually) than the full max. The owner simply wasn't willing to go into the luxury tax. Cheapskate.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Now because Cleveland and Boston chose to be stubborn, they lost out on a piece that could have helped either contend with GSW.

And because you're dumb GM was petty, you lost out on picks, actually good young players, an All-Star in Love, and many other better packages than the one you got. (bleep) dumbass fans.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Quote:
Now because Cleveland and Boston chose to be stubborn, they lost out on a piece that could have helped either contend with GSW.

And because you're dumb GM was petty, you lost out on picks, actually good young players, an All-Star in Love, and many other better packages than the one you got. (bleep) dumbass fans.

This is what years of mediocrity does to a fanbase. Instead of being concerned with getting the best return that they could, to, you know, help the franchise rebuild, they are more concerned with the other teams. It sounds like Pritchard and their fans are a perfect match.

I would be mad as hell if I were a Pacer fan right now.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:

Quote:

this is pretty sad

Hmmm...a form of collective bargaining used by small market GMs to stop stacked teams from being formed by big market GMs. Trade tanking. This will likely encourage players to go to greater extremes to team up.

If LeBron goes to Golden State, we may as well watch wrestling. At least now and then they break the script on someone. That team would be 11/10 odds to win a championship in Vegas.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Pacers fans...

Quote:
Boneman2 wrote:

Quote:

this is pretty sad

Hmmm...a form of collective bargaining used by small market GMs to stop stacked teams from being formed by big market GMs. Trade tanking. This will likely encourage players to go to greater extremes to team up.

If LeBron goes to Golden State, we may as well watch wrestling. At least now and then they break the script on someone. That team would be 11/10 odds to win a championship in Vegas.

I can hear Sweet Georgia Brown playing in the background...

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerEric wrote:
Damn! Anyone see Emplay/Pincus on NBATV? Happy for him and his career but he has gained some weight! I remember when he was as lean as Jerry Seinfeld! Going to give Brian Windhorst a run for his money! That new money bringing some good meals in! Sorry dude but I was shocked that was you Emplay!

This was so rude and hilarious
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

I put that on ownership. They could've kept everyone together like OKC. Just had to pay luxury tax. But owner is a cheapo.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
David Aldridge was saying on ESPN that it's not a sure thing Westbrook and PG will both be in OKC after a year, and that PG can take Westbrook with him when he bolts to the Lakers.

If we see Luke using Lonzo as a shooting guard a lot this year then maybe Westbrook's the second piece. Although I'd rather have Cousins, LeBron or Blake instead of Westbrook.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

[quote="ChickenStu"]
Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

To be fair, I blame the owner, Clay Bennett, far more. The owner essentially refused to amnesty Perkins so that they could give Harden his max at the time. And even with keeping Perkins, OKC's offer to Harden ended up only being something like $6-8MM less (in total, not annually) than the full max. The owner simply wasn't willing to go into the luxury tax. Cheapskate.

Actually the major blame goes for the Lakers. OKC thought that having a big was more important when trying to compete with Bynum and Gasol than having Harden.

It's a cautionary tale that you shouldn't always try to beat a power at their own game and it might be better to attack a weakness. Wonder which team try's to destroy GSW with size. OKC almost beat them 2 years ago by going big before choking.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

[quote="LakerMindLA"]
ChickenStu wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

Actually the major blame goes for the Lakers. OKC thought that having a big was more important when trying to compete with Bynum and Gasol than having Harden.

It's a cautionary tale that you shouldn't always try to beat a power at their own game and it might be better to attack a weakness. Wonder which team try's to destroy GSW with size. OKC almost beat them 2 years ago by going big before choking.

Uhhhhhh, no. The blame for that goes to OKC. It wasn't a matter of either or between Harden and Ibaka. They could have kept both if they were willing to pony up the cash. They chose not to and have never made the finals ever again.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

[quote="LakerMindLA"]
ChickenStu wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

They had one. His name was Serge Ibaka. Perkins was garbage, even with the Celtics. (They were better off statistically when Rasheed Wallace, at the very end of his career, was playing the 5 instead of him.) The idea that they couldn't keep James Harden because of Kendrick Perkins...I mean, it's just disgusting.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

[quote="mhan00"]
LakerMindLA wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Now this??!!

Uhhhhhh, no. The blame for that goes to OKC. It wasn't a matter of either or between Harden and Ibaka. They could have kept both if they were willing to pony up the cash. They chose not to and have never made the finals ever again.

It wasn't Ibaka or Harden they were deciding against.

They chose Perkins over Harden because you had to go through the Lakers at the time and thought they needed Perkins to match up with Bynum with Ibaka matching up with Pau.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

It will be interesting if OKC goes all in now and resigns Taj and Roberson. It would put them in the luxury tax and then if they did resign PG13 and Westbrook, they would be in the luxury tax for the foreseeable future and paying repeater tax.

It is one thing to pay $30-50m in luxury tax if you're the best team in the NBA, its another if you're the 4th seed in the West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 744, 745, 746 ... 1026, 1027, 1028  Next
Page 745 of 1028
Jump to: