YouTube Slow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: YouTube Slow

So over the past couple of days any YouTube video cannot play smoothly over 480p. Right clicking the video shows my connection speed hovers around 3000 Kbps. This is with using chrome and on my iPhone 7 using the YT app I can't get HD quality either. My TWC connection is 300/20. I can game online with no problems and running speed tests everything looks fine. I thought maybe it was a browser issue with Chrome so I tried MS edge and the speed is much higher going past 60000 Kbps but even that is low for me. I usually can watch 4K YT videos on chrome with no problem. Is TWC throttling YT? But why would edge give me a much better connection speed? Thoughts?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I've experienced this same thing and also have TWC... It definitely isn't an internet speed issue for me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I've experienced this same thing and also have TWC... It definitely isn't an internet speed issue for me.

Yeah so odd, just been the past couple of days. Other streaming, serious online gaming is working as normal. Is YT just being janky?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Jhin0821 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yeah so odd, just been the past couple of days. Other streaming, serious online gaming is working as normal. Is YT just being janky?

Have you noticed that YouTube skips around too, especially when you pause/unpause it? It's only been these past few days for me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jhin0821 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Have you noticed that YouTube skips around too, especially when you pause/unpause it? It's only been these past few days for me.

Yeah definitely, but mostly the connection speed is abysmal. 2000/3000 Kbps wtf
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

same! what is 2017
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

#firstworldproblems

#googlefiberwhen?

My spectrum internet was cutting out intermittently I'd say every 3-4 hours for the last month. It was driving me crazy. Seems to have stopped since last week.

Seriously, California needs to let google fiber in so we can have more options for internet.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
#firstworldproblems

#googlefiberwhen?

My spectrum internet was cutting out intermittently I'd say every 3-4 hours for the last month. It was driving me crazy. Seems to have stopped since last week.

Seriously, California needs to let google fiber in so we can have more options for internet.

I have that same problem with TWC Spectrum.. It's just ridiculous how bad TWC is.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

I'm on TWC and it's been great. Are you fellas using the stock modem/router combo they provide? If so, definitely look into buying your own separate modem and router. I've not had a single issue in several years since going that route.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'm on TWC and it's been great. Are you fellas using the stock modem/router combo they provide? If so, definitely look into buying your own separate modem and router. I've not had a single issue in several years since going that route.

No, I have my separate modem and router for several years. As I mentioned in the op it's just YouTube being slow. I can play high end online games without a hitch on PC or console.
Jhin0821
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I've gone several years as well with no problems just for a few days now YT is slow when using thru. I get significantly better connection speed when using MS Edge.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
its not really the modem router. unless you're going thru wifi and the signal has to travel thru too many walls.

i'm wired with TWC now Spectrum and i've had shaky net from time to time and i pay for the max. I'm supposed to be at 300mbps.

The issue for some of us has more to do with where we live. if you live in highly populated areas. it has a bigger chance of being slower more often than if you live in a less populated area.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: