THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

He's coming for all of them. It's pretty much the entire executive branch, the AG, majority leaders of the house and Senate and a whole slew of toadies. It's going to take a while because if it all sticks it's going to wipe out a big chunk of the government. It's not just making the cases airtight it's figuring out what happens next. There is no playbook for this.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
He's coming for all of them. It's pretty much the entire executive branch, the AG, majority leaders of the house and Senate and a whole slew of toadies. It's going to take a while because if it all sticks it's going to wipe out a big chunk of the government. It's not just making the cases airtight it's figuring out what happens next. There is no playbook for this.
i just want rights to the movie wants the real thing is all over. or the TV series...or both.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
i just want rights to the movie wants the real thing is all over. or the TV series...or both.

I want to own the prison they will all go to
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I want to own the prison they will all go to

>any of these people actually seeing prison time
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Everyone knows Trump & co. are corrupt and most like colluded with the Russians/foreign agents to undermine the election.

Why do I feel like nothing will happen though? Teflon Don will survive to live another day. Not getting my hopes up. The GOP will win the midterms and DT will win re-election in 2020. Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Bush got elected twice and he's Einstein compared to this clown.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Everyone knows Trump & co. are corrupt and most like colluded with the Russians/foreign agents to undermine the election.

Why do I feel like nothing will happen though? Teflon Don will survive to live another day. Not getting my hopes up. The GOP will win the midterms and DT will win re-election in 2020. Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Bush got elected twice and he's Einstein compared to this clown.

There is something about this though that I think will bring out the Patriotism in Americans...

I agree with Hector..this is huge

IMO our Federal Law Enforcement Officials may take this more than personal.. I feel some similarities to Pearl Harbor..

Surprise attack that is now a Russian Virus running wild in all reaches of our Govt?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

On the damaging clinton info meeting

Does it relate to Donald calling out for the emails to be hacked?
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

This is like Boss Tweed getting elected as president.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject:

I'm sure you've all see by now that Trump let Ivanka sit in for him at one of the G-20 meetings, which he got skewered for on Twitter and in the press. So of course he took to twitter this morning and he got a very special response to his Freudian slip:

Quote:
Chelsea Clinton‏Verified account @ChelseaClinton

Good morning Mr. President. It would never have occurred to my mother or my father to ask me. Were you giving our country away? Hoping not.

Quote:
Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

If Chelsea Clinton were asked to hold the seat for her mother,as her mother gave our country away, the Fake News would say CHELSEA FOR PRES!

Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: The State of Hate In America

Quote:
Hate symbols are showing up around the country: nooses in the nation's capital, racist graffiti on the front gate of LeBron James' Los Angeles home, a banner with an anti-Semitic slur over a Holocaust memorial in Lakewood, N.J. On Saturday, the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan rallied in Charlottesville, Va., less than two months after white supremacist Richard Spencer — who coined the term "alt-right" — led a similar protest in the city against the removal of a Confederate monument. Several white nationalist groups are planning another rally for Aug. 12.

Quote:
By 2055, the U.S. will not have a single racial or ethnic majority, a change driven by immigration, according to the Pew Research Center. An analysis conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute and The Atlantic — based on surveys taken before and after the election — reveals that members of the white working class concerned about immigration were more than 3.5 times more likely to vote for President Trump. Nearly half of white working-class Americans said, “things have changed so much that I often feel like a stranger in my own country.”

Quote:
When the approximately 50 KKK members converged on Charlottesville this weekend to protest what Klan member James Moore called “the ongoing cultural genocide ... of white Americans," more than a thousand counterprotesters showed up to decry hate in their city. The Klan members were heavily outnumbered, chants of "white power" drowned out by "racists go home."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-state-of-hate-in-america/ar-BBE4pA5?li=BBnb7Kz
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm sure you've all see by now that Trump let Ivanka sit in for him at one of the G-20 meetings, which he got skewered for on Twitter and in the press. So of course he took to twitter this morning and he got a very special response to his Freudian slip:

Quote:

Good morning Mr. President. It would never have occurred to my mother or my father to ask me. Were you giving our country away? Hoping not.

Quote:

If Chelsea Clinton were asked to hold the seat for her mother,as her mother gave our country away, the Fake News would say CHELSEA FOR PRES!

Brains..brains.. nice Twitter hit.. hope this gets meme'd

Fwiw, I don't know if Chelsea is married but I find it odd that Ivanka is still called Trump.. weird family.. just for clout she dumps the name Ivanka Kushner?

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+is+ivanka+Kushner
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

Life is so weird. I just found out that Paula Abdul follows me on Twitter. I just went and followed her back.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Life is so weird. I just found out that Paula Abdul follows me on Twitter. I just went and followed her back.

Props on the Paula follow
She seems like a cool chick.
Opposites Attract?

I was 19 living in the cheap neighborhood 1989 btw and bumping my whole apartment complex to Paula Abdul on my crazy stereo
My heroin and freebasing neighbors loved it lol
They got
Too Short
Eazy-E
NWA
Janet
Michael
Rush
Queen
Neneh Cherry
Tears for Fears
Depeche More
Duran Duran
Zep
Jimi
Slayer
Metallica

Those were the days..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: The State of Hate In America

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
Hate symbols are showing up around the country: nooses in the nation's capital, racist graffiti on the front gate of LeBron James' Los Angeles home, a banner with an anti-Semitic slur over a Holocaust memorial in Lakewood, N.J. On Saturday, the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan rallied in Charlottesville, Va., less than two months after white supremacist Richard Spencer — who coined the term "alt-right" — led a similar protest in the city against the removal of a Confederate monument. Several white nationalist groups are planning another rally for Aug. 12.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-state-of-hate-in-america/ar-BBE4pA5?li=BBnb7Kz

I just spied this article the other day
The Ku Klux Klan was dead. The first Hollywood blockbuster revived it
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

Wouldn't bush be a bad example to use if he's a lot brighter?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

This administration has caused me to not watch as much the news channels. It's so depressing watching this administration dismantle Democracy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Newest drip drip drip story: NYT: Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin During Campaign

Quote:
Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trump’s inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.

Jr. now says it was an innocent meeting to discuss the issue of Russian adoption. All involved had previously denied meeting with any Russians at Trump Tower.

Quote:
Bradd Jaffy‏Verified account @BraddJaffy

Don Trump Jr:
—March: Never met w/Russians on campaign issues
—Yday: It was about adoption
—Today: She said she had damaging info on Clinton

Given he lies like his father, the truth is actually something even worse than admitting he was meeting Russian to obtain info to damage Clinton. That's half-way to almost admitting collusion and yet it's an obvious lie. What is he really hiding? Mueller's coming for you too, Jr.

Supposedly a Russian woman was introduced to Trump, Jr., and that woman had absolutely nothing of value in terms of Hillary or the DNC. On the surface, that's surprising, as the Russian intelligence service surely would have vetted her first. My guess is that it was a Russian setup, with the intention of compromising Trump's idiot son, just as they had compromised Manafort and Flynn.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Barring some health issue I think Trump finishes his term and possibly gets re-elected to another. I have very little faith in the citizens of this country.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Master of projection, you can basically figure out what Trump is up to by noting what he accuses others of.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Supposedly a Russian woman was introduced to Trump, Jr., and that woman had absolutely nothing of value in terms of Hillary or the DNC. On the surface, that's surprising, as the Russian intelligence service surely would have vetted her first. My guess is that it was a Russian setup, with the intention of compromising Trump's idiot son, just as they had compromised Manafort and Flynn.

Apparently it's a little more convoluted than that:

How a Music Publicist Connected Trump’s Inner Circle to a Russian Lawyer Peddling Clinton Dirt. Rob Goldstone had a good in: he had set up the mogul’s most successful venture in Russia.

You need a mega-sized flow chart to keep track of the cast of characters. Suffice it to say, Jr. was up to no good. If you attempt to rob a bank but somehow don't succeed in escaping with any cash, you still attempted to rob a bank.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Sean Spicer's been demoted, not on paper. I see Sarah Huckabee doing the pressers nowadays. It won't be long before she becomes another Trump staff scapegoat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

NBC: Junior has lawyered up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
NBC: Junior has lawyered up.

Who's next? Is there anyone left to lawyer up?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Had to repost this image. She looks like the roomate who comes to the door to tell you, "She doesn't want to talk to you!!!"

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are probably not Donald's favorite people right now. They're going to be on the list.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 449 of 3663
Jump to: