PJ Dozier thread - (signed with mavs, p9. the player, not the thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If I am Dozier, I am pissed at my agent.....to be the #1 undrafted FA signed, then to only get 3 minutes of play in the first two games.....no way he signed with Lakers if he thought this was the result.

Not if he makes the final squad. I doubt the lakers went out and grabbed him like that if they didn't plan on at least taking him to training camp. My guess is a two way contract guarantee actually.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
If I am Dozier, I am pissed at my agent.....to be the #1 undrafted FA signed, then to only get 3 minutes of play in the first two games.....no way he signed with Lakers if he thought this was the result.

"What do you mean I'll be playing behind Travis Wear!? Who the hell is Travis Wear?"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Not if he makes the final squad. I doubt the lakers went out and grabbed him like that if they didn't plan on at least taking him to training camp. My guess is a two way contract guarantee actually.

I am a big supporter of his, so I have been watching closely....honestly, he seems like he may be pouting, which I am sure is just hurting his stock more.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

lol he got what he got. there is a reason why he went undrafted

why do you always comment on items you do not have a clue about?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

let me guess, you watched tons of tape so u are privileged to speak on it?

well the 30 gm's don't agree with ur scouting powers and there is a reason he went undrafted.

ever saw a underrated player complain about playing time? lol
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

well the 30 gm's don't agree with ur scouting powers and there is a reason he went undrafted.

so why did his draft stock fall? I know....do you?
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

wow u know why his stock fell, awesome. you have answer to a million dollar question
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I am a big supporter of his, so I have been watching closely....honestly, he seems like he may be pouting, which I am sure is just hurting his stock more.

I haven't seen him play very much but that statement strikes me as true. In his brief stint I was looking for some fire and aggression. Didn't see it.

I watched him a bit on the bench in the first game. I could be wrong but I think there's a bit of a panic look. I think he might be afraid he won't get a fair shot at making the team.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I haven't seen him play very much but that statement strikes me as true. In his brief stint I was looking for some fire and aggression. Didn't see it.

I watched him a bit on the bench in the first game. I could be wrong but I think there's a bit of a panic look. I think he might be afraid he won't get a fair shot at making the team.

yeah i didnt see it neither.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

wow u know why his stock fell, awesome. you have answer to a million dollar question

next time just go with no....but since you do not know, why throw out "there is a reason he was undrafted"?

It had little to nothing to do with his talent. The guy has a screwed up knee....played on a torn ACL for years because surgery would have stunted growth....and now he does not even have a fully intact ACL. None of that is why he is not playing.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

next time just go with no....but since you do not know, why throw out "there is a reason he was undrafted"?

It had little to nothing to do with his talent. The guy has a screwed up knee....played on a torn ACL for years because surgery would have stunted growth....and now he does not even have a fully intact ACL. None of that is why he is not playing.

i knew why his stock fell. this is not a competition where i need to give you an answer.

so on an internet forum, don't assume things.

on not playing part: he will get his chance. some get sooner some get later. wear/blue are getting chances early cause they played before with the defenders. they are used to the system they are running

these guy need practices to get use to the plays they are running. they practiced what like 3 days?

so if i am undrafted player, i put in the work, keep working on my craft instead of getting pissed. show maturity
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'd be pouting too sitting on the bench watching Wear/Caruso/Blue all getting mins
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'd be pouting too sitting on the bench watching Wear/Caruso/Blue all getting mins

I may feel like it, but it would be best to at least fake a positive attitude....I noticed on several big plays, guys on the bench jump up and are standing, and he remains seated simply clapping like he is at an elementary school talent show. He is easy to spot with those bright yellow shoes.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

He better get some run in game 3. None of these games matter as every team gets into the tournament. I mean, I get that some of these guys need to fill out the South Bay Lakers roster, i.e. the scrubs getting playing time the first 2 games, but they have ZERO chance or upside of making the big club. Playing Dozier so little is ridiculous.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

No news yet if Hart is going to play in game 3 if he doesn't that will open up more playing time for Dozier.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

looking at Sportrac, the contract he signed included a camp invite

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fracture wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I may feel like it, but it would be best to at least fake a positive attitude....I noticed on several big plays, guys on the bench jump up and are standing, and he remains seated simply clapping like he is at an elementary school talent show. He is easy to spot with those bright yellow shoes.

He needs to get a pair of autographed Big Baller Brand sneakers while the going is good.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Hart is out for game 3. Time to shine son
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:

I suspect that we will see more playing time and a much better effort from PJ tonight. He has the talent to be a part of this team if given the right opportunity.

Here's a write upon his debut:

Quote:
Saturday night Dozier and the Lakers played the Celtics out in Las Vegas and Dozier did make his debut. He made the most of his perplexing limited minutes.

http://www.wltx.com/sports/ncaa/usc-gamecocks/dozier-debuts-for-lakers/455278512
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject:

This kid is most athletic kid on the squad. Has a lot of work to do but if someone can mold him, he could be a serviceable player
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
This kid is most athletic kid on the squad. Has a lot of work to do but if someone can mold him, he could be a serviceable player

If he makes it into training camp I think that he will prove to be an asset.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

I suspect that we will see more playing time and a much better effort from PJ tonight. He has the talent to be a part of this team if given the right opportunity.

Here's a write upon his debut:

Quote:
Saturday night Dozier and the Lakers played the Celtics out in Las Vegas and Dozier did make his debut. He made the most of his perplexing limited minutes.

http://www.wltx.com/sports/ncaa/usc-gamecocks/dozier-debuts-for-lakers/455278512

article said it best..."perplexing limited minutes"
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject:

With Hart and Ingram out, there's no excuse for Jud to not give him decent minutes. We still don't know what he's capable of.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If I am Dozier, I am pissed off at my agent for not getting drafted at all..
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject:

why is dozier not playing? he has a chance to get backup pg minutes.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: