2017-18 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/07/uber-driver-says-lets-hit-the-road-when-shareece-wright-requested-ride/

Quote:
Uber driver says “let’s hit the road” when Shareece Wright requested ride


When Uber driver Hadi Abdollahian first heard Shareece Wright wanted to go to Buffalo, he thought the Bills cornerback meant Buffalo Wild Wings. Abdollahian didn’t blink, though, driving Wright the 547 miles from Chicago O’Hare Airport to the Bills’ facility.

“I promised him on the phone,” Abdollahian said via Marissa Payne of The Washington Post, “so I said, ‘let’s hit the road.’”

Wright became stranded at the airport Monday night with Bills’ organized team activities scheduled for Tuesday morning. Wright, who signed as a free agent in May, opted for the eight-hour car ride with Abdollahian, and the pair made it to the team facility just before 7 a.m.

Abdollahian, who arrived in the U.S. from Turkey four years ago, told the Post he didn’t know Wright was a football player until Wright told him. The two have become fast friends.

“I loved his company,” Abdollahian said. “We had a great time.”

The fare came to $632.08, and Wright added a $300 tip. Abdollahian didn’t waste any time in getting home, driving straight back to Chicago after dropping off Wright.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7051
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
And the Jets are embracing the full-on tank for 2017. They release David Harris, and will trade or release Decker. I bet that Forte isn't too far behind; there's zero point in keeping him on that roster.

"With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...Sam Darnold, Quarterback, USC."


Their last high pick U$C QB turned out quite well for them....


Going back to the well, I say!
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

Dwayne Allen, new Patriot TE who was just picked up from the Colts:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/872537345366601729

How long has this guy played TE? He doesn't even have the proper technique to catch a football. Pivot to face the QB, your thumbs should be down when catching the ball anywhere above your belly button. The dope looks like he's using the technique to catch a fade, when in fact the ball speed and trajectory tells you it isn't a fade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Dwayne Allen, new Patriot TE who was just picked up from the Colts:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/872537345366601729

How long has this guy played TE? He doesn't even have the proper technique to catch a football. Pivot to face the QB, your thumbs should be down when catching the ball anywhere above your belly button. The dope looks like he's using the technique to catch a fade, when in fact the ball speed and trajectory tells you it isn't a fade.


He was drafted in 2012 same year as Andrew Luck.

I liked Dwayne personally( the local commercial he had with Andrew Luck promoting reading was cute) but on the field? I don't miss him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 6697
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Dwayne Allen, new Patriot TE who was just picked up from the Colts:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/872537345366601729

How long has this guy played TE? He doesn't even have the proper technique to catch a football. Pivot to face the QB, your thumbs should be down when catching the ball anywhere above your belly button. The dope looks like he's using the technique to catch a fade, when in fact the ball speed and trajectory tells you it isn't a fade.


You can see Brady telling him that. He makes the "hands" gesture -- the nicest way for Brady to say "Dwayne, (bleep) it, don't you know how to catch a football!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7051
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
Dwayne Allen, new Patriot TE who was just picked up from the Colts:

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/872537345366601729

How long has this guy played TE? He doesn't even have the proper technique to catch a football. Pivot to face the QB, your thumbs should be down when catching the ball anywhere above your belly button. The dope looks like he's using the technique to catch a fade, when in fact the ball speed and trajectory tells you it isn't a fade.


You can see Brady telling him that. He makes the "hands" gesture -- the nicest way for Brady to say "Dwayne, (bleep) it, don't you know how to catch a football!"


There's a reason that Jack Doyle passed him up in the Colts' eyes.
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/09/men-who-stole-demarcus-wares-super-bowl-ring-get-jail-time/

Quote:
Men who stole DeMarcus Ware’s Super Bowl ring get jail time

DeMarcus Ware got his Super Bowl ring returned, and the two men who took it are headed to jail.

Billy McCaslin, 41, and Sergio Irreza, 32, both pleaded guilty to second-degree burglary in a plea agreement. According to The Denver Post, McCaslin received 60 days in jail plus two years’ probation, while Irreza was sentenced to 30 days in jail plus two years’ probation.

The two men broke into Ware’s house during the Broncos’ Oct. 24 game against the Texans and stole $40,000 in valuables. Police arrested McCaslin and Irreza two days later after releasing video from Ware’s security system.

Most of the property was recovered, including the Super Bowl L ring.

Ware retired in March after a 12-year NFL career. He made 138.5 sacks in his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/jason-witten-dirk-nowitzki-share-mutual-admiration/

Quote:
Jason Witten, Dirk Nowitzki share mutual admiration


Jason Witten and Dirk Nowitzki were two of the guests at Tony Romo’s party last week, celebrating the former quarterback’s career. During the night, Witten and Nowitzki, two of the biggest names in Dallas’ sports history, exchanged trade secrets.

“You think about how he hones in on his shot what goes into it, I mean, I think we all know that he’s got a great shot, but he doesn’t just walk out there and shoot like that,” Witten said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “The details that he goes into to performing at that level and the gym rat that he is, and just the repetitions, I’m similar. I gain a lot of confidence in the individual part of practice and the footwork and the steps and the stems of the route tree. Those are things I hang my hat on.”

Nowitzki, who turns 39 next week, will play a 20th season with the Mavericks. He is a 14-time NBA All-Star and one of only six players in history with 30,000 points.

Witten, 35, enters his 15th season with the Cowboys. His 1,089 are second all time among tight ends.

“I know I can play at a high level,” Witten said. “I know my expectations are higher than they’ve ever been. How long will it be like that? I don’t know, but I’m sure at some point I won’t be able to play up to my expectations. Right now that’s not where I’m at.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Ravens sign Jeremy Maclin. Chiefs are really trying to make Alex Smith's life hard. He's going to be stuck with young underachievers and Kelce in a year where he has to fend off Mahomes.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7051
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:23 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Ravens sign Jeremy Maclin. Chiefs are really trying to make Alex Smith's life hard. He's going to be stuck with young underachievers and Kelce in a year where he has to fend off Mahomes.


And Adam Schefter thinks that the Ravens are still in play for Eric Decker, too.
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30306

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

Denver is the obvious beneficiary from the Maclin drama. KC already had a constipated offense, taking away Captain Checkdown's WR1 gives Denver a better shot at the playoffs. I'm curious to see how Oakland will perform in the AFC West. They have another year of experience, but many of their victories last season were the result of single score games. Do they improve, or do they regress back to the mean? It sounds like KC had a number of vets who didn't bother reporting to mini-camp. Was Maclin's release an attempt by Reid to send a message? If so, the message was a self-inflicted gunshot wound that will only tighten the race further.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Ravens sign Jeremy Maclin. Chiefs are really trying to make Alex Smith's life hard. He's going to be stuck with young underachievers and Kelce in a year where he has to fend off Mahomes.


And Adam Schefter thinks that the Ravens are still in play for Eric Decker, too.


They're in a crossroads right now. Their team isn't good enough to contend but they have enough talent for a WC. They've missed the playoffs 2 years in a row and have given an expensive Flacco literally no weapons outside of an old Steve Smith and a quitting butterfingers like Mike Wallace.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject:

Titans sign Eric Decker. A good move for both sides. Mariota gets a big body target who managed to produce quality seasons with the likes of Tebow, Orton, and Fitzpatrick under center after a season where receivers were in dire need. Decker's wife gets to sing in Nashville.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 7051
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Titans sign Eric Decker. A good move for both sides. Mariota gets a big body target who managed to produce quality seasons with the likes of Tebow, Orton, and Fitzpatrick under center after a season where receivers were in dire need. Decker's wife gets to sing in Nashville.


Really nice offense that the Titans are building. This is totally under the radar for most fans, but the Titans are getting more skilled on offense while having a top 3 offensive line in all of football. They need to keep improving the D, and their schedule will be a little harder this season, but they should be competitive in that division at the very least.
_________________
My current plan of attack:

Get involved in this Melo-to-Houston trade, making it a 4-teamer with MIL and us. Deng ends up going to the Knicks, who get picks from us and MIL; we absorb Monroe's expiring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 40458
Location: In a world where admitting not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

Went back to DirecTV. Spectrum just didn't cut it. DTV has more HD channels. Good thing is I get NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday ticket free for a season and a $200.00 reward card.

I live in Los Angeles but I'm not really a staunch Ram fan. I root for them because they're based here. I'm more a Raider fan. I'll be watching a lot of split screen football this season.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Titans sign Eric Decker. A good move for both sides. Mariota gets a big body target who managed to produce quality seasons with the likes of Tebow, Orton, and Fitzpatrick under center after a season where receivers were in dire need. Decker's wife gets to sing in Nashville.


Really nice offense that the Titans are building. This is totally under the radar for most fans, but the Titans are getting more skilled on offense while having a top 3 offensive line in all of football. They need to keep improving the D, and their schedule will be a little harder this season, but they should be competitive in that division at the very least.


Their offense should be set for some time. But that D is just awful. Matt Barkley and Trevor Siemian are looking like prime Peyton Manning against that secondary.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30306

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Devonta Freeman is having a hard time letting go of the Atlanta Falcons' Super Bowl LI loss to the New England Patriots, and that includes what he perceives as his own lost chance at winning MVP of the game.

"I hate to go there, but I was supposed to be the MVP this year of the Super Bowl, but it's all good, we got another shot," the Falcons running back said Wednesday on SiriusXM Blitz.



http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19706808/devonta-freeman-atlanta-falcons-was-supposed-super-bowl-li-mvp


Actually you were supposed to block Dont'a Hightower. Thanks for allowing that strip sack, Devonta. At the very least, New England owes you a Super Bowl ring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

This was probably tongue in cheek

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/23/archie-manning-adam-gase-reached-out-to-peyton-after-ryan-tannehill-was-injured/

Quote:

Archie Manning: Adam Gase reached out to Peyton after Ryan Tannehill was injured


At a time when many are wondering whether recently-retired quarterbacks Tony Romo and Jay Cutler would return to the NFL if a starter gets injured during the upcoming season, it turns out that last year’s high-profile retiree had an opportunity to return, sort of.

Via Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Archie Manning said Friday that he saw last December a text-message exchange between his son, Peyton, and Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

“He said, ‘Hey 18, [Ryan] Tannehill went down,'” Archie said. “[Gase] said, ‘I think he’s going to miss some time. The first question I’m going to get at the press conference in the morning is if I’m going to try to bring you to Miami. What do you want me to tell them?'”

It’s a creative way for Gase, Peyton’s offensive coordinator in Denver, to ask Peyton whether he was interested without officially asking him whether he was interested. Regardless, Peyton wasn’t interested.

Said Archie: “The text message came back from Peyton, ‘You tell them I could probably come play, but there’s no way I can miss carpool the next two weeks.’ So, he was done.”

Peyton was done, and he still is done. But it’s fascinating to think what could have happened late last season, if Peyton Manning had swooped in to help a Dolphins team that lost to Pittsburgh in the wild-card round — and that with an upset there would have been destined for a trip to New England to face the Patriots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
This was probably tongue in cheek

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/23/archie-manning-adam-gase-reached-out-to-peyton-after-ryan-tannehill-was-injured/

Quote:

Archie Manning: Adam Gase reached out to Peyton after Ryan Tannehill was injured


At a time when many are wondering whether recently-retired quarterbacks Tony Romo and Jay Cutler would return to the NFL if a starter gets injured during the upcoming season, it turns out that last year’s high-profile retiree had an opportunity to return, sort of.

Via Josh Katzenstein of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Archie Manning said Friday that he saw last December a text-message exchange between his son, Peyton, and Dolphins coach Adam Gase.

“He said, ‘Hey 18, [Ryan] Tannehill went down,'” Archie said. “[Gase] said, ‘I think he’s going to miss some time. The first question I’m going to get at the press conference in the morning is if I’m going to try to bring you to Miami. What do you want me to tell them?'”

It’s a creative way for Gase, Peyton’s offensive coordinator in Denver, to ask Peyton whether he was interested without officially asking him whether he was interested. Regardless, Peyton wasn’t interested.

Said Archie: “The text message came back from Peyton, ‘You tell them I could probably come play, but there’s no way I can miss carpool the next two weeks.’ So, he was done.”

Peyton was done, and he still is done. But it’s fascinating to think what could have happened late last season, if Peyton Manning had swooped in to help a Dolphins team that lost to Pittsburgh in the wild-card round — and that with an upset there would have been destined for a trip to New England to face the Patriots.


The Pittsburgh loss wasn't necessarily all on Matt Moore (who albeit looked shaky after a penalized hit by Bud Dupree). While I was hoping for Manning to pick Miami instead of the Donkeys way earlier, the team isn't ready to be a contender. Horrendous run defense and lacking depth in the secondary (led by a guy named Rambo) were the main reasons for the Steelers loss. That said, if Manning managed to win past the Cheatriots and Steelers with this lineup, that would've cemented him as GOAT.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow440
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Chiefs fired a good GM. I wonder if it had anything to do with him not wanting to do the Mahomes trade. He is gonna be a mega bust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow440 wrote:
Chiefs fired a good GM. I wonder if it had anything to do with him not wanting to do the Mahomes trade. He is gonna be a mega bust.


I was surprised by that as well. Definitely an above-average GM.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 3236
Location: OC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Derek Carr becomes the highest paid player in the business.

Old news by now but I thought I'd add that little tidbit to this here LG NFL thread.

Couldn't find it if it was an oversight my apologies.

I did see that the Titans signed Eric Decker though.

LOL!
_________________
16 and counting....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Posts: 3236
Location: OC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Guess while i'm at it I'll add this vid link of DC making #11 in top 100 players list in NFL.

Gotta admit that I hate Phillip Rivers a little bit less after watching this video
(still cant stand him though ):

LINK---> http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/0ap3000000816423/Top-100-Players-of-2017-No-11-Derek-Carr
_________________
16 and counting....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 21073

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/11/bruce-arians-reveals-he-had-kidney-cancer-during-the-2016-season/

Quote:
Bruce Arians reveals he had kidney cancer during the 2016 season


Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has revealed that he was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, the most common type of kidney cancer, during the 2016 season.

Arians writes in his new book that he got the diagnosis in December and decided to coach the rest of the season. He had surgery to remove the cancer in February and says he’s now doing well and will be healthy enough to coach the team in 2017.

“Now I feel great,” Arians writes, via the Cardinals’ website. “My energy has returned. I’m told I’m cancer-free again. I’m ready for at least one more season of NFL football—maybe more.”

This is the third cancer diagnosis for Arians, who has previously had prostate cancer in 2007 and had cancerous cells scraped off his nose in 2013.

“Moving forward, I want to be a beacon of hope for others struggling with cancer,” Arians writes. “My fight is their fight. I’m not coaching for myself in 2017; I’m coaching for everyone who’s dealing with cancer. This is my charge.”

Fans of all teams will root for Arians in that fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 18789
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/11/bruce-arians-reveals-he-had-kidney-cancer-during-the-2016-season/

Quote:
Bruce Arians reveals he had kidney cancer during the 2016 season


Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has revealed that he was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma, the most common type of kidney cancer, during the 2016 season.

Arians writes in his new book that he got the diagnosis in December and decided to coach the rest of the season. He had surgery to remove the cancer in February and says he’s now doing well and will be healthy enough to coach the team in 2017.

“Now I feel great,” Arians writes, via the Cardinals’ website. “My energy has returned. I’m told I’m cancer-free again. I’m ready for at least one more season of NFL football—maybe more.”

This is the third cancer diagnosis for Arians, who has previously had prostate cancer in 2007 and had cancerous cells scraped off his nose in 2013.

“Moving forward, I want to be a beacon of hope for others struggling with cancer,” Arians writes. “My fight is their fight. I’m not coaching for myself in 2017; I’m coaching for everyone who’s dealing with cancer. This is my charge.”

Fans of all teams will root for Arians in that fight.


Good he caught it early. My dad died from this.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB