Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
did anyone notice the defensive effort the last 2 minutes of regulation?

Clippers kept going for that Marshall/Brice pick and roll and getting Lonzo switched on Brice. Brice was really slowed down when they put Ingram on Marshall and had Ingram switch on Brice in the pick and roll.

Really excited for Ingram's defensive potential. If he gets strong enough he might be able to guard 1 through 5.

I'm hoping there will be a big improvement from the whole team on that end of the floor...tonight was a nice start
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.

Would have been happy just not panicking. Period.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.

Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.
what is so good about dlo his 40% fg or 35% 3 I don't see why people are so high on him. Obviously beats liked the deal as our win total is projected at 35 0r 36 now. Honestly I defended dlo for 2 years because I wanted him to be good but 40 35 with under 2 assists to turnover ration is not that great

You must not have seen his last month of the season. His game has continually improved, and to give up on a 21 yo after 2 years is nothing short of criminal. Our tanking was for what? To dump Mozgov's bad contract? They should have waited, and at worst they could stretch both contracts next year. Chances are at least one of Dlo, BI and Ball are busts, and we really have no idea who that will be yet!

Yes indeed. The last month would technically be April where his FG percentage was a whopping 36%, and his three point shooting was an incredible 28% and averaged almost 15 points per game.

You know what, I'm not being fair. Youre probably discussing his March when he averaged 18.6 points per game. It was a glorious example of efficiency and excellence with his 42.7% overall field goal percentage and eye popping 36.4% three point percentage.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:
Wish we packaged 2nd pick and Mozgov for Brook instead. Terrible terrible debut.

I was a huge dlo fan but there is a reason they moved him beyond just moz. We will never know.

Magic is the worst talent evaluator I have ever seen. Dlo should still be on the team. You dont give up young promising assets until you have to. They paniced over next years cap way too early, period.
what is so good about dlo his 40% fg or 35% 3 I don't see why people are so high on him. Obviously beats liked the deal as our win total is projected at 35 0r 36 now. Honestly I defended dlo for 2 years because I wanted him to be good but 40 35 with under 2 assists to turnover ration is not that great

You must not have seen his last month of the season. His game has continually improved, and to give up on a 21 yo after 2 years is nothing short of criminal. Our tanking was for what? To dump Mozgov's bad contract? They should have waited, and at worst they could stretch both contracts next year. Chances are at least one of Dlo, BI and Ball are busts, and we really have no idea who that will be yet!

Yes indeed. The last month would technically be April where his FG percentage was a whopping 36%, and his three point shooting was an incredible 28% and averaged almost 15 points per game.

You know what, I'm not being fair. Youre probably discussing his March when he averaged 18.6 points per game. It was a glorious example of efficiency and excellence with his 42.7% overall field goal percentage and eye popping 36.4% three point percentage.

You realize he was a 2nd year player creating his own offense right?
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Did Dozier play at all? I didn't see him out there.

A better question might be why did Wear, Blue, and my man from Texas get minutes.

I liked what i saw from Hart, Kuzma, and especially Bryant. good stuff.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to look up those stats
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Really? He was a second year player? You dont say. I suppose I shouldnt expect any improvement on his first year numbers at all. Yep, greatness is shown when the FG % went lower the second year.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Really? He was a second year player? You dont say. I suppose I shouldnt expect any improvement on his first year numbers at all. Yep, greatness is shown when the FG % went lower the second year.

A little lower but his overall efficiency went up because of a much higher volume of 3s and a much higher ft%. Of course you don't give a (bleep) about that do you? Carry on hating.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) you guys are STILL talking about D-Lo

Jesus...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

A little lower but his overall efficiency went up because of a much higher volume of 3s and a much higher ft%. Of course you don't give a (bleep) about that do you? Carry on hating.

Yes, because its so much better to gripe about someone not being here any longer who was such a magnificient presence. It is far better to go on hating against those who are here, e.g. the FO, isnt it? Makes perfect sense to me!

Last edited by DrDent on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:

Jesus...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Yes, because its so much better to gripe about someone not being here any longer who was such a magnificient presence. It is far better to go on hating against those who are here, e.g. the FO, isnt it? Makes perfect sense to me!

If you don't want to participate then don't. And thank you for dodging my question. I have my answer.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:

Jesus...

Sorry, couldnt help myself
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

If you don't want to participate then don't. And thank you for dodging my question. I have my answer.

Ok, fine, go continue crying about your future hall of famer being traded
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with his talent...

Magic was a terrible coasch too. And MJ has proven that great basketball talent doesnt translate to good front office skills either!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Ok, fine, go continue crying about your future hall of famer being traded

I'm actually quite over it. Just getting sick of him getting (bleep) from people like you. Its the same reason I'd defend Lebron from the ridiculous criticism he gets on LG.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

You also realize the lakers were in tank mode, playing 1st year player BI all the time, bencing Nick Young, and playing guys like David Nwaba and Zubac. Not exactly much help out there.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

I'm actually quite over it. Just getting sick of him getting (bleep) from people like you. Its the same reason I'd defend Lebron from the ridiculous criticism he gets on LG.

Slow down...you dont know me at all. Also, there are many of us who are "sick of" people consistently bringing up dlo as someone who should have stayed when that is done and gone and at the very least statistically you could say "yea, ok, he wasnt all that and a bag of chips".

And I happen to like Lebron's game and think he gets too much uneccessary criticism.

So see...I'm not "people like you". But believe what you like.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Magic was a terrible coasch too. And MJ has proven that great basketball talent doesnt translate to good front office skills either!

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

You also realize the lakers were in tank mode, playing 1st year player BI all the time, bencing Nick Young, and playing guys like David Nwaba and Zubac. Not exactly much help out there.

And this explains his not very exciting shooting percentages?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

I already explained this to you but you conveniently ignored it. Funny how that works right? This is why I label you and others like you.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

I already explained this to you but you conveniently ignored it. Funny how that works right? This is why I label you and others like you.

Huh? I was responding to another poster who raised a completely different position. Ok, thank you for showing me what I'm dealing with.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
vicman wrote:
foreveralakerfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Yong wrote:

Huh? I was responding to another poster who raised a completely different position. Ok, thank you for showing me what I'm dealing with.

You're responding in a public thread criticizing DLO's shooting percentages which I addressed earlier in direct response to you and you ignored it. But yes thank you for letting me know what you have to "deal with".
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

You're responding in a public thread criticizing DLO's shooting percentages which I addressed earlier in direct response to you and you ignored it. But yes thank you for letting me know what you have to "deal with".

I'll put aside for the moment your insistence that I must take your position into consideration when responding to another poster. Let's just forget shooting percentages and instead you want focus on PER [I assume thats what you meant by "efficiency"] as the reason dlo should be fawned over? Ok, so it increased, as did his number of starts. So?
samwowmar5
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject:

We need to relaaaax. Look at BI's awesome progression. Lonzo will settle down and start draining 3's and keep making those lobs to Ingram. Would love to see Lonzo and Hoosier Mamba more on the floor tomorrow.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I'll put aside for the moment your insistence that I must take your position into consideration when responding to another poster. Let's just forget shooting percentages and instead you want focus on PER [I assume thats what you meant by "efficiency"] as the reason dlo should be fawned over? Ok, so it increased, as did his number of starts. So?

(bleep) IT. I give up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 80 of 81
Jump to: