Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I ain't falling for it. Pacman beats Horn, MoneyMay beats McGregor. Next thing you know, hype another Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Killing thing, it'll probably sell.

Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn fight to air live on ESPN on July 1

LINK

gotta milk these $100000000 fights til it dry (people will pay for these' names')

Majestic and Noble

Humans, who survived evolution, pay BIG $$ to watch two humans hopefully beat each other to death

More money spent here than on the whole 2016 Presidential Elections?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

Is the fight game getting the message? Mikey Garcia vs Adrien Broner, Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn both televised free. It's a great way to get the casual fan interested in boxing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is the fight game getting the message? Mikey Garcia vs Adrien Broner, Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff Horn both televised free. It's a great way to get the casual fan interested in boxing.

Showtime is not free and the only reason why Manny's fight is on ESPN is because it was included in the deal Arum made with ESPN. You can't have Garcia vs. Broner on PPV because they both don't have a fan base and it would be a bad investment. Do you think Arum would put Manny on ESPN if he was fighting a worthy opponent?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Showtime is not free and the only reason why Manny's fight is on ESPN is because it was included in the deal Arum made with ESPN. You can't have Garcia vs. Broner on PPV because they both don't have a fan base and it would be a bad investment. Do you think Arum would put Manny on ESPN if he was fighting a worthy opponent?

You're correct to a degree, you have to be a ShowTime subscriber to see the fight. That's different from PPV.

ShowTime has approximately 1.5 millions subscribers. I don't know how many buys Canelo vs GGG has generated. I don't think Manny will garner 1.5 million buys.

I don't think Arum would put Manny on ESPN regardless of who he was fighting. It would be a insult to a fighter of Manny's stature.

Garcia and Broner are not PPV fighters, not now and I don't see them being in the future.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You're correct to a degree, you have to be a ShowTime subscriber to see the fight. That's different from PPV.

ShowTime has approximately 1.5 millions subscribers. I don't know how many buys Canelo vs GGG has generated. I don't think Manny will garner 1.5 million buys.

I don't think Arum would put Manny on ESPN regardless of who he was fighting. It would be a insult to a fighter of Manny's stature.

Garcia and Broner are not PPV fighters, not now and I don't see them being in the future.

Showtime and network TV are not the same thing. Most providers offer Showtime as an add on to their packages. You're paying an extra $10-15 a month to have Showtime/HBO. Channels like ESPN are already included in most packages people subscribed to.

Arum doesn't care about Manny's legacy... all he cares about is money. If the deal makes him money then he will do it. The reason why the fight is not on PPV is because Arum would end up losing millions with the event. Why have a fight on PPV if you already know ahead of time you won't break even? Arum put Manny on ESPN because he had to give ESPN a big fight to get the deal started with ESPN.

Arum should work on a deal with GBP to showcase their fighters on ABC twice a month.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Nissan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Showtime and network TV are not the same thing. Most providers offer Showtime as an add on to their packages. You're paying an extra $10-15 a month to have Showtime/HBO. Channels like ESPN are already included in most packages people subscribed to.

Arum doesn't care about Manny's legacy... all he cares about is money. If the deal makes him money then he will do it. The reason why the fight is not on PPV is because Arum would end up losing millions with the event. Why have a fight on PPV if you already know ahead of time you won't break even? Arum put Manny on ESPN because he had to give ESPN a big fight to get the deal started with ESPN.

Arum should work on a deal with GBP to showcase their fighters on ABC twice a month.

I know the difference. I'm talking about the fight game bringing quality fights to the casual fight fan using ShowTime and ESPN as vehicles. Using options other than PPV to air quality bouts as means to generate interest in a waning sport.

Quality bouts shown to a larger audience may garner more interest and can only help PPV numbers.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Still some boxing this weekend:

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

CBS Sporstnet doesn't list fights under "boxing", so better to just check the guide schedule than search for keyword.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

2 televised cards (including 1 PBC on Bounce TV) on Friday, prior to Saturday's big fight...errr...big mis-match (LOL).

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

its crazy that Pacman is on ESPN. i love not paying for a fight.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I actually give horn that first round.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Round 2: 10-9 Pac
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

holy head butts..
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

man.. that was a dirty fight. manny should have put him away.. I think he coasted after that 9th round.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Robbed...
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

LOL. Manny loses.. awful judges.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

total bs
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

117-111?!!!

that is just awful.

what fight were they watching?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I had it 116 115 Horn.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I had it 116 115 Horn.

10-8 in the 9th?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I had it 116 115 Horn.

10-8 in the 9th?

I didn't score it 10 8 If I had it would have been a draw. i had it even going into the 12. I gave Horn the 12th thus the fight.

EDIT: Thug, you know I wouldn't make a good judge. Ask L_D.

I had 3&4 even.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

really makes you wonder...
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject:

117-111 GTFO

The compubox stats:
Manny outpunched Horn 32% vs 15%
How do you take another fighter's belts by landing only 15% of your punches?

They did the pacman dirty tonight. Arum just cashed him out and on to the next one.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
117-111 (bleep)

The compubox stats:

They did the pacman dirty tonight. Arum just cashed him out and on to the next one.

Its what's wrong with boxing. An up and coming fighter..especially fighting in his hometown will get a controversial decision... it happens frequently.. its terrible.. I love boxing.. and its a huge risk if you don't finish the fight.

I had manny winning the fight clearly.. Horn did what he had to to make it close.. super dirty and active.. but man... Manny got robbed again.. Even Tim and Teddy thought so.. LOL
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Ted wrote:
117-111 (bleep)

The compubox stats:

Its what's wrong with boxing. An up and coming fighter..especially fighting in his hometown will get a controversial decision... it happens frequently.. its terrible.. I love boxing.. and its a huge risk if you don't finish the fight.

I had manny winning the fight clearly.. Horn did what he had to to make it close.. super dirty and active.. but man... Manny got robbed again.. Even Tim and Teddy thought so.. LOL

I'm loving Stephen A's outrage right now, very entertaining lol

And Tim Bradley is giving Horn props and not trying to call out the judging because he knows it'll come back on him how he got the same bullsh decision during Pac-Bradley 1.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Ted wrote:
117-111 (bleep)

The compubox stats:

I'm loving Stephen A's outrage right now, very entertaining lol

And Tim Bradley is giving Horn props and not trying to call out the judging because he knows it'll come back on him how he got the same bullsh decision during Pac-Bradley 1.

LINK

You can't blame Bradley. He's still a active fighter. As such he doesn't want judges pissed at him.

Yeah, Pac vs Bradley was a joke.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 438 of 514
Jump to: