Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Tatum is good, Brown and Zizic NOT!

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

Best player in the draft....after our kid put up a triple double? I might agree with you if you said best scorer, but not best player.

Two other things about the game:

I would have loved to have seen Ingram matched up against Taytum at crunch time.

Buechler should have subbed for Bryant down the stretch. He couldn't stay with the lineup Boston had on the floor.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Magic's in game interview was cringeworthy.

Justifying trading Dlo because he was a scoring PG and we need a pass first PG.

Out of all people, he should realize that last pass first PG to win anything significant was 30 years ago when he led the Lakers to a championship.
Props to Magic saying that DLo is an excellent player that probably is more suited at SG where leadership skills are not critical to the situation.

I guess Jason Kidd (http://www.espn.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/110613) and Tony Parker (http://www.landofbasketball.com/teams/san_antonio_spurs.htm) are "Pass First PG"
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KungPau wrote:
paymonM wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:
best player in the draft
Fultz, Ball are better.
hope so, with Ball. I just think Ainge is in a different league.
Yeah, the G-league. Boston's draft picks under Ainge stink outloud most of the time.
Smart, Brown & Zizic are unremarkable and the other picks are either no-names or out of the league.
Marcus Smart and Jalen Brown will have long and successful careers.

Zuboc is just 19 years old with basketball skills. Will he become a good rotation player, nobody knows. He could be another Robert Sacre or a late bloomer.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:

Not to be a downer but Zo's defense tonight looked worse than Tatum's and I don't exactly blame Tatum for not passing. Brown who was supposed to be the vet of the group was flat out terrible

Huh? Tatum got lit up.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Out of all people, he should realize that last pass first PG to win anything significant was 30 years ago when he led the Lakers to a championship.
Props to Magic saying that DLo is an excellent player that probably is more suited at SG where leadership skills are not critical to the situation.

I guess Jason Kidd (http://www.espn.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/110613) and Tony Parker (http://www.landofbasketball.com/teams/san_antonio_spurs.htm) are "Pass First PG"

Kidd didn't lead the Mavs, Dirk did. Parker is not a pass first point guard.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject:

Just wanted to say that was a highly enjoyable game

But this Caruso should not play another minute he is absolutely horrible
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject:

Zubac was a + 5 and provided defense. Would have like to see more of him.

Kuz looks like he can develop into a nice 3/4. Had a few inches on Tatum

Ball is really a great passer, can go to the hoop and will hit the boards. Will feel better when that ugly 3 point shot starts to fall.

Hart looks slight but a nice ballplayer with a little of everything. Defense, shooting outside, driving I can see him in the rotation.

Nwaba: Needs to work on shooting but the rest of his game is pretty good and can guard the 3 at 6'4".

Bryant: He never got the ball away from the basket and never got into the flow of the game.

Wear, Caruso gosh these guys are terrible.

Have to say BI looked great against Clippers. Quickness and explosiveness are so much more improved. He looks super athletic now.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Yah, too bad we are set at SG.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

You pretty much saw the difference between Ball and Tatum in the game. Tatum is an ISO scorer, a good one at that. But he's going to have a high USG%, and he's not really impactful outside of scoring. He's not a great individual defender, and he's not a real shot creator for others. Ball on the other hand isn't a real great ISO scorer, but his passing is infectious and he's a pretty good spot up shooter even if the first two games aren't indicative of that.
smoothazsilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

Why is'nt Dozier playing? I live in AC country. He is better than the other Caruso and Thomas.
DanielKetch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Zubac was a + 5 and provided defense. Would have like to see more of him.

Kuz looks like he can develop into a nice 3/4. Had a few inches on Tatum

Ball is really a great passer, can go to the hoop and will hit the boards. Will feel better when that ugly 3 point shot starts to fall.

Hart looks slight but a nice ballplayer with a little of everything. Defense, shooting outside, driving I can see him in the rotation.

Nwaba: Needs to work on shooting but the rest of his game is pretty good and can guard the 3 at 6'4".

Bryant: He never got the ball away from the basket and never got into the flow of the game.

Wear, Caruso gosh these guys are terrible.

Have to say BI looked great against Clippers. Quickness and explosiveness are so much more improved. He looks super athletic now.

If Nwaba can add a consistent 3 ball to his game he'd be a great asset to us. His hops and defense are great. Could be our Shannon Brown.

Hart has a floater... Hart has a floater!

Rest of summer league should be about developing the core we actually are keeping -Zo, Zu, Kuzma, Bryant, Hart (if he's not shut down), Nwaba...

and for the love of Christ -- lets see us some Dozier!
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Why did Jud Buechler put Bryant in when Boston went small it didn't make any sense?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Dilla_ wrote:
Why did Jud Buechler put Bryant in when Boston went small it didn't make any sense?

It's all mind games
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Dilla_ wrote:

It's all mind games

He thinks it's volleyball?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

smoothazsilk wrote:
Why is'nt Dozier playing? I live in AC country. He is better than the other Caruso and Thomas.

You got me, we wanted to see more of him. In his limited minutes he didn't do well, seemed rushed...but that's the problem, would like to see more than limited minutes.
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I loved the ball movement tonight. Not just from Ball (though he drove the engine) but it seemed contagious. Lots of quick passes, drives and kicks, it was fun to watch.

Kuzma blew tons of layups but I'm sure he'll make many of those in most situations.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

You pretty much saw the difference between Ball and Tatum in the game. Tatum is an ISO scorer, a good one at that. But he's going to have a high USG%, and he's not really impactful outside of scoring. He's not a great individual defender, and he's not a real shot creator for others. Ball on the other hand isn't a real great ISO scorer, but his passing is infectious and he's a pretty good spot up shooter even if the first two games aren't indicative of that.

This - Tatum is a great iso scorer, but what a ball-stopper. They say how he has an older player's mentality and it really shows. His game is more suited to the late 80's or 90's. I still think he will be good, as anyone with that footwork and stroke will be, but I can't see a team incorporating that style beating the Warriors.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
I am not a head coach and have never been a head coach but evan I can figure out the rotation for this team.

Bring Blue Ware Caruso Bryant and Dozier in as your second unit. Let Blue go one on one and kick it to Ware when he gets doubled.

What if Wear is not open?
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Tatum reminds me a lot of Melo. Great midrange ISO scorers that don't pass or play defense. These kind of players dominate summer league. If he can do this against NBA defenders, he will be the next Melo.

Not to be a downer but Zo's defense tonight looked worse than Tatum's and I don't exactly blame Tatum for not passing. Brown who was supposed to be the vet of the group was flat out terrible

I disagree. Ball had very active hands and got a lot of strips and deflections, in addition to his block and steal. He is a good help defender. Much like the offensive end, he seems to have a good court awareness on defense. Not an exceptional 1-on-1 defender, and I think a lot of people judge defense in purely those terms, just as they do offense.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
paymonM wrote:
pio2u wrote:

best player in the draft

Fultz, Ball are better.

That may be so, in the long run, but Tatum has been the best rookie in the Summer League.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

???

Outside of Avery Johnson, Jason Williams, Rajon Rondo, and Jason Kidd, I give this opinion a perfect score.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
vicman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Kidd won a title. And really Lebron is basically a pass first player for the most part he scores but he defers a lot of time

Seriously?

Lebron James is just an all around great player. No player that can average over 30 PPG is a pass-first player. No player with a career average of 27 PPG is a pass-first player. He is a great passer, but he is a go-to scorer first and foremost.

Jason Kidd was a role player on that Dallas team. He was basically a spot up shooter. It's like saying Boston won their championship because of Rajon Rondo.

OK, so you meant to say "no pass first PG has won Finals MVP in 30 years". Got it.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Who said anything about "leading"?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
tox wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Who said anything about "leading"?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51
Jump to: