OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ingle wrote:
Absolutely the right thing to do, especially knowing hes carrying that sprained ankle too. Theres nothing else to gain from BI playing another minute in summer league. No doubt hes personally disappointed since hes a baller but just get back to work and be prepared for preseason.

Fans will be disappointed but thats our fault for putting too much stock into these summer league games. Theyre glorified pickup games that Laker fans have overemphasized in recent years since 1. We suck and the newest draft toy is the highlight of the season 2. Hungry for more basketball

Why let him practice if he can't play in games? That makes no sense.

Because practice is more of a controlled environment where he can build chemistry with his new teammates. Sure, injuries can happen in practice, too, but they're a lot less likely than in actual games where random dudes are going all out in a chaotic setting to make an NBA roster.

Really well if Ingram is too big a risk how about they sit Lonzo for the rest of Summer League too...

You knowm.the guy that was reported is so banged up they don't even scrimmage with him in practice... but he's fine for Summer League apparently. But get a cramp from dehydration? TOO BIG A RISK!!!

lol....which you would clearly love to see happen, just so you could criticize Magic for that too.

That doesn't answer the question.

This is all beneath you MJST. Your insights are being wasted in these kind of exchanges.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject:

BI woulda tore Tatum a new butthole had he played tonight. Damn shame, but hey, Fultz injuring his ankle is a prime example of why we sat him...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darius Soriano‏ @forumbluegold 4h4 hours ago
More
Ingram said he tweaked his mechanics on his jumper, noting he was shooting the ball from above his head + wants his elbow in more.

KIROE, did you cry tears of joy when you read this?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Quote:
More
Ingram said he tweaked his mechanics on his jumper, noting he was shooting the ball from above his head + wants his elbow in more.

He means the opposite. Used to put ball above his head around his hair etc.
Still is using headspace now on jumpers, not on FTs ---- just no longer overtly having a high form like he did last year, becuase it still manifested an outward and not high release

Bleh
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Quote:
More

Only when Ingram gets a haircut. Only then will KIROE reach his true form.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

And he also said his form wasn't consistent last year, which it wasn't. Sometimes he'd do the overtly high form, sometimes normal.. Either way, it led to an outward release, and that is the important factor - didn't finish high
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

I really hate the homeless hair look these guys are wearing. I would never wanna be seen on national tv with my hair looking like that.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
And he also said his form wasn't consistent last year, which it wasn't. Sometimes he'd do the overtly high form, sometimes normal.. Either way, it led to an outward release, and that is the important factor - didn't finish high

But what about his new hair KIROE? New form & new hair? Can his shooting be attributed to a bit of both?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Quote:
More

Only when Ingram gets a haircut. Only then will KIROE reach his true form.

LOL yea
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I really hate the homeless hair look these guys are wearing. I would never wanna be seen on national tv with my hair looking like that.

I really don't care if he was playing in a homeless potato sack. If he keeps playing like that then we are good.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I wish Magic would go all George Steinbrenner on these guys and just make everyone on the team shave their heads.

Those hairstyles by DLO and now Ingram is god awful.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I really don't care if he was playing in a homeless potato sack. If he keeps playing like that then we are good.

I mean at the end of the day that's all we care about, on court production. His hair looks terrible though.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I wish Magic would go all George Steinbrenner on these guys and just make everyone on the team shave their heads.

I think the Houston players did something similar when Dwight was there. Quite a few of the players had mohawks.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

But what about his new hair KIROE? New form & new hair? Can his shooting be attributed to a bit of both?

Yea. I'm not completely sure he needs head-space from what I've seen.
He doesn't use it on his new FT form, but he also doesn't finish his stroke high there, so that's good/bad - but suffices from the FT line , pretty much a one motion stroke there.
And he used head-space on his jumper yesterday, and finished high most times - those shots looked sound despite them missing.
Sooooo Idk

At :15 seconds in this vid https://twitter.com/draftexpress/status/883749975066279936 of a close-up angle of his turnaround J yesterday, he uses head-space.... (I slow mo'd it)

60/40 players who need it, to those who don't. Who knows
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

lol... if any of you guys were watching in the early 2000s, you'll remember how controversial Allen Iverson's cornrows were.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don't know what the difference is in risking injury in the summer league, preseason and regular season. Logically, mathematically, it doesn't make sense to me. What are you keeping him away from? Like, do you really feel better if got he injured in Preseason rather than Summer league? Regular season rather than preseason?

If Adam Silver says the Lakers get a bye, and are in the playoffs no matter what their record is, then I would understand shutting him down. Heck, shut him down for all 82 games. But at what point are you defeating the purpose of growing, improving and developing?

You wanna shut him down now to get him ready for pre-season. Then you wanna shut him down in pre-season to get ready for the regular season LOL! All that doesn't prevent him from spraining his ankles in game one of the regular season, or tripping down the stairs in his home.

If the kid can play, he needs to be out there improving his game. For all we know, he may have played like crap in his second game. He hasn't "arrived" yet as a super star, let him play... if he can.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I honestly don't know what the difference is in risking injury in the summer league, preseason and regular season. Logically, mathematically, it doesn't make sense to me. What are you keeping him away from? Like, do you really feel better if got he injured in Preseason rather than Summer league? Regular season rather than preseason?

If Adam Silver says the Lakers get a bye, and are in the playoffs no matter what their record is, then I would understand shutting him down. Heck, shut him down for all 82 games. But at what point are you defeating the purpose of growing, improving and developing?

You wanna shut him down now to get him ready for pre-season. Then you wanna shut him down in pre-season to get ready for the regular season LOL! All that doesn't prevent him from spraining his ankles in game one of the regular season, or tripping down the stairs in his home.

If the kid can play, he needs to be out there improving his game. For all we know, he may have played like crap in his second game. He hasn't "arrived" yet as a super star, let him play... if he can.

Let's start with what the objectives are in summer league. Given the objectives, ask yourself if having Ingram (who is already nursing an injury) out on the floor meets any objective.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

He's arrived, as far as summer league is concerned.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Let's start with what the objectives are in summer league. Given the objectives, ask yourself if having Ingram (who is already nursing an injury) out on the floor meets any objective.

I'm saying if he's healthy. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. If he's nursing an injury. Sit out.

But if he's sitting out and healthy, that's something else. And isn't one of the objectives is to get better as a player? Sitting out when healthy to prevent injury makes no sense to me. The rationale is illogical to me. This is a bit of a tangent, but the idea of illogical rationale reminds me of Phil's greatest BS, the idea of not calling timeouts to let them learn and play through it. Bull crap. If you can really learn to play through runs, then eventually you would graduate this course, and be a group of guys who will always come back from behind. But that's not the case. The NBA is a game of runs. There is no such thing as mastering "playing through" it.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

There's a huge difference. Just look at the level of play in summer league compared to an actual game. 60% of it is guys being scrappy, flying around the court, undercutting guys in the air. If you're much better than the rest of the guys out there and high usage, you're really putting your health on the line in that type of competition.

Brandon's still got a lot to work on this summer. So there's no point in risking him get injured and be out a month or two. He's already proven he's head and shoulders above the competition there so he's not gonna improve playing those guys. Better be in the weight room and shooting jumpers to get his mechanics right.

Plus he's got a bum ankle that prevented him from practicing with the squad, so actually that should be enough of a reason already!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, guys are fighting for jobs in Summer league. Can get physical out there. Regular season NBA you sneeze in a guy and it's a foul.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

I'm saying if he's healthy. Sorry if I didn't clarify that. If he's nursing an injury. Sit out.

But if he's sitting out and healthy, that's something else. And isn't one of the objectives is to get better as a player? Sitting out when healthy to prevent injury makes no sense to me. The rationale is illogical to me. This is a bit of a tangent, but the idea of illogical rationale reminds me of Phil's greatest BS, the idea of not calling timeouts to let them learn and play through it. Bull crap. If you can really learn to play through runs, then eventually you would graduate this course, and be a group of guys who will always come back from behind. But that's not the case. The NBA is a game of runs. There is no such thing as mastering "playing through" it.

lol....Phil's philosophy when it came to playing through mistakes was a means to empowering them as a group, as well as causing them to bond.

Although it's somewhat unlikely that Phil would've held his timeouts as close to the vest had he been a product of this era in the NBA. You see coaches call extremely quick timeouts now (which admittedly gets irritating at times) because the tide turns so much faster in a modern game due to the pace. A 15 point lead was a lot more comfortable 10 years ago when the game was played a lot slower. Now it's like having a 5 point lead almost. With the speed of the modern game and the high volume of three point shots, big leads evaporate right before your eyes in a quick way that they didn't over 10 years ago. So just like all great coaches and players, Phil was a product of his time.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject:

Really looking forward to how his shot ends up this season. From that 3 he made clearly saw a higher release point and quicker shot motion than last year. The free throw were money too. Looked automatic

Bring on the preseason
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I know you guys will probably hate me for this but does it seem like Brandon likes isoing a bit too much? Even last season I thought to myself on more than a few occasions, "make the simple play".

He's nothing but coachable so I assume this is partially by design. Any NBA offense is going to need someone that can score in isolation. With DLo and Lou gone, that burden falls largely on Ingram. No better way than to develop those skills/mentality than trying it out during a game.

I do think he pounds the dribble a bit, but I think that's a function of his body, not mentality. Ingram strikes me as a quick worker - he likes to get them ball and go - so any pounding I think comes from an inability to shoulder past his man, not a flawed thought process or poor reading of the defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 546, 547, 548 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 547 of 1885
Jump to: