JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject:

KOBE2007MVP wrote:
What game are you all watching? He can't shoot!
Looks like a bust to me.

Could someone explain how this is negativity? He's merely stating a fact that Josh did not shoot well going 1-for-7 on jump shots which doesn't seem promising for someone who many have already anointed as the starting SG. Some even believe he's Byron Scott 2.0.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:
Really like Hart's floaters. With Lopez as a stretch 5 there will be plenty of room in the lane for that shot.

He also attacks the rim with purpose - which to me totally dismantles all the Fisher comps. Hart can actually make a layup.

He's got good form on his jumpshot. After 2 SPL games they have yet to fall - but I'm hopeful they will.

he's got Derek Fisher's tenacious attitude but is better polished offensively and more athletic from what I have seen.

Fish's Jumper >>>>>>>> osh's umper.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

2 games in and we're already doing the "Osh because he has no J" thing? Cmon
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

He hit a 3, I think his jumper will be fine.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:
Really like Hart's floaters. With Lopez as a stretch 5 there will be plenty of room in the lane for that shot.

He also attacks the rim with purpose - which to me totally dismantles all the Fisher comps. Hart can actually make a layup.

He's got good form on his jumpshot. After 2 SPL games they have yet to fall - but I'm hopeful they will.

he's got Derek Fisher's tenacious attitude but is better polished offensively and more athletic from what I have seen.

If you don't understand how that other post doesn't violate the rules we've put forth, and how "osh" is a not so subtle jab at a Laker's player, then I don't know what to tell you. It's josh, not "osh"... and watch yourself.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

he is not playing tomorrow...more PJ Dozier?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
pio2u wrote:
RELENTLESS EFFORT ON BOTH ENDS OF THE FLOOR.

I liked it when he battled Jaylen Brown even though brown is the bigger player.

Yep. GT posted this on his video review and in college Hart would often switch to a bigger guy (due to Villanova's defensive scheme). Had mixed results in it, but its not like he has no experience or ability to do it. On one play he switched to a much taller player (cant recall who) and the guy just shot over him...but Hart made it clear his guy wasnt driving past him.

I dont know if we get to see him again in SL, and I know its early, but I am a bit excited about what he and Ball potentially can do on the court together offensively. The first 6 minutes of the game watching him and Kuz go at Boston on the defensive end was just pure fun to watch.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

I think this will be your one warning before the trash bin my friend. Body of work...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

This is yet another example of the types of posts that will no longer be tolerated. See the warning at the top of the lounge. Provide analysis, leave the venting and hot takes for your living room please.

What would constitute sufficient analysis? If the poster included that Hart went 1-7 from deep and looks like he's pushing his shots with a slow release, is that ok? Does s/he have to qualify that Hart "could be" a bust "if his jumper doesn't improve?"
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

This is yet another example of the types of posts that will no longer be tolerated. See the warning at the top of the lounge. Provide analysis, leave the venting and hot takes for your living room please.

What would constitute sufficient analysis? If the poster included that Hart went 1-7 from deep and looks like he's pushing his shots with a slow release, is that ok? Does s/he have to qualify that Hart "could be" a bust "if his jumper doesn't improve?"

Yea, that's fine. I mean, the post I just cited provided absolutely no analysis. It's also how it's articulated. Using phrases like "bust" almost always provoke a poor reaction. Here's an example of how'd I write something like that...

"Given Hart's struggles shooting from the 3pt stripe against summer league talent, I'm concerned about whether he will be able to provide the shooting we need. I'm not confident he will because of his slow release combined with an ability to create separation for himself one on one. If he isn't able to demonstrate a reliable 3pt shot, he's not going to get playing time and I'm not sure he'll be able to survive in the NBA."

Everyone has their own writing style, but the point is to do more than just throw out some general negative comment without any real explanation that has a strong chance of doing nothing more than either (a) discourage posters from wanting to come in a thread (just to avoid the negativity) or (b) piss them off and invoke a negative reaction.

And thanks for asking by the way. Communication is good, even if not everyone always agrees with me or the other mods.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

Yea, that's fine. I mean, the post I just cited provided absolutely no analysis. It's also how it's articulated. Using phrases like "bust" almost always provoke a poor reaction. Here's an example of how'd I write something like that...

"Given Hart's struggles shooting from the 3pt stripe against summer league talent, I'm concerned about whether he will be able to provide the shooting we need. I'm not confident he will because of his slow release combined with an ability to create separation for himself one on one. If he isn't able to demonstrate a reliable 3pt shot, he's not going to get playing time and I'm not sure he'll be able to survive in the NBA."

Everyone has their own writing style, but the point is to do more than just throw out some general negative comment without any real explanation that has a strong chance of doing nothing more than either (a) discourage posters from wanting to come in a thread (just to avoid the negativity) or (b) piss them off and invoke a negative reaction.

Thank you for your thorough response, it's much appreciated.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

Apparently we're not allowed to say anything bad about anyone. Even if they were to shoot 0-20 fg with 10 turnovers, we must praise them for their effort, hustle and exemplary character. It's all about positivity now.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

Apparently we're not allowed to say anything bad about anyone. Even if they were to shoot 0-20 fg with 10 turnovers, we must praise them for their effort, hustle and exemplary character. It's all about positivity now.

I'd suggest reading the thread where I posted the warning re: negativity. It's clear you don't get it. And, certainly, if you don't get it and don't heed the warning, you won't be around here much longer. Always funny how the posters who are the biggest problems are the same one's who have trouble understanding these concepts.

DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

Fisher was never a great shooter - He did improve his shot over his career and became money in the playoffs and in the clutch, which is why he's regarded well, but he is barely under 40% FG% for his career. Josh will be fine IMO.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

DanielKetch wrote:
acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

Fisher was never a great shooter - He did improve his shot over his career and became money in the playoffs and in the clutch, which is why he's regarded well, but he is barely under 40% FG% for his career. Josh will be fine IMO.

Seriously? He shot 37% from 3 on his career. Who cares what his overall FG% was in the context of his jump shooting specifically.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
KOBE2007MVP wrote:
Looks like a bust to me.

Yea, that's fine. I mean, the post I just cited provided absolutely no analysis. It's also how it's articulated. Using phrases like "bust" almost always provoke a poor reaction.

Not to mention the word "bust" is kind of silly when it comes to the 30th overall pick.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

Seriously? He shot 37% from 3 on his career. Who cares what his overall FG% was in the context of his jump shooting specifically.

Fish's percentage on 3 pt attempts jumped significantly when he stepped on the line to make it a 2.

Hart has got to be the penciled in starter until we can bring another guard in. That's why we should probably bring another guard in.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

Seriously? He shot 37% from 3 on his career. Who cares what his over
all FG% was in the context of his jump shooting specifically.

No doubt he became effective in his role... I was alluding to the fact that he was not regarded as a shooter when he first came into the league and had to work on it. I remember well that posters would call him "Brick Fisher"

Anyway the point is I don't think Josh Hart has a long way to go to become an effective NBA shooter, he just needs to keep working at it.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ✔ @Lakers
Josh Hart (sprained right ankle) will not play in tomorrow night's game against Sacramento.
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Josh Hart (sprained right ankle) will not play in tomorrow night's game against Sacramento.

man i would lose my mind if i watch Vander Blue get 25 or so minutes. Vander plays like Jabari Brown few years ago but with worse shoot.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we'll see some more of Dozier. Hopefully, he shows something.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
acer77 wrote:
DanielKetch wrote:
Kava wrote:

Fisher started his career without a jumper. It was only 4 yrs in and during his rehab for his broken ankle that he added the 3 ball to his game. Hart has time to improve his jumper as long as he does everything well such as finishing in the lane and playing hardnose defense.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Hart found some of his rhythm against Boston before going down with the ankle injury. That being said, I thought he somewhat overdribbled at times and would like to see him give up the ball if he's not creating with his dribble.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

That's his reply after the Flowers For Algernon surgery. Until then, all of that text will be implied via greater than symbols.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject:

Mirjalovic wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

man i would lose my mind if i watch Vander Blue get 25 or so minutes. Vander plays like Jabari Brown few years ago but with worse shoot.

Not sure if you GSW the other night or not, but Ja Ari was actually looking like he had actually gained a little bit of burst athletically. Still doesn't pass for anything and has horrible shot selection, but I did find that gain in burst was helping him on the break and getting into the lane easier.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 20 of 163
Jump to: