Official MMA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

man.. UFC needs more stars..

or.. they need their stars to actually fight in MMA.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

hyped for 213 this weekend! Yoel vs Whitaker!! I like them both but I hope Romero wins to see Bisping's excuse lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

UFC 214 is also another beast card. Lawler/Cerrone go tmoved from 213 to 214.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

For some reason, I thought JJ/Cormier was this weekend.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Freaking Nunes with the tap out before entering the octagon.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That was disappointing.

Whittaker/Yoel fight was good though
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That was disappointing.

Agreed. Whittaker is better than I thought. Would love to see him square up with Rockhold. Eff Bisping, man. Dude is a short term novelty as a champ.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That was disappointing.

Agreed. Whittaker is better than I thought. Would love to see him square up with Rockhold. Eff Bisping, man. Dude is a short term novelty as a champ.

After he pieced up Jacare, I had Whittacker winning. I knew Yoel was going to gas. Whittacker won despite getting hsi knee wrecked early in the first. He still was able to out move Yoel. His takedown defense was shockingly good. He's still only 26!

Sucks Moose is going to Bellator. I think he has the total skillset to reign at MW for a long time in the UFC.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

That was disappointing.

After he pieced up Jacare, I had Whittacker winning. I knew Yoel was going to gas. Whittacker won despite getting hsi knee wrecked early in the first. He still was able to out move Yoel. His takedown defense was shockingly good. He's still only 26!

Sucks Moose is going to Bellator. I think he has the total skillset to reign at MW for a long time in the UFC.

Agreed fellas!

Wanna see Whittaker take the title. Then Yoel vs Bisping in a money fight due to the bad blood.

Then Rockhold for Whittaker's first title defense. Would have liked to see Rockhold vs Moussasi too but

Then let Yoel get a shot at the title again
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Whittacker won despite getting hsi knee wrecked early in the first. He still was able to out move Yoel. His takedown defense was shockingly good. He's still only 26!

That's what got me. I thought for sure Romero would do something to even up the cardio and sap some of Whittaker's striking speed and effectiveness, ESPECIALLY after the knee injury. Dude is a warrior. Straight up. I thought Rob would have to sleep him. Never dreamed it would be a knock down drag out decision that would crown Whittaker as king. Good stuff.

Moose to Bellator is an mf'er for sure. Not sure what's there for him other than case loads of cheddar. Can't blame him. But for us, UFC loses a great one. And with all the fighters dropping out of fights, that certainly doesn't help.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Whittacker won despite getting hsi knee wrecked early in the first. He still was able to out move Yoel. His takedown defense was shockingly good. He's still only 26!

That's what got me. I thought for sure Romero would do something to even up the cardio and sap some of Whittaker's striking speed and effectiveness, ESPECIALLY after the knee injury. Dude is a warrior. Straight up. I thought Rob would have to sleep him. Never dreamed it would be a knock down drag out decision that would crown Whittaker as king. Good stuff.

Moose to Bellator is an mf'er for sure. Not sure what's there for him other than case loads of cheddar. Can't blame him. But for us, UFC loses a great one. And with all the fighters dropping out of fights, that certainly doesn't help.

Theref's also the Scott Coker connection. He's the one that got Moose into Strikeforce. A lot of the guys he breought up speak super highly of him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rockhold go back since he seems to be really salty towards the UFC lately.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Theref's also the Scott Coker connection. He's the one that got Moose into Strikeforce. A lot of the guys he breought up speak super highly of him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rockhold go back since he seems to be really salty towards the UFC lately.

That would be another nice get for them Bellator since they need to start moving beyond the Legends-face-each-other-10-years-too-late tour.

After that Reebok deal, the best they can hope for is to have the UFC absorb them. But it doesn't hurt their bid to close the gap with some of the stuff that's been plaguing the UFC's main cards the past year.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

214 coming up fellas!

I wanna see Jones vs DC, Woodley vs Maia, and T-City

I might buy this fight on ps4!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

nice to see Jones back. Hopefully he stays clean and focused. Would love to see him challenge some heavyweights
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow that was crazy. Jones bashed Cormier's head in. That was a brutal beat down. I thought that was bush league of Cormier not to join the ref for the decision. Jon looked surprised. That was terrible sportsmanship. Dana White looked pissed. Jon took the high road in the post fight interview. He has matured a lot. Rogin briefly interviewed Cormier. The was some sad stuff.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Wow that was crazy. Jones bashed Cormier's head in. That was a brutal beat down. I thought that was bush league of Cormier not to join the ref for the decision. Jon looked surprised. That was terrible sportsmanship. Dana White looked pissed. Jon took the high road in the post fight interview. He has matured a lot. Rogin briefly interviewed Cormier. The was some sad stuff.

He was likely concussed and didn't really understand what was going on. The ref allowed like 5 extra headshots when he was clearly knocked out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
32 wrote:

He was likely concussed and didn't really understand what was going on. The ref allowed like 5 extra headshots when he was clearly knocked out.

You are right. That's probably what was going on. It was very sad to see Cormier in that state.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Jon Jones is the baddest man pound for pound.
Calling out Brock is hilarious.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
32 wrote:

Big John allowed way too many headshots there. It was clear from replays that DC was out after the head kick.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

That was about the most heart wrenching (bleep) I've seen in the UFC. The viscous, viscous shots to the temple - then the crying after. Man. Just for that I want DC to go to heavyweight and get that belt.. sorry Cain. Sorry Stipe

Edit: damn just remembered that Ngannou is about to put his clamps on that division, imo.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

What a card!! I'm glad I paid for this fight it was well worth it! Some of my thoughts:

Renato went for that single leg takedown but his head was on the outside which left him vulnerable for T City to get that guillotine off. Just text book. We were just learning this is Krav on Thursday lol

The Russian light heavyweight packs some power!! I'd like to see him vs Gustafson for #1 contender.

Woodley was too smart and too atheletic for Maia. I know the crowd boos, but if you know fighting it was still entertaining because there's a chess match going on there. There's something to be said about a guy who beats the best striker and the best grappler in the division. Woodley is able to win in a multitude of ways. My fav fighter still. He deserves that money fight with GSP. I'd actually like to see Maia vs Wonderboy next in welterweight.

The Jones/DC rematch was as advertised and worth the price alone! DC was comfortable as opposed to the first match, and I wouldn't be surprised to see if he was winning up until Jones knocked him out. Agreed Big John let it go a little too long but hat was out of respect for DC who was taunting after Jones connected earlier.

Bad decision by Rogan/UFC (he admitted it too) to interview DC right after. Kinda like pouring salt in the wound. Classy post fight speech by Jones! He has a lot of respect for DC. And man Johnny Bones IS BACK!! The Lesnar call out/mic drop was epic as well haha
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Just want to drop by and say wouldn't a bigger fight be Cain vs Jones? Everyone knows Brock is not very skilled and crumbles and quits with every big shot that lands. Cain is Cormiers training partner and he can win the fight for his buddy. Cain has the skill and heart to beat Jones. I know he's injured but when he's healthy he's a real threat to Jones. Plus a bigger fight than Brock. Agree?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Just want to drop by and say wouldn't a bigger fight be Cain vs Jones? Everyone knows Brock is not very skilled and crumbles and quits with every big shot that lands. Cain is Cormiers training partner and he can win the fight for his buddy. Cain has the skill and heart to beat Jones. I know he's injured but when he's healthy he's a real threat to Jones. Plus a bigger fight than Brock. Agree?
it's the $$ that a Lesnar/Jones fight would bring.

WWE backing brock means a big payday for all
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:

I think there's a good chance Jones' next fight is at HW , Dana isn't a big fan of rematches - and didn't sound crazy enthused about JJ vs AG from the interview I saw before the fight(gotta hear what he said after)

Cain fighting Jones would be reminiscent of Team Alpha Male's whole squad fighting Cruz.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 409, 410, 411 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 410 of 499
Jump to: